Unlock Code to Get the Fix?

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
Dealer called me this morning to get an "unlock code" from me so that they could order the parts for my fix scheduled on my Q5 TDI on January 15.
Dealer also tells me their instructions say that the customer has to be standing in the dealership to provide the unlock code when they call. How terribly inconvenient, if I have to visit the dealer twice.

Can anyone shed light on what the unlock code is, and where I might find it? Can't find such a code in the portal. Can the unlock code be obtained when I go in for the service?

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered.

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
I think it’s the claim number.
Dealer was able to set up a conference call with Volkswagen, and after providing my VIN#, name, e-mail, they read out an unlock code for the dealer. I think it is something they need to put in their system to order the parts and schedule the fix for each vehicle. VW does not seem to be keeping the dealers in the loop as to how all of this works.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
Claim number, 9 digit number

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
you have to be there.

they want to verify over the phone that once they start to fix the car, you no longer qualify for the buyback.

if it is a PITA, see if you can do this when you drop the car off.