I think I will take my time for the buy back

Pappa Grande

TDI
2015 GSW S 6sp [was 2013 Passat TDI 6sp & was 2002 Golf]
I am going to accept the buy back. I like many others struggle with what to replace my 2013 Passat with.

I've looked at all sorts of cars and even looked at leases.

Even if I drive over the allotted millage, keeping my car is still cheaper in the long run then any lease, or frankly new car payment.

I think I will keep my car until next summer and hope nothing bad happens.

Jicafold

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
My thoughts too. My wife does not want to get rid of the Audi A3 TDI because there is no where else to get that quality, performance, and fuel economy. So with no depreciation we plan to return it for the buyback in 2018. I wonder what happens in 2018 if VW does not get 85% participation.

impulse922

TDI
a3
My thoughts too. My wife does not want to get rid of the Audi A3 TDI because there is no where else to get that quality, performance, and fuel economy. So with no depreciation we plan to return it for the buyback in 2018. I wonder what happens in 2018 if VW does not get 85% participation.
I love our a3, but I think an mk7 golf is a much better car. Seats in the Audi are flat and very firm. The diesel in San Antonio is brutal during summer months, almost like an on/off switch with throttle response/turbo lag.

Jicafold

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
I love our a3, but I think an mk7 golf is a much better car. Seats in the Audi are flat and very firm. The diesel in San Antonio is brutal during summer months, almost like an on/off switch with throttle response/turbo lag.
This is true. The seats could have larger side bolsters like the ones in my VW Eos. The Eos seats are great. And yes, San Antonio is hot and turbo lag is there, and you don't really get moving until you hit 2nd gear. Considering a tune for the remaining 2 years of driving.

midwestblues

TDI
Golf
I agree. I was planning to do the buy back right away but after looking at alternatives, I can't find one that matches up with the TDI. I do 35000 miles a year and even with the additional mileage, I only loos about $500 - $700 a year in buy back. Just makes more sense to keep the car for as long as I can and then do the buy back. And hope like hell that the car does not get totaled (knock on wood).