????ecu Test????

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Rich: Jeff Roberston.

BTW, why do you think there's a problem? Outright failures are rare.

general lee

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
been talking to a few guys here. Symtoms are almost exact match. In my post limpmode racking my brain, we eventually arrive at this. Also replaced the n75 and mafs. that did absolutly nothing. as well the codes keep showing up.

general lee

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Is Jeff Robertson a member? should I type his name into search? is he a repair guy?
Sorry man, I'm not to bright, I need stuff real simple. Also please don't take it as lazy either. Just not to sure what to do with the name. I'm going to assume you mean he can help me if I contact him.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I believe Jeff Robertson may be JSRMonster here at TDI Club.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/member.php?u=8855

Send him your ECM (engine control module) and he will check it out. If it's bad he probably has some spares.

Dimitri16V

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Golf, 04 Golf
whatever you do, DON'T SEND YOUR ECU TO ECUDIRECT.COM OR GOECM.COM
They will scam you..

Last edited:

Canadian_Grizzly

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Try the ECU reset procedure.

1. With car off, depress accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.

2. Turn key to on position but do not start vehicle. Wait for a slow count of fifteen. Take key out.

3. Start car normally. Sometimes this has to be repeated a second time.

Just a thought...

general lee

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
TornadoRed, Dimitri16V, Canadian_Grizzly, Thanks for the info. I'LL give your suggestions a try. Had the car on the operation table for almost 3 weeks. It's driving me crazy... wait it's driving me nowhere. I'll report back later today.

general lee

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta
Well, here's a head scratcher. Vacuumed the ecu board, male and female ecu connectors. Cleaned connectors with rubbing alcohol. Put all back together. Started car, ran rough for a few minutes, the usual 5 codes came up. Then it started to run normal. cleared codes, no codes came back. Cleared codes again, glow plug code came up but no cel. (I have been suspicious of a glow plug problem since last winter, so I don't find that code surprising) Started car again, ran great, test drive, ran great.
Hmmmm, wonder if this is a bandaid, a fluke, or a dust particle. Feel free to chime in and offer your opinion.