Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Durwinfeanora

TDI
Passat TDI 2013 highline
Green check for us to in this beginning of afternoon. Submitted on may 11. Now I'm waiting that offer.

Things have been clarified with our dealer. Deposit have been put on my Beetle dune. Just have to wait for the car to arrive. So between may 24 and June 24. They also said that they would clear the balance of our loan and be able to put it back on the Beetle.

Only negative point is that I wont have a deal, but I have the car I want.

Steve Ferrous

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2011 Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI (gone), 2000 Jetta TDI (gone), 1991 Diesel Jetta (gone)
I am confident that the 105000th owner to submit will have his money before me. I'll be the last one for sure! :rolleyes:
ha ha - made me laugh.

45k registered - that would probably be through the portal and require very little work on their end. I am surprised at the number of agents -450. No wonder the responses and timelines are all over the place.

mxs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Just called in again this morning at 10 am and told that no supervisors were there, I said put me on hold until one comes to work. 30 minutes longer on hold to have a supervisor named Kyle (who was the same guy that helped me last Wednesday) but with a whole new attitude today. He started into telling me that Ricepoint is complying with the timelines specified in the court order and that they have until December 2018 to complete.
Kyle partied too much on the weekend or ate some hallucinogenic mushrooms. Maybe ask Kyle next time what timelines the court has specified exactly in its court order? I'd love to hear those.

My estimate is that Kyle will not last for much longer if he keeps it up ... or he's Ricepoint's best employee ... it can only be one of those two ... LOL

Lister

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Z4, 2007 Audi A3 RIP, 2013 Jetta Dirty Diesel, 2013 BMW 328i
Well the escalation of my file worked. I received the offer letter today, and I just signed and uploaded it.

Now we will see how long they take to schedule the pre buyback appointment.

FVWVWF

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2012 TDI Highline Manual
Well the escalation of my file worked. I received the offer letter today, and I just signed and uploaded it.

Now we will see how long they take to schedule the pre buyback appointment.
Today being May 15th....called them and the guy tells me that the letter of offer has been drafted on May 9th. It went through audit and was sitting in front of him. I asked him how long before I see it, he tells me it needs to be uploaded and it should be done either this or next week.
So I asked him why it would take 2 weeks to upload something that took 7 days to go through audit....he did not have a reply. But since it was "sitting in front of him"....I am going to give them until end of day today. Tomorrow if I dont see anything, I'll start calling.

srow

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI w/VNT17/22, Injectors, 15lbs SMF, full stainless exhaust (Gone) 2002 Jetta TDI (Gone) 2003 Golf TDI (Gone) 2006 Jetta TDI (Gone) 2005 Jetta TDI (Gone) 2011 Jetta TDI (Gone) 2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew (current)
Is there no calculator available on the site anymore?

uchu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Highline - in VW's possession
Today being May 15th....called them and the guy tells me that the letter of offer has been drafted on May 9th. It went through audit and was sitting in front of him. I asked him how long before I see it, he tells me it needs to be uploaded and it should be done either this or next week.
So I asked him why it would take 2 weeks to upload something that took 7 days to go through audit....he did not have a reply. But since it was "sitting in front of him"....I am going to give them until end of day today. Tomorrow if I dont see anything, I'll start calling.
Slow as molasses, it seems. Today is day five of me staring at the green check marks of doom. If I don't see any change by Wednesday, I'll make my first call to Rice Pudding...

Bajszi

TDI
2011 Golf SW
Is there anyone from SK?

I've submitted my documents when they opened up the website, but we do not have "back of Registration" here. I talked to them on the phone, and after him talking to the supervisor and doing some research they realized SK does not have anything on the back, but they still require something. I've been waiting for nearly two weeks now and nothing happened.

Is anyone else in the same situation?

mxs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
BS ... call back and request supervisor. It's frustrating, but your only recourse.

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
BUYBACK : Golf Sportwagen TDi 2010
BREAKING NEWS

2 documents on 4 were approved.

BUT for a unknown reason, they refused the recto and verso of the "certificat d'immatriculation" *** !!! Everything is fine with my documents...&?&#$?&#$%&?#$%&$

Last edited:

Lister

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Z4, 2007 Audi A3 RIP, 2013 Jetta Dirty Diesel, 2013 BMW 328i
I called last Thurs and they told me i couldnt speak to a supervisor and that they would escalate...
They told me the same thing, but that he would escalate my claim. I am not sure if it worked or if it was a coincidence, but I would accept the offer of them escalating the claim.

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
Call them! At least mine passed with no problems. I assume the certificate is current?
I called them but I resubmitted while I was waiting on the phone. The guy on the phone said that my documents seems to be fine but it's another team that will analyse and approved the documents (I know...) and at this time, he cannot put a priority on it because the documents have been reviewed.

Let's hope this time it's gonna be faster... but I'm far from having my money!!!

SteveW928

TDI
2010 VW Jetta TDI (Platinum Grey Metallic)
All I know is, I was trying to save the damn insurance company some money by opting for a lesser settlement but apparently, that "not the way it works.".
Instead, I guess I'll go ahead and get the car fixed and then send the car to the crusher.
What a friggin' waste.
Yea, I suppose from their view, you could just turn it in unfixed. But... if that's the way they want to play the game, yea, I'd have it fixed, then turn it in. I wonder if they back-pedal when they hear that?

I am very happy for the people who have had a smooth process. I am convinced that they have randomly picked a few cases each day that they hand hold start to finish, that they can use as examples if the lawyers or judge ask for proof that the system is working. This is the only reasonable explanation why some are going quickly and the rest of us are getting the run around.
Nah, that would take effort and planning. I don't think they are that organized! ;)

astroboy

TDI
golf wagon tdi highline
So...I'm really torn on this.

We bought our sportwagon tdi with cash from getting married. (I know how spoiled that sounds. We live incredibly modestly)

We bought it because we were having a child and we looked for (what we thought) would be the most long lasting car out there. Our plan was to drive it into the ground. Maybe 15 years if we were lucky. We weren't car people before. Cyclists.

If we take the settlement and trade in, we really don't have the money for payments (bought 1st house in Toronto last year. 2 kids in childcare)
So in all honesty, I'd love to take the settlement and put it back into our family (house)

But I'm concerned about the recall. After they "fix" the problem, will it be the same car? Will the engine still be as long lasting? Will performance? Mileage?

I feel like I'm being asked to gamble when I really just want the car I paid for.

Fishinghole

TDI
2014 TDI comfortline
Booked my date on Friday and received phone call on Saturday asking for mileage on the car. Found the process went quite smoothly.

sydneycb

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Done. Five days start to finish. I feel blessed. This from the guy who always picks the wrong check-out line.
It's over.
So you turned your car in, its gone? And it only took 5 days? When did you submit your documents? Did you have any outstanding loan?
Congrats on such a smooth process.

giovanni1

TDI
Trendline Sportwagon
I am glad for most of you on this site who are making progress, congrats!

Myself, I am still at the green check mark stage, about 8 days now.

Last night I got the ambition to call in and complain, as I have seen that some of you here have had some success.

At around 7pm, after all of the press here and press there, I got to a message that said "we are experiencing high call demands at this moment nad cannot take your call", and they hung up.

So I tried again around 9pm. Went through the whole shpeal again and got to the point where I was on hold and listening to there version of elevator music.

I was sitting watching the hockey game so I figure I would leave the phone on hold and play this out till I actually spoke to someone.

2 HOURS LATER at exactly 11pm still no pick up from them and now obviously it is time for them to stop work and they cut me off!!

This is becoming very frustrating!!!

Swatch

Veteran Member
TDI
BREAKING NEWS (Part II)

Submitted : April 28th
All documents approved : May 16th (18 days later...)

Like I said, I'm far from having my money... and like someone else said, green check marks are overrated !!!

Last edited:

uchu

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Highline - in VW's possession
I am glad for most of you on this site who are making progress, congrats!

Myself, I am still at the green check mark stage, about 8 days now.

Last night I got the ambition to call in and complain, as I have seen that some of you here have had some success.

At around 7pm, after all of the press here and press there, I got to a message that said "we are experiencing high call demands at this moment nad cannot take your call", and they hung up.

So I tried again around 9pm. Went through the whole shpeal again and got to the point where I was on hold and listening to there version of elevator music.

I was sitting watching the hockey game so I figure I would leave the phone on hold and play this out till I actually spoke to someone.

2 HOURS LATER at exactly 11pm still no pick up from them and now obviously it is time for them to stop work and they cut me off!!

This is becoming very frustrating!!!
Not surprised. They claimed in their latest statement that the best time to call is 7 AM EDT. Not sure if that's true, though.

Last edited:

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
Got the green checkmarks 8 days ago. Received the corresponding email notifying me of those green checkmarks today... What a system.

n1d0n

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf tdi wolfsburg and 1986 toyota pickup SASed AHU tdi
Got the green checkmarks 8 days ago. Received the corresponding email notifying me of those green checkmarks today... What a system.
lol you are lucky I've had the green checkmarks for 18 days now and never got the email.

joey003

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline
lol you are lucky I've had the green checkmarks for 18 days now and never got the email.
Lol. I just submitted everything for a second TDI I have (the wife was driving). It has my name on the bill of sale and her name on the ownership. I'm waiting to see how long it takes for the different names to screw something up.