what is the name of this part?

Ralphpowell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,green
I have a 2000 Jetta TDI.

What is the part that is located on TOP OF THE VALVE COVER....(to the RIGHT of the OIL CAP) ? Is a black diaphragm looking device with a hose coming out of it. The hose on mine is broken and I need to order a new one. Can anyone tell me what this is called? And what the purpose of it? Thank you.

RoseBud68

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 mk3 Jetta 1.9
Wow...You been a member for over ten years and you have no clue what that is?????

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
It's the breather for the pcv system

Ralphpowell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,green
Wow...You been a member for over ten years and you have no clue what that is?????

Yes, Rosebud. That is correct. I have no idea what this is for.

You sound like a person of extreme enlightenment. You probably know a little bit about everything there is to know in this world. Congratulations. Thanks for your assistance. You were extremely helpful in answering my question.

Ralphpowell

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2000,green

You sound like a person of extreme enlightenment. You probably know a little bit about everything there is to know in this world. Congratulations. Thanks for your assistance. You were extremely helpful in answering my question.

RoseBud68

Veteran Member
TDI
'99 mk3 Jetta 1.9
You are not using this board to the fullest. There more to this board than just posting. May want to look around and maybe learn something. Its help me a lot.

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
You are not using this board to the fullest. There more to this board than just posting. May want to look around and maybe learn something. Its help me a lot.
Hasn't helped your grammar :p

Mostly the part is called the CCV puck due to its hockey puck shape.
I definitely recommend looking in the write-up list and looking through it a bit to become familiar with what's available there and getting familiar with the tdi search engine linked in TDI 101.

At the same time I appreciate your post as it may just allow someone with a search for the question to find the answer.