Looking for BRM timing belt tool (VW T10100 or clone)

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Golf TDI, was 06 Jetta TDI, 15 q7 tdi, was 11 Q7 TDI
Looking to buy/rent/borrow the above tool to do my timing belt change on my brm 06 jetta.

I may end up buying a cheap one from amazon.ca, but not sure about the shipping times from CHina.

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
Thx. I ended up buying a set of eBay.... I will have them probably in about 4 weeks. Will let you guys know how it works out.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta BRM 6MT; '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI GSW
Maybe late but i do have a clone you can borrow. I have used it to replace the timing belt on my BRM twice.

Send me a message if you need in I'm in Kitchener during typical business hours on weekdays...

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally got my tools in the mail yesterday. Thought they weren't ever coming..... Contacted seller earlier this week and he is also sending another set.

Came from China, thought his listing said Malaysia. Likely a long delay at cdn customs.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Finally got my tools in the mail yesterday. Thought they weren't ever coming..... Contacted seller earlier this week and he is also sending another set.

Came from China, thought his listing said Malaysia. Likely a long delay at cdn customs.

If you want to sell the second set, I will take it off your hands. Going to need it to do the Jetta (belt kit is already in the mail)

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
If you want to sell the second set, I will take it off your hands. Going to need it to do the Jetta (belt kit is already in the mail)

Sure.

Do you want to help me practice on my car? I'm thinking about doing it soon. TB and WB from Contitech

P

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Sure no problem. I've nevet done it on an MKV Jetta TDI but did it on my Passat so the basics should be the same. When are you planning to do this?

petee_c

Veteran Member
TDI
Sure no problem. I've nevet done it on an MKV Jetta TDI but did it on my Passat so the basics should be the same. When are you planning to do this?
I'm planning on doing it in the evenings during the week. Are you free in the evenings after Canada day?

Peter

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I think I'll be free some of the evenings next week. Send me a PM a day or two before you stsrt and I can let you know.