09A drive flange ring

sawmilldon

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Wagon
I am rebuilding the 09A in my 2004 Jetta tdi, and when the drive flange was removed, the tapered ring next to the thrust washer is in two pieces.
Does anyone have a part number for that? My local dealer wants over 70 dollars for one, and I do not like being ripped off.

Thanks

sawmilldon

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Wagon
For those that care, the 09A drive flange part that I was looking for was found at ECS tuning, and cost about 40 dollars. The VW part number is 09A409374.

It looks like this forum is not for people who work on their cars beyond changing components, amirite?

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
For those that care, the 09A drive flange part that I was looking for was found at ECS tuning, and cost about 40 dollars. The VW part number is 09A409374.

It looks like this forum is not for people who work on their cars beyond changing components, amirite?
etka or ekta, i forget
google it, one'll be an online parts manual with exploded diagrams

not much info on VW autos out there, been meaning to get a core to play around with but no time

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
this jatco trans was used in volvos, range rovers, and jaguars ... prob more ... i'm sure you can find one at a local weecker ... what's up with the comment about people on this forum being "parts changers" ? ... so sad everyone on here
isn't coming to your immediate rescue and holding your hand on a parts search ? :( :rolleyes: :D

sawmilldon

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Wagon
this jatco trans was used in volvos, range rovers, and jaguars ... prob more ... i'm sure you can find one at a local weecker ... what's up with the comment about people on this forum being "parts changers" ? ... so sad everyone on here
isn't coming to your immediate rescue and holding your hand on a parts search ? :( :rolleyes: :D
I am aware of the range of cars that take the jf506e, my comment was based on searching this site for tips on operations such as compressing springs on the clutch assemblies, achieving clearance for friction/steel assemblies, almost anything that caused me to pause when rebuilding the 09A.
Not meant to be a caustic comment, but I got the impression that not many here actually rebuild their trannies due to a lack of forum threads on the subject.
I have looked for a forum for automatic tranny rebuilding, to no avail.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
I am aware of the range of cars that take the jf506e, my comment was based on searching this site for tips on operations such as compressing springs on the clutch assemblies, achieving clearance for friction/steel assemblies, almost anything that caused me to pause when rebuilding the 09A.
Not meant to be a caustic comment, but I got the impression that not many here actually rebuild their trannies due to a lack of forum threads on the subject.
I have looked for a forum for automatic tranny rebuilding, to no avail.

I would love to hear your experience and any insights gained when rebuilding your 09A.

How about making a thread about it? Maybe others can chime in with tips and we all can benefit. Clearly you have identified a topic that has had little discussion.

jetmech54

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4, 1.9L, BEW, 393000 Km
I would be interested in hear about how the rebuild goes as well as any video's and Pic's you may have.

sawmilldon

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Wagon
That is a pretty good idea. I do have a few pics, could give an outline of the project, but I am too far along to give very good detail about the early steps. Of course, that is just disassembly. I will get a post going!