Boost gauge pressure take off location

TDiSi

Where is the best place to take the pressure from for a boost gauge?

Is was going to use the connection from the IC outlet into the inlet manifold.

Is that a good place?

The oil pressure sender is going by stock VW pressure switch and the temp sender will replace the sump plug or go next to the pressure sender.

Thanks

Simon

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow
I think it doesn't much matter. I think what you should think about is that you will have to remove certain parts to either look into the intake, or look at the timing belts. I have some extra tubing and have it coiled up in the engine compartment so I don't have to disconnect anything. Then again, disconnecting the tube if you have a fitting (I faked it with no fitting) might not be so difficult. I would put the fitting or hole or whatever into the firm plastic rather the soft rubber hose which might not hold up too well.

TDiSi

I have a Mk4 Golf 110.

Can I not connect it using a T peice onto the inlet of the N75 boost control solenoid?

Thanks

S

TDiSi

Another thing, is there already a mounting location on the inlet that connects to the EGR control solenoid and to the air cleaner?

S

VelvetFoot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, Yellow
I don't believe you have pressurized air in those locations. The newer tdi's have a vacuum-controlled turbo, instead of pressure. The EGR is also controlled by vacuum.