H2O Cancelled!

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Imagine that! Ocean City finally said enough is enough. The organizers didn't have time to find alternate locations OH WELL, I went a few times years ago but it just gridlocked the Town and the stupidity of the Kids was nuts and it got worse in later years.....and the kids would get on VW Vortex or some VW web site and ***** about the Police and brag about their Lawlessness...

Last edited:

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
Not surprised at all. I thought about going last year but my roommate who had gone several years ago said that while the actual show at the campground was good the craziness in the surrounding area was stupid. I'll stick to Vagfair in York since it's just 25mins from my house.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
The problem is you take a nice area like Delmarva and then bring in idiots from NY, NJ, Philly, Balt, DC and the spoiled brats from their suburbs and it turns into a sh*t show.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
The problem is you take a nice area like Delmarva and then bring in idiots from NY, NJ, Philly, Balt, DC and the spoiled brats from their suburbs and it turns into a sh*t show.
So much this. Then add drugs, alcohol, and poor driver skill to the mix. From the looks of it online all the "stance bros" and "photographers" are still going to invade the city and cause mayhem.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Nothing new or unexpected.....I hope they locked them all up! The Muscle guys and the Classic car folks tend to act a fool also and some of their Shenanigans can be Crazy.....traffic related stuff....

Last edited:

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
Actually, have you ever gone to the biker shows? Or the classic car shows? NO different...except the perpetrators are old men instead. That island has nothing to offer except a place for these events. Apart from that, its a retirement community. The show has never been in ocean city. Its always off island. The cruises and the hotels and condos are all on ocean city. So the venue(which they somehow had issues with I assume) had absolutely zero to do with ocean city. The only thing thats going to change is that there is no official show...however, the cars folks are all still going...thousands of them....so nothing changed. Despite what some may feel is "justified". I ne longer go to the show either. Havent been in over two years. For the same reason I never go to biker or muscle car shows anymore....a bunch of idiotic drunks with a superiority complex..... This show was ok before...but the non VW guys started making it a mess, and rather than barring them from coming, they were allowed to continue their shenanigans....but take heart...in a few years they will be older...and they will be at all the biker and classic\muscle cars shows...where they will fit right in.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I heard the groups are planning on appearing anyway.....show or no show so they will be on the sites complaining about the Cops the following monday...

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
That is true...I think its ridiculous to drive a car that they know is non compliant...then complain about being pulled over and\or towed....Some folks just like attention I guess. Luckily...they arent all like that...many are modded, but tastefully enough to not cause an issue. And the local police are actually tolerant of a little hooning once in a while...its just when you get carried away that they get involved.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I love it when I see a low rider stuck on a speed bump. I once saw a Honda rip the rear bumper cover right off going over one in a parking lot.