2004 Jetta Wagon GLS TDI BEW 5 speed

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
I am selling my 04 Jetta Wagon TDI 5 speed GLS. It is a rust free Alabama car. Lived in Indiana for 3 years now. Still no rust. Two complete sets of wheels and tires.. Some spare parts. Currently has the roof rack removed but can reinstall easily. Car gets 39mpg average on every tank. Car has 268k miles on it and with recent maintenance is ready to run that many more.

Car just had 270k mile service done early including:
Timing Belt
Timing Belt Tensioner / Idler
Water Pump
Front Crank seal
Camshaft
Lifters
Injectors adjusted
Timing adjusted
Valve Cover Gasket
Oil Change
Fuel Filter
Diesel Purge ran thru it
Air Filter
Cabin Filter

Car has a newer set of Ceramic brake pads.. Leather steering wheel upgrade. One set of wheels are stock 15" wheels with Blizzak snow tires, other set are a set of VW Golf Arietta wheels 17" with good Continental all season tires. Car has an in line coolant heater and a radiator blockoff for the winter.. Runs great with recent work.

Selling car to pick up a TDI passat that I was recently offered. Little bigger to fit all 6'5" of me in there with my kids.

petger

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 6spd, 2010, Blue
I'm currently viewing on my tablet so pardon me if I missed it but I didn't find a price.

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
You sir are correct. I am asking 6000$. Having just put 1500 in parts on it I feel that this is a steal

petger

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 6spd, 2010, Blue
Agreed. That does sound like a good price!

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
Hitch is a custom unit built by me. It moves the hitch up a bit to look more factory. Suspension is just sedan springs in rear and GTI shock

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
Please everyone excuse the mess..

I have a pretty serious buyer from Pennsylvania that wants the car. I am going to take my time and detail it.. put clutch in it.. and put roof rack back on it.. Also will put in my new console arm rest (removed because I'm a big fella).. I didn't expect the car to catch this much attention but It seems it will be gone shortly.

I will allow those nearer to me to come get the car still. Cash in hand is more important than promises. Let the war for the wagon begin!!!

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @295K, 99 Jetta sedan 275k,. 2015 tdi sedan, 105k
Hitch is a custom unit built by me. It moves the hitch up a bit to look more factory. Suspension is just sedan springs in rear and GTI shock
can we get an upskirt? ;)

id love to see how you did it

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
Well I had a buyer lined up through the forums who chose to back out at the last minute, after requesting that I replace the clutch.. which I did.

So it now has a new clutch as well as all the other work.

Bump for a great car that I am completely not wanting to get rid of..

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Well I had a buyer lined up through the forums who chose to back out at the last minute, after requesting that I replace the clutch.. which I did.

So it now has a new clutch as well as all the other work.
That's $#!++y...

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
That's $#!++y...
Meh.. shizz happens.. said his father in law had his wife convinced that he'd be a fool to buy a car with this many miles.. not knowing these cars at all..

I understand.. I'd hate to have my wife up my chuff every day about a car..

Anyway.. It's good to go.. I have all the spare parts too.. (aside from stock wagon springs, can't find them)

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
can we get an upskirt? ;)

id love to see how you did it
Removed rear crash bar.. Had plates waterjetted to go where the old mounts went.. ran 1.5" square tubing up inside frame rails.. tube had nut welded inside of it.. drilled hole vertically thru frame and ran bolt up thru frame / nut for support.. OE bolts on plates.. Crash bar is replaced with 2" square tube.. and an Amazon Hitch and Oval ring are welded to that.. The bumper trimming was the hard part to get right..

It fits very well.. Looks stock.. and I can use my already existing trailer balls rather than having to buy all new ones.

I didn't take any pics during the process.. but it looks good and functions.. bit of a hastle to get the pin in and out but It is trimmed for that too..

Tell ya what.. come buy the car and you can reverse engineer the thing and sell them to the MASSES!!!!

ig109

Veteran Member
TDI
F
Bump.. Car has egr deleted.. stage 1 Malone Tune.. and roof rack reinstalled.. Good to roll with it's next owner

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
Just curious, who does the work on your car? I am in Indiana as well with an 04 TDI Jetta that needs some injector work and a timing belt. Any recommendations?