Thank you

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I'd like to send out a big thank you to the staff (Zippy_car, Radman, meganuke, mrchill, MrsChill, and TDIinRI), the advisor/planner from TDIFest 2006 (Hamsterdiesel), and IndigoBlueWagon for logistics and assistance with the new registration website.
The hard work and dedication by these people for the last 10 months with the support of the voluteers, sponsours, speakers and vendors enabled us to have a great TDIFest.

Thank you!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yes, thanks to everyone who helped make this an awesome Fest! This was certainly one of the best GTGs I've ever been to. :)

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
Thanks to everyone who worked so hard. I had a great time.

See you soon

Brian

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
Thank you all for such a great time! Amy even had a good time too...

I cant wait till the next one.

Andrew

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Yes ,thank you for the great time!!
Also thanks to Lawson and Harold for riding up with me and sharing in the the driving and expenses!:D

hec

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS 5-speed Reflex Silver
Thanks to Fred and all the staff for all their hard work.

Tom, thanks for taking your car. I wouldn't have gone otherwise,
and I'm really glad I went.

And ditto to Lawson, thanks for sharing the driving and expenses.

tomo366 said:
Yes ,thank you for the great time!!
Also thanks to Lawson and Harold for riding up with me and sharing in the the driving and expenses!:D

diy_fool

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 NB
Let me add my thanks to the list. I had a great time and even more important, my wife enjoyed the trip and meeting new friends at the event. So it looks like a green light for 2008!

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
A most enjoyable weekend !!!!

However, reading the above posts, I'm afraid that the Bored Housewives' Club may need to be renamed... possibly even my wife could be persuaded to attend next year...

Three Cheers for a job well done !!!!!!

Yuri.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Kristina and I had a blast. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for all of your hard work. We met a lot of great people and will definitely be at next years fest. A special thanks to Chris Hill (Mr. Chill) for diagnosing my cars overboost problem. The car ran great on the way home, and I got my best MPGs yet. 50.9 over 540 miles. WOW!!!! ;)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
ymz said:
A most enjoyable weekend !!!!

However, reading the above posts, I'm afraid that the Bored Housewives' Club may need to be renamed... possibly even my wife could be persuaded to attend next year...

Three Cheers for a job well done !!!!!!

Yuri.
That was mentioned about a month ago by another member. maybe something to consider for next year.

I'm glad to see so many saying they had a wonderful time. It was tremendously great being able to finally put faces to all those names (even the ones from Mass, Canada - Maryland, Canada, and Quebec USA) :rolleyes:. I look forward to seeing you all again at next years fest.. if not sooner!

Special thanks, again to Fred, Julie, and All the Fest staff. Without you, there would be no Fest! Job well done. It's been a pleasure working with you.

Now... where will next years fest be? :confused:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Harold and Tom, thanks for the company on the road! I certainly enjoyed the ride, dispite traffic and customs BS. ;)

Jason, thanks for the company at Fest. It was great to see you again.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Thank you so much to All who worked so much to make this TDI Fest a great experience. We are looking forward to next year's. Dean is thrilled that his car now runs correctly. We also saw some Montreal which was great fun. The T D I letters in the parking with us in the middle became my desktop screen - fun idea. Connecting a face to a name was fun.
What can I say - it was a fun weekend!
Kristina

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Approximately how many people/cars showed up overall?Even though I wasn't able to attend,I would like to thank everyone who made this possible for all of their tireless work.It's people like this that make this club a great resource for everyone involved w/ TDI's. Hopefully someone will take the reins for TDIFest 2008,and I'll be able to finally attend one.

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
tdidieselbobny said:
...I would like to thank everyone who made this possible for all of their tireless work.It's people like this that make this club a great resource for everyone involved w/ TDI's. Hopefully someone will take the reins for TDIFest 2008...
I can assure you...they were quite tired!:eek:

tdidieselbobny said:
...It's people like this that make this club a great resource for everyone involved w/ TDI's...
Never a more true statement uttered...it honestly comes down to the people that plan and run this event. If they don't do the work, nobody gets to enjoy a TDIFest.

tdidieselbobny said:
...Hopefully someone will take the reins for TDIFest 2008...
Indeed...

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I had a great time too. It felt short this time though. It maybe had to do with having gotten to know so many people. There's not enough time to spend with everyone to connect properly.

And then there was going into Montreal TWICE - what a city. I love it there - the old french part in particular. It's funny how the French language did not get in the way, and it was like going to Europe by just hopping the fence from New England.

Thanks everyone who helped put this shindig on. You really helped to put on a great show. The scavenger hunt was great. As was the slow road course! Sorry I missed the technical talks, but I did the breakfast ones and it was GREAT to see VW has now figured out that we are worth their attention. Great to see the '08 Jetta with the new piezo injection under the hood.

Can't wait for TDIfest in '08 - where?

~BeetleGo

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
BG: Yes, for some reason this fest did seem shorter... So many new and old friends to spend time with now :)

-J

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
It was a great weekend--I was tired until Wednesday. Thanks everyone for all the hard work, and I think things came off really well. I'm game to go wherever the one in '08 is..George and I are discussing shipping versus driving a TDI to the west coast. Is that allowed?

ride4miles

TDI
99 beetle
thanks! merci!

Just wanted to say thanks to the staff for all the hard work going into the tdi fest montreal. It was my first time at the fest and my girlfriend and myself had a great time. It was great to learn some more info on the tdi's ,as i still have a lot to learn! Thanks to those who answered my silly questions at the fest.
I also appreciate the great raffle prizes i won, oil change and filter, also the smog .2o5 nozzles, looking forward to getting them installed soon! And my scavenger hunt trophy for first place wooohooo! For those who didn't participate i reccomend it for the next fest it was fun!
I have 1 suggestion for the next fest, advertise in the local papers on that friday and saturday, should increase the turnout, more exposure, and better for the vendors!
thx again everyone
cliff & yvette
p.s oh ya I won 5 gallons of bio diesel also! lol:D

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
ride4miles said:
I have 1 suggestion for the next fest, advertise in the local papers on that friday and saturday, should increase the turnout, more exposure, and better for the vendors!
The fests were begun as a means to raise desperately needed funds to allow the continuation of the free aspect of TDIClub.com.
What to charge for a gate admission to a public parking lot or hotel? How to estimate the number of prople that may or may not show for a speaker presentation? Will the kitchen staff be able to instantly increase the number of servings for an influx of hungry mouths?
The car show is miniscule by typical VW car show standards. Other than inviting the public to this one event, to what else could they be invited?
This issue has been debated previously at earlier fests. (search for: 'fascism at the fest' for one such debate.) No clear direction or policy has yet been decided on how to increase awareness AND increase fund raising.

ride4miles

TDI
99 beetle
[
The car show is miniscule by typical VW car show standards. Other than inviting the public to this one event, to what else could they be invited?

Invite them to join the tdiclub , the fest is a great place to get more members,there were thousands of other tdi owners in mtl
that did not know about the fest, that could be alot of new members.
it's not so much the general public we want as just other tdi owners!:cool: