Car Wash Facility

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Yes there is. Radman may be able to comment further on it's where abouts with regard to the hotel, but i know it's not far.

We've also been able to get 1 hose from the hotel so members can make their ride shine! It's not much, but it might help.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Yes Steves hand car wash has offerd us a group rate of $9.95 for inside and out cleaning. Great price as regular is $15.95. They are down the street from Hotel. Just say you are with TDI Club to get that price. And be driving a TDI of course!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Is there a place were WE can do the washing or a touchless place? I would rather not have someone else wash my car. But I will more then likely use the hose at the hotel to wash my car.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
There are no local places where you can wash yourself unfortunatley.

black_and_chrome

Veteran Member
TDI
Black Jetta 2005
Good price Radman! We all know the place as Steve's, but I believe the name is now Brian's... On St. Jean at the corner of Shakespeare Rd./Roger Pilon Blvd.(the street changes names at that intersection.)?

There is a "non-contact" machine at the Shell station about half way to the hand wash on Blvd St Jean. In my opinion the best machine wash in town. If you do not like Shell, there is an Esso (Exon for Americans) right across the street.

I am local and I have a decent pressure washer that I could bring to the site if they give us access to the hose... But you will all have to wait until I am finished...lol
:cool:

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
What's a "car wash facility" ???? (As anyone who's seen my car knows, I have no idea of the concept...)

I used to have the belief that if I never washed my car it would never be stolen... (I was proved wrong in 1991...)

Historically, since cars tended to rot out in about 7 years here in Quebec (due to the high levels of salt used in winter), cars were considered to be tools with a finite lifespan rather than long-term investments. That's changed a bit of late, but some of us old geezers still see them as objects that degrade rather rapidly... (especially those of us who drive more than 55,000 miles / year...)

Yuri.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
a four way splitter has been purchased for this oocassion to help provide an outlet for more hoses. I can't guarantee any water pressure with that many hoses on one spiket, but it's an option! trying to make sure everyone's cah's ah' shiny fo-ah the judgin'

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
do you have four hoses to go with the spliter? Also will you be in your bikini washin cars? :-D

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
jettafock said:
do you have four hoses to go with the spliter? Also will you be in your bikini washin cars? :-D

@Q#$%@%^!
Damn it! I knew I forgot something.. I seriously forgot my bathing suit! Damn it! :mad: oh well.. no pool or ht tub for me. :(

4 hoses.. as of now, we're confirmed for 2. but we have the option! and you can shut off the vavles.. it's spiffy!

*goes away cursing that she forgot her bathing suit!*

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
tomo366 said:
Keep Dreaming........:rolleyes:
Wow, was that some dream last night. I was washing my car and Zippy walked out to help wearing........... Nothing wrong with dreaming tomo. Ive had dreams come true before.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
So how many of you actually went to the car wash I recommended? I think most of you washed on site.

Diesel4me

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta/2000/Black
Radman said:
So how many of you actually went to the car wash I recommended? I think most of you washed on site.
Radman,
Was the car wash special just for the fest or is it good all year long? Sorry I couldn't make it and I am sure it was a blast.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
jettafock said:
Wow, was that some dream last night. I was washing my car and Zippy walked out to help wearing...........
... Black capri pants, and a bright green Fest Staff T-shirt, wondering where the hell the other 2 hoses were!! :eek:

gotta love those popped dream bubbles. :eek: