Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Faster

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
hello everyone!

As part of TDIFest 2007 we're offering a movie night for those who are looking for something to do that is local to the hotel. The movie will be shown at the hotel itself from 9pm until finish on that Saturday. now, the question is....

"What do you want to see?"

Let the votes be cast and the majority rules.
Please feel free to voice other suggestions as you see fit and we'll take those into consideration. The poll is just a small list that the Fest committee members came up with.

let the debates begin!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I suggest the Top Gear episode where they try to drive a Toyoto Diesel pickup truck to the North Pole and race a dog sled team. Fitting in my opinion since we all live in Igloos up here and it has diesel content. ;)

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
More of the "we all live in Igloos up here" comment. For all I know some people in the US could actually think that :eek:

-J

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
VW Derf said:
I suggest the Top Gear episode where they try to drive a Toyoto Diesel pickup truck to the North Pole and race a dog sled team. Fitting in my opinion since we all live in Igloos up here and it has diesel content. ;)
Bring it, bring it!!:D

I notice it's not in the poll...:(

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I thought the Fest was about meeting other forum members. I can always watch a movie at home! Too bad none of you have put Taxi 2 (French movie) in there as a choice if you gotta have a flick! Willing to bet almost none of you have seen it but it requires a region-free DVD player to view it.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
CoolWht said:
I thought the Fest was about meeting other forum members. I can always watch a movie at home! Too bad none of you have put Taxi 2 (French movie) in there as a choice if you gotta have a flick! Willing to bet almost none of you have seen it but it requires a region-free DVD player to view it.
CoolWht, it's still about meeting other forum members, but for those still interested or those who have lost their voices it is an option. As for titles, post 'em and we'll see what we end up with!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
So far it looks like the montage of VW rally vids is in the lead for polling! We'll see what we can put together and keep other things in mind for alternate viewing.

Thanks folks

VictrolaJazz

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 New Beetle GL 5-Spd Sunset Orange
I don't live in that region at all and will, of course, not be at the GTG, but let me recommend a movie I rented recently and had never heard of before. It's The Edukators (sic)--made I think in the late 90's in Germany about three anarchists, two guys and a girl in their early 20s, pining for the glory days of '68 and the revolution. They're seen frequently riding in a blue VW diesel Vanagon from whenever those vehicles were made. My copy had sub-titles but the story itself is compelling and of course the vehicle of use makes it just that more interesting.

EMS

Veteran Member
VW Derf said:
That's not the same Toytoa they tried kissing on several occasions, is it?

I've got the first 7 seasons of Top Gear if anyones interested..

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
EMS said:
That's not the same Toytoa they tried kissing on several occasions, is it?

I've got the first 7 seasons of Top Gear if anyones interested..
Nope. Brand new and outfitted for cold weather / harsh conditions. If it came to the states Cummins, 'Power Stroke', and 'Duramax' would have some stiff competition.