TDIFest 2007, Montreal, REGISTRATION Thread

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Well guess what, i finally registered. Who do I send the check to now and what exchange rate are you going by? XE.com has it at .9478. See you guys up there. Now I just have to find a room mate. Zippy you have any openings in your room? :D

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
jettafock said:
Well guess what, i finally registered. Who do I send the check to now and what exchange rate are you going by? XE.com has it at .9478. See you guys up there. Now I just have to find a room mate. Zippy you have any openings in your room? :D
LOL - sorry, fockle being a member of the Fest staff has its perks - I get my own executive suite to share with 3 other men and another chick! ;) Looks like you're on your own this time.

Please make checks payable to Shalon Fraser.
And send them to:
22100 Garratt Dr
Richmond V6V2P4
British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for the continued support folks.

I'd also like to make a random announcment: STANADYNE and ELF will be doing presentations at our Saturday Speaker's Breakfast! So, please come and join us!!

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Zippy_car said:
Please make checks payable to Shalon Fraser.
And send them to:
22100 Garratt Dr
Richmond V6V2P4
British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for the continued support folks.
And to add one thing for those of us who do not have paypal accounts (I know, old school here): I went to the post office and got an international money order in Canadian dollars. It only costs a few extra dollars to do this and there are no currancy conversion issues on the Canadian side. This makes it easier for the Canucks to collect Yankee money.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
BKmetz said:
And to add one thing for those of us who do not have paypal accounts (I know, old school here): I went to the post office and got an international money order in Canadian dollars. It only costs a few extra dollars to do this and there are no currancy conversion issues on the Canadian side. This makes it easier for the Canucks to collect Yankee money.

excellent pointer, thanks brain! We recieved a couple money orders and they've worked out just fine. We will gladly accept those as well. Thank you! :)

Keep checking the registration website. Mayne new updates on events are coming! You can add onto your account any new events you'd like to attend! :D

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
So is there a list of items that will be auctioned off this year at the banquet yet?

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
jettafock said:
So is there a list of items that will be auctioned off this year at the banquet yet?
we have several items to be auctioned off this year. a solid list has been made and is still being updated as we speak! lots of things to look forward too. i will consult the donations master and see if we can post up a teaser for ya.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Since this is the REGISTRATION thread think this is the best spot to ask:

Is it true registration on-site ends at 8pm Friday evening?

At the past four Fests I've attended it didn't close until later. I only bring this up as I doubt that I will arrive until the 8-9pm timeframe on Friday. I may be out all day Saturday doing non-Fest stuff (as in gone before 8am so can't register on that day as a result) and no registration hours are listed for Sunday. And before you ask, yes I'm pre-registered/paid up so this is more of a pick up the name badge/t-shirt deal. ;)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
CoolWht said:
Since this is the REGISTRATION thread think this is the best spot to ask:

Is it true registration on-site ends at 8pm Friday evening?

At the past four Fests I've attended it didn't close until later. I only bring this up as I doubt that I will arrive until the 8-9pm timeframe on Friday. I may be out all day Saturday doing non-Fest stuff (as in gone before 8am so can't register on that day as a result) and no registration hours are listed for Sunday. And before you ask, yes I'm pre-registered/paid up so this is more of a pick up the name badge/t-shirt deal. ;)
it is true that registration check-in ends at 8pm on Friday and opens up again on saturday. We've restricted the number of hours that registration check-in will be open this year, due to the fact that the staff also has other responsibilities in terms of running other events as well and will not be able to spend ALL day checking people in. On Sunday the hope that most people will already be checked in for the events they're participating in and therefore will not require registration assistance. Again, at this time the staff will be in charge of leading other Fest related events. So if you are attending TDIFest 2007 make sure that you check-in during the allotted times so that you can attend these events! :) If you are planning on arriving late or after check-in times, special arrangements may be made available for you to pick up your items. Please contact us ahead of time so that we know to put your T-shirts and name tags aside for late pick-up appointments.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I can certainly understand needing to limit the hours the Fest staff can provide for various activities such as registration. Thanks for your quick clear explaination to my inquiry. :)

(PM to be sent to you very soon!)

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Zippy, 15 minutes ago wifey decided she wants to go. I sent you a PM.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
ok everyone,
time is of the essence for registration! only a little over a week left until fest! just a few items to be mentioned as fair warning for those latecomers:

1. from this point on Fest T-shirts are on a limited supply only, meaning that if you are registering now, you will not be guaranteed a shirt with your order. if, during registration check-in we still have shirts left over in the size of your choice, then you will receive one - but again it is not guaranteed. So, still be sure to choose the size shirt you would like just in case we are able to accomidate your order.

2. onsite registration is being accepted, however onsite registration does not include the option for attending meal based events such as the meet-n-greet, saturday speakers breakfast, and sunday nights banquet. so be sure to register now if you want to attend those events!

3. mail-in check are no longer being accepted as payment, as they will not be received in time for fest. Cash is the only acceptable payment for onsite registration - local ATM is located across the street from the hotel for on-site registration.

if there are any questions, as always please feel free to PM me or send an email to tdifest@tdiclub.com

i hope to see more of you there! :)

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
ok folks, i caught up on triple checking everyone's orders and profiles to make sure everything is in order and there are MANY that are missing orders. I'm in the process of sending out emails to those whose orders are missing. Please respond ASAP so we can make sure everything is in order for Fest time. Most of you will be able to follow the instructions posted about, and reiterated in the email. If you have any questions at all, PLEASE contact me so we can get them answered and get you ready to have a awesome time at fest.

my goal for check-in is to have everyone in and out as efficiently, quickly, and accurately as possible, so that no one has to wait in line for an extended period of time, and spend less time discussing diesel fun-stuff! :) Let's make this happen by making sure everyone's orders are in! :D

Thanks to everyone who's registered and their patience in using/trying out our new website processing.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
OK - so it looks like we've sold all out of TDIFest 2007 t-shirts! Those who have ordered a Fest shirt and do not recieve one will, will have the option of recieving the 10 year Anniversary T-shirts in place of the fest shirt. Those who registered or ordered a shirt early will be guaranteed a shirt, those registering later will not be guaranteed. You will recieve all t-shirts upon check in for registration at tdifest.

a note to all who may not know: 10 year anniversary shirts were made to celebrate 10 years of tdiclub! all proceeds go back to TDIClub. They come in black or white, men's or womens styles, in all sizes up to XXXL, long and short sleeve. with all of the fest logos from years past on them (excluding this years). They will also be for sale at TDIFest this year, for those who may want one.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Zippy_car said:
2. onsite registration is being accepted, however onsite registration does not include the option for attending meal based events such as the meet-n-greet, saturday speakers breakfast, and sunday nights banquet. so be sure to register now if you want to attend those events!
Uh Oh. I am still not 100% sure about my timeline. Even though I am registered, I am not sure when I will make it t Montreal. I hope to be able to make it there for the Sunday banquet, but can't guarantee it. If I can't pay for the banquet at time of check-in, can I pay for it up front, and get a refund if I can't make it???

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Wingnut said:
Uh Oh. I am still not 100% sure about my timeline. Even though I am registered, I am not sure when I will make it t Montreal. I hope to be able to make it there for the Sunday banquet, but can't guarantee it. If I can't pay for the banquet at time of check-in, can I pay for it up front, and get a refund if I can't make it???
at this point, once you've ordered a meal and paid for it, i can not guarantee you a refund, as then we're loosing money on a meal not paid for. our budget is really tight. I'm sorry. but i'll have to say no on this one. :eek:

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
PS, we'll also need to know the final numbers for the Sunday meal by Friday at the latest. Please order it by then if you can.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I will register at midnight tonight (EDT), when my direct deposit hits my bank account. Sorry for being so late. :eek:

T minus 13.5 hours and counting until we hit the road. :D

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
VeeDubTDI said:
I will register at midnight tonight (EDT), when my direct deposit hits my bank account. Sorry for being so late. :eek:

T minus 13.5 hours and counting until we hit the road. :D
FAIL!

:p :D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yeah yeah, I know. I fail. However, I'll be attending my 3rd Fest this weekend, and the first one in 5 years! WINNAR! ;)