TDIFest 2007, Montreal, REGISTRATION Thread

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Hello Everyone!

Join us in celebrating the long awaited, and newly renovated, registration website for TDIFest 2007, taking place in Montreal, Canada August 31-Sept. 2. This website has everything you ever wanted to know about TDIFest 2007! Be aware that it is still under construction and that new information is being added constantly. So be sure to check out what's new on with TDIFest regularly, so you can stay up to date on the latest news and events!

The registration site is offered in both English and French, since those are the two predominant languages of the area where the fest is taking place. Unfortunately, right now only the English version is available, but the French translations are on their way. To choose a language, please select the corresponding flag on the right hand side of the screen. This will provide you with the site in your prefered language.

To Register please go to: http://tdiclub.com/tdifest/

Included for your reading and informational enjoyment are the following instructions on how to register. Please read through the instructions thoroughly so as to avoid mistakes and possible problems with your order:

Start by going to http://www.tdiclub.com/tdifest and clicking on "Register for TDIFest" on the left side of your screen. This will bring up a shopping cart and list of 'products'. Click on each item to read the description. Check mark and 'Add to Cart' all 'products' you wish to purchase. The registration item also includes a drop down menu where you need to indicate the size needed for your free tee shirt. Don't forget to do this! The free tee shirt offer will expire later on in the summer, so register NOW!

Once you have everything in your 'Shopping Cart,' click Check Out. The next screen will give you the option to .Create a New Account or . Sign in for Returning Customers . Follow the instructions to create an account if this is your first time using the registration website. You will be given an opportunity to verify +/- change your order before completing the check out process. If you need to change your order at a later date, use the Sign in for Returning Customers.

Once signed in, if you don’t see your shopping cart, click on the “TDIFest Shopping Cart link on the left menu”. At this point you can click the “Checkout” button which is making your order/purchase. The next screen you will get is about shipping. Since your on your own to make it to TDIFest, there are no options other than a comments box. Please enter the names of any guest name tags you may require, then click continue.

The next screen gives you the option to select your payment type: PayPal (service fee applies) or by mailing a cheque. Click the “Continue” button to proceed.

The next screen is a confirmation screen of what your order will be. If you are satisfied, click “Confirm Order”. PayPal users, please note: Once you have gone through the PayPal part of the registration, MAKE SURE YOU CLICK THE “Return to Merchant” button. If you don’t do that there may be a problem with your order.

Once you have followed these steps successfully you will get a confirmation email confirming your order. If mailing a cheque, please print this email out and include it with your cheque. Make checks payable to Shalon Fraser, then drop it in the mail to the listed address on the webpage.

We hope that you will all join us in this year's annual celebration! See you in Montreal!!! :D

Please make checks payable to Shalon Fraser.
And send them to:
22100 Garratt Dr
Richmond V6V2P4
British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for the continued support folks.

I'd also like to make a random announcment: STANADYNE and ELF will be doing presentations at our Saturday Speaker's Breakfast! So, please come and join us!!

Be sure to check the registration website to check out some of the other FREE activites we have going on, such as the Scavenger Hunt, the Driving Skill course, and the Technical Sessions!

UPDATE: (8/20/07)
ok everyone,
time is of the essence for registration! only a little over a week left until fest! just a few items to be mentioned as fair warning for those latecomers:

1. from this point on Fest T-shirts are on a limited supply only, meaning that if you are registering now, you will not be guaranteed a shirt with your order. if, during registration check-in we still have shirts left over in the size of your choice, then you will receive one - but again it is not guaranteed. So, still be sure to choose the size shirt you would like just in case we are able to accomidate your order.

2. onsite registration is being accepted, however onsite registration does not include the option for attending meal based events such as the meet-n-greet, saturday speakers breakfast, and sunday nights banquet. so be sure to register now if you want to attend those events!

3. . mail-in check are no longer being accepted as payment, as they will not be received in time for fest. Cash is the only acceptable payment for onsite registration - local ATM is located across the street from the hotel for on-site registration.

if there are any questions, as always please feel free to PM me or send an email to tdifest@tdiclub.com

i hope to see more of you there! :)

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
paramedick said:
Zip, see your PM for a problem found.
saw the pm, responded. We do indeed have a children's menu option under the events section - same place you can order your other meals. :) thanks for pointing it out.

please continue to provide feedback, it can only be improved to become more user friendly. :)

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
tomo366 said:
After all the Bit*hing I did only 10 non-organizers have signed up.......
Come on folks don't wait until the last minute!!
I know, I know..:p

At least for me it's coordinating with my travel partners who are two states away and 600 miles. And his wife....

Jason

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
SilverGhost said:
I know, I know..:p

At least for me it's coordinating with my travel partners who are two states away and 600 miles. And his wife....

Jason
thanks for the bump tomo! Step right up folks... sign up for TDIFest 2007! We look foward to seeing you there! :D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Count me in! I have no monies at the moment, so I'll have to officially register later.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
korndawg said:
be there or square=)
Kevin, good to see you online! Welcome to the club! See you at the Fest.

Keep it comin' folks! Remember your registration money goes pay for all the events we have planned for you, and any extra donations we recieve go back to Fred to help make this site even better - and it helps the Fest be even more awesome for next year! (is that proper english? lol ;))

Last edited:

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I am registered, but not 100% sure I can make it yet. I still wanted to register at least to support the club. If I am able to make it, can I purchase the extras on site, like the banquet & breakfast events? I know you would prefer up front payment for those things so you can plan accordingly, but I don't want to pay for them unless I am sure I can make it.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I might have to skip the Saturday morning breakfast. I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot of partying on Friday night. :D

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Golf GLS (PD) - Indigo Blue
VeeDubTDI said:
I might have to skip the Saturday morning breakfast. I have a feeling that there's going to be a lot of partying on Friday night. :D
:D :D :D

Rue de St. Catherine anyone?

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Boys, saturday night is the bigger party night in MTL. You can make the breakfast on Sat.

Yes, blue, Rue St. Catherines, for sure. I recommend that you stick to Rue St. Catherines between Beaudry and Papineau to find the type of establishments to suit your tastes. I can recommend a few! ;-P

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
outstanding.. :D

yeah, i registered for the saturday morning breakfast.. who needs sleep anyway?

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
BlueCTTDi said:
outstanding.. :D

yeah, i registered for the saturday morning breakfast.. who needs sleep anyway?
for many committee members, sleep is aluxury we acan't afford. only 2 days until registration costs increase! get in while you can!:D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
Two Thumbs Up!

Wingnut said:
I am registered, but not 100% sure I can make it yet. I still wanted to register at least to support the club.
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!:cool:

We need more folks like Wingnut to step up in this fashion!

Even if you can't go to the Fest, you can support our beloved website by registering and 'donating' your registration fee.

Remember folks, it takes funds to keep this website running, and your donations to keep it AD FREE!

Last edited:

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Hamsterdiesel said:
THAT'S THE SPIRIT!:cool:

We need more folks like Wingnut to step up in this fashion!

Even if you can't go to the Fest, you can support our beloved website by registering and 'donating' your registration fee.

Remember folks, it takes funds to keep this website running, and your donations to keep it AD FREE!
here here! :D

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Just registered! I guess $30 was up to but not including the 15th but it's a good cause so it's all good. :) 77 more sleeps until tdifest.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
mtltdi said:
Just registered! I guess $30 was up to but not including the 15th but it's a good cause so it's all good. :) 77 more sleeps until tdifest.
Or as my daughter says: 77 more dodo's

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
mtltdi said:
there was a gliche in the system that was fixed. Those of you that registered on the 15th. 16th or 17th will be recieving a $10 refund from the fest to correct the error. Sorry about the mix up. thank for your understanding. :)

Fest is fast arriving, get your registrations in while you can, folks. Remeber your registration fee helps us bring cool things to you! :D

BlueCTTDi

Veteran Member
TDI
Have you had a chance to PM Zippy, Jason? When I registered my name showed up instantly on the webpage - there shouldn't be any lag at all..

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
compu_85 said:
Ok. I'll send her a PM.
PM recieved and responded. There seems to be an minor error in a couple of the forms. I'm cross checking paypal, customer, and order forms right now to make sure everyone is all set and we can get the errors cleared. Thanks for the PM Jason.

Anyone - if you've registered but have not recieved any confirmation or your name is not on the websites list, please feel free to email tdifest@tdiclub.com or PM me, i'll get back to you as soon as i can. We're trying to make sure our new format is as bug free as possible to make it easier for all of our members!

Thanks! Looking forward to seeing you all there! Keep them coming! :D