Hotel Room Rate and Booking Info!

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
We have negotiated a special room rate with the Holiday Inn Pointe-Claire for TDI Club members coming to TDI Fest 2007. The special rate is available now and we recommend that you book early to get you room preference! Please contact me if there are any questions, concerns, or problems. After you've made your reservation, please post onto this thread!

Hotel Info:

Holiday Inn Pointe-Claire (Montreal-Aeroport)
6700 Trans Canada Hwy
Pointe Claire, QC H9R 1C2

Reservation Procedure:

Reservations can be made by contacting the Holiday Inn Pointe-Claire Reservations Department directly at (514) 697-7110 or toll free from Canada and the US at (800) 375-2680. Callers must mention the group name TDI CLUB to ensure that they receive the appropriate rate and are included in TDI Club's guest room block. Any special requests such as a rollaway bed, handicap room, etc. will have to be specified upon reservation. All reservations are to be guaranteed by a major credit card or a cash/cheque deposit in the amount of the first night’s stay.

Cancellation policy:

Any reservation cancelled LESS THAN 24 hours prior to the arrival date will be charged the cost of the room for the first night’s stay. This will be billed to the credit card on file (taken at time of reservation) or through forfeiture of the cash/cheque deposit given at time of reservation.

Room Types and Rates:

PLEASE NOTE ALL RATES ARE IN CANADIAN DOLLARS!! Taxes are NOT included in the quoted rates.

Standard Room:

-Your choice of 2 double beds or 1 King size bed
-Hair dyer
-Complimentary coffee and tea
-Work table and data port
-Black out drapes
-Personalised voice mail
-Free High Speed Internet

Rate: $99 per night single or double occupancy. Each addition adult person (aged 18+) in a standard room (if double occupancy is exceeded) is charged at a rate of $20 per person per night.

Executive Room:

-Superior guest room with ONE King size bed
Same amenities as standard room PLUS:
-Brand Name Amenities (Soaps, shampoos, etc.)
-Complementary newspaper delivered daily to your room
-Turn down service
-Terrycloth bathrobe and bath sheet
-Bottled water and deluxe chocolate
-Pillow menu
-Deluxe complimentary buffet breakfast**
-Complimentary cocktail at the bar

Rate: $119 per night single occupancy. Double occupancy is an additional $10 per night.
**Please note: TDI Club is going to be having a speaker’s breakfast buffet Saturday morning which you might like to attend which would be at an additional cost of CAD $18 per person!!

Suites:

Suites with 2 bedrooms and a parlor are available. In the Suites there is one bedroom with a King size bed and one bedroom with two double bed. Breakfast is not included with suites.

Rate: $350 per night

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Can reservations be made online with the Fest discount? I ask as I have a hearing impairment so can't use the phone.

Phoenix42

Veteran Member
TDI
'08 Mazda3 Hatch
Based on todays exchange rate of:
1 USD = 1.17004 CAD
The room rates are:
99.00 CAD = 84.6095 USD
119.00 CAD = 101.709 USD
350.00 CAD = 299.124 USD

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Unfortunately, the hotel cannot make the special pricing available via the net. If this is an issue for anyone, please PM me!

CoolWht, please check your pm.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
I'm windering what the smoking/anti-smoking climate is like in Canada?
In this thread 'cuz - can you smoke in your room or not?

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
More hotel info

kharmin said:
I'm windering what the smoking/anti-smoking climate is like in Canada?
In this thread 'cuz - can you smoke in your room or not?
For what it's worth it looks like they have a very limited number of smoking room. below is from their web site.

Facility
  • Hotel renovated in 2001
  • 15 Floor(s)
  • 308 Guest Room(s)
  • 4 Suite(s)
  • 92 Single-Bedded Room(s)
  • 213 Double-Bedded Room(s)
  • 284 Non-Smoking Room(s)
  • Interior Corridor
  • Executive Suites
  • Executive Floors

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
Taxes in Montreal

Leo819 said:
What are the taxes/surcharges associated with the rate?
I did some research on this and here is what I found

Aside from basic groceries, most goods and services have a 7.5% Québec sales tax (QST) as well as a 6% goods and services tax (GST), which also applies everywhere else in Canada. The GST is calculated on the price including the QST, which means it also effectively comes to around 6.5%. These taxes are never included in the prices displayed. It is wise to play it safe and count an extra 15% when you are planning your purchases.

If you are a visitor to Canada, you can get almost all of your taxes back. Hotels will usually not inform you of this, but look around for the tax refund slip. You can get money back for things purchased in Canada, except food and alcohol. This is very nice if you spent $1200 for a hotel room. You will get all the taxes back. You can redeem your money at any Hors Taxes,'Duty Free' shops on many of the Canadian American borders.

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
Room rates plus taxes

Phoenix42 said:
Based on todays exchange rate of:
1 USD = 1.17004 CAD
The room rates are:
99.00 CAD = 84.6095 USD
119.00 CAD = 101.709 USD
350.00 CAD = 299.124 USD

Aside from basic groceries, most goods and services have a 7.5% Québec sales tax (QST) as well as a 6% goods and services tax (GST), which also applies everywhere else in Canada. The GST is calculated on the price including the QST, which means it also effectively comes to around 6.5%. These taxes are never included in the prices displayed. It is wise to play it safe and count an extra 15% when you are planning your purchases.

So using the room prices that Phoenix42 provided plus the tax rates and current exchange rates we are looking at:

113.85 CAD = 97.3332 USD
136.85 CAD = 117.012 USD
402.50 CAD = 344.107 USD

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
All taxes and surcharges add up to approximately 17% broken down as follows:
3% Montreal hotel tax
6% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
7.5% PST (Provincial Sales Tax)

The French names and abbreviations that you might see for these taxes are as follows:
GST=TPS (Taxe des Produits et Services)
PST=TVQ (Taxe de vente du Quebec)

dieselrox

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI, Pkg 2
FYI -- I called to make reservations but the hotel said they don't have the group rate in the system yet. There's plenty of time, of course, but I thought ya'll might want to be aware of this.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I have just contacted the hotel and it seems that they are having an issue with their reservations computer. My hotel contact told me it should be resolved by Thursday at latest. She is going to call me when this snafu is corrected and I will post here as soon as I hear from her.

We appologise if this has caused anyone any inconvenience.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
TeDeEye1 said:
If you are a visitor to Canada, you can get almost all of your taxes back. Hotels will usually not inform you of this, but look around for the tax refund slip. You can get money back for things purchased in Canada, except food and alcohol. This is very nice if you spent $1200 for a hotel room. You will get all the taxes back. You can redeem your money at any Hors Taxes,'Duty Free' shops on many of the Canadian American borders.
I regret to inform that this unfortunately will not apply to anyone going to the Fest. The Canadian government is going to end the GST rebate programme as of 1st of April, 2007. :mad:

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
Ouch!!!!!

TDIinRI said:
I regret to inform that this unfortunately will not apply to anyone going to the Fest. The Canadian government is going to end the GST rebate programme as of 1st of April, 2007. :mad:
Ouch!!!!!

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
Hotel tax

TDIinRI said:
All taxes and surcharges add up to approximately 17% broken down as follows:
3% Montreal hotel tax
6% GST (Goods and Services Tax)
7.5% PST (Provincial Sales Tax)

The French names and abbreviations that you might see for these taxes are as follows:
GST=TPS (Taxe des Produits et Services)
PST=TVQ (Taxe de vente du Quebec)

Thanks, I didn't see that one listed

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
The hotel's registration is fixed and our group rate is available. So, make your reservations! And please post here once you have reserved!

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
tdi fest 07 post

as tdiinri requested a response of tdi fest hotel reservations - dean & i made them today.
kristina

Peoria_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
I will likely be making a reservation in the upcoming week. If anyone would like to share a room, let me know.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Peoria_TDI said:
I will likely be making a reservation in the upcoming week. If anyone would like to share a room, let me know.
I'm in for not sleeping in a tent. :eek: A couple of us had this crazy idea to reserve a camp site and split the bill. I'm thinking some fun bonfire stories for the next day or here online. Didn't work out so well with the rain or the longish drive up the penna pike.

I'll fork out my share for a room. Let me know details?

Jason

Last edited:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Unfortunately the closest camping is at least 1/2 hour away from the Hotel for those considering camping. I will get more info on camping if there is interest.

Last edited:

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Reservation made. Double non-smoking. Maybe I'll quit by them.

The only smoking rooms are with king beds. No exception per reservations.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Booked

I just booked our room for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

PeterV & Hamsterdiesel........................OK OK Tomo also....:D

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
ohh wow, thanks for letting us know. THe hotel said this was not possible. This should make life easier for some. HOWEVER, I reccomend that you get a confirmation number and verify your reservation with the hotel!! I only say this as they told us it was not possible with their system!

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
TDIinRI said:
ohh wow, thanks for letting us know. THe hotel said this was not possible. This should make life easier for some. HOWEVER, I reccomend that you get a confirmation number and verify your reservation with the hotel!! I only say this as they told us it was not possible with their system!
It makes booking easier for some people, but I still call to confirm reservations anytime I book hotels online. Same for airlines and such. Their price structures are so complicated that errors are bound to be made. Better to double check with a live person. AND GET A NAME!! First thing they ask if something goes arye is "who did you talk to?".

Cheers, and happy 'festing,

Jason