Want to help out at the Fest?? Fest Volunteer Thread.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
Ok Everyone,
We've been getting some interest in having people help out with various activities. So, in response to this we would like to say WELCOME. We welcome any help we can get. We are planning many activities which will require the use of volunteers to help keep things organized, running, and flowing smoothly. The list of activities is yet to be finalized. But we would just like to get an idea of how many people are willing to help us run some events.

This is not a sponsorship or vendor thread (you will be contacted seperately soon enough, thank you for your help in that area). This is just for working bodies. We 10 committee orgnizers can not do it on our own, therefore we are relying on others from the site to help us out.
Please know that we appreciate any and all assistance that you can provide for us.

UPDATE:
Ok folks here's the list of things we'll be needing some volunteer help for:
Scavenger Hunt Event - manning different stations and locations throughout the Scavenger Hunt Course, possibily handing out goodies to contestants.
Driving Skills Course - need judges, people to help set up cones, and do the scoring.
Technical Assistants - people to help set up laptops, projectors, tables, and get them running for events such as the speakers breakfast and Sunday Banquet.
Event Assistants - People to help the leads check people's badges at meal events, and answer questions.
General Volunteer - we'll beed Go-For's, people filling bags, helping direct people and answer questions, posting signage, etc.

More to come. But if you'd like to help out with any of these areas, please let us know. We need your help to make this run as smoothly as possible.
Husbands if you have wives you'd like to bring along, but they don't want to be bored while you do the Car Thing - ask them if they'd like to get involved and volunteer. Wives if you have Husbands who you'd like to bring under the same conditions, please do so. Partners, if you have a partner you'd like to bring - by all means, let them join and help out if they'd like. There's all sorts of opportunity for happiness all around! :D
~ TDIFest Organizing committee

UPDATE:
for those who are looking at the schedule of what needs to be filled in and where they are scheduled, please see the following:

What’s Happening Schedule - Volunteers

Friday
Registration - Meet Shalon, Lai, Steve
Trainnon Foyer
12:00pm – 8pm
Lisa, Albert

Saturday:

Registration
Trianon Foyer - Meet Shalon, Lai, Steve
8:00am-12:00pm
Lisa, Albert

Sunday:

Scavenger Hunt

Hotel Parking Lot - meet Ketih
10:00am-12:00pm
Terry

Driving Skills Course
Hotel Parking Lot - meet Keith
2:00pm - 3:30pm
Josh, Guyaume

Please let me know if there is anyone who is willing to help out in any of these areas. Specifically we need 5 people for the Scavenger Hunt, who do not want to participate in this specific event. Thanks!

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Lisa, My wife has voluteered to shelp with regestration.

L

loudog

Fest...

I live in Montreal, So i can help with Direction and some other stuff 'round here... Just let me know.. I i can help i will..

WORBC

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle
Help

Zippy, I'd gladly help where I can, please keep me informed if you need any satellites built and launched... :) No just kidding, I'd gladly help. This will be a pre-honeymoon for us.

--terry

Zippy_car said:
Ok Everyone,
We've been getting some interest in having people help out with various activities. So, in response to this we would like to say WELCOME. We welcome any help we can get. We are planning many activities which will require the use of volunteers to help keep things organized, running, and flowing smoothly. The list of activities is yet to be finalized. But we would just like to get an idea of how many people are willing to help us run some events.

This is not a sponsorship or vendor thread (you will be contacted seperately soon enough, thank you for your help in that area). This is just for working bodies. We 10 committee orgnizers can not do it on our own, therefore we are relying on others from the site to help us out.
Please know that we appreciate any and all assistance that you can provide for us.

More information is soon to come as to what activites will need to be staffed, how we will identify you, how we will schedule you, etc. Until that time, we would just like a head count of who's interested in helping out. Please keep your eyes peeled to the Fest 2007 section, and to this thread for further volunteer information.

Thank you all, once again, for offereing to help out at this awesome event!

~ TDIFest Organizing committee

L

loudog

Fest Montreal

I might be able to help with Freight Transportation if any.. I got some contact with transport compagnies... And Direction too, Place to stay/eat and if anyone want's nice place to hang out after the event... I'll gladly help anyone i can...

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
tdi fest 2007 help?

his '85jetta diesel or my whitetdi05 will bring us from north of philadelphia.
what kind of help are you looking for? when? how long?
thanks - we're looking forward to it.:)
kristina & dean

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
whitetdi05 said:
his '85jetta diesel or my whitetdi05 will bring us from north of philadelphia.
what kind of help are you looking for? when? how long?
thanks - we're looking forward to it.:)
kristina & dean
When things get closer, we'll post up what possitions we'll need volunteers for and for how long we'll need them. Right now, i'm more just trying to get an idea of those who are willing to help out, as some folks have been enthusiastically PM'ing and messaging us offering up their services. Just wanted to let folks know that we're acknowledging their offers and we will keep you posted.

The list of activities we'll need help for will be posted on the first post. so please refer back to that for any updates. Thanks! :D

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Fantastic! We are looking for people to do some technical discussions etc. Will post more info as we get closer.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I'll be there as well! Let me know what I can help with.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Excellent Folks! We're glad to take any volunteers. Again, things are really starting to shape up and once we have everything together we'll post it all for you to take a look at!

Thanks again!:)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
volunteer update

I posted this in the first post as well. The following is a list of places help will be specifically needed. MOST OF ALL WE NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THE SCAVENGER HUNT!!
This is just a quick and didrty schedule of where, when, who - of what's going on. When you get to fest and check-in on your registration, i'll give you a more detailed schedule to take with you so you know what you're doing and where you're most needed. Thanks in advance to everyone who's helping us out.

What’s Happening Schedule - Volunteers

Friday
Registration - Meet Shalon, Lai, Steve
Trainnon Foyer
12:00pm – 8pm
Lisa, Albert

Saturday:
Registration
Trianon Foyer - Meet Shalon, Lai, Steve
8:00am-12:00pm
Lisa, Albert

Sunday:

Scavenger Hunt
Hotel Parking Lot - meet Ketih
10:00am-12:00pm
Terry

Driving Skills Course
Hotel Parking Lot - meet Keith
2:00pm - 3:30pm
Josh, Guyaume

Please let me know if there is anyone who is willing to help out in any of these areas. Specifically we need 5 people for the Scavenger Hunt, who do not want to participate in this specific event. Thanks!

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
I need a total of 5 people for about 2 hours for the scavenger hunt. Come on, people! Wives and kids are welcome to volunteer!

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Thanks guys. We will need some french speaking voulunteers to help out.

terry_01vw

TDI
01 jetta tdi
im fluent in french and english and can help with whatever is needed. I cant help out on friday though because i will be in school. Depending on my schedule though, i could help, school's only 5 min away from tdifest.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
terry_01vw said:
im fluent in french and english and can help with whatever is needed. I cant help out on friday though because i will be in school. Depending on my schedule though, i could help, school's only 5 min away from tdifest.
terry, no worries about Friday. But I'll continue to schedule you in for an event of two. thanks.

B&C I'll also schedule you in.

Thanks for your help!