TDIFest 2007 is coming to Montréal, Canada

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
The people who are all worried about who's responsible for Fest, so they know who to sue when something bad happens, are the people who buy gas guzzling SUVs. You know, the stupid Americans.

Do you really want to be a stupid American? I just say that to all of you who are trying to figure out who to sue.

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
I have gone to several organized events (Fraternity formals, Beef -n- Beers...) where some of the individuals went awry and caused damages. The group (Fraternity) was held liable for the damages becasue they were part of the whole.

If you are that worried about other people ruining a great time, then just dont go and forget about it.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Like it or not, if someone runs over some Canuck during the low-speed rally then the person who gets run over, after finding out about the Fest would potentially include the "club" or its organizers in a suit in addition to the driver. A lawyer would have to weigh in on whether this is a viable suit and whether the organizers, from a volunteer organization which really has no true organization, would be liable. It's a reasonable legal question.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
This is Canada, more particularly, Quebec... No-Fault insurance system there, and pedestrians are covered especially well here...

(This is different from the American no-fault system, where following a collision, both parties say "it wasn't my fault"... ergo, no fault...)

Yuri.

PS: Zippy: nicely put !!! Geez... she's smart, articulate, and can fix her own car !!! Someone, marry this lady before she gets away !!!!!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
any word on the Hotel hunt? I know some people were eager to be the first to register/book :)

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
A hotel has been chosen. We are finalizing the details and are scheduled to meet with them on the 16th to negotiate rates etc. The info will be shared with all of you once the details are worked out.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
bhtooefr said:
Brake fade much? :p :D (we need a rofl emoticon)
Totally! I was in a "low speed" event and once enough people got lost for enough time, it became a high speed event. All of our brakes were toasted and some kid put his big american sedan about 100 yards into a corn field.

WPB TDI FRED

TDI
03 JETTA - Stick
bhtooefr said:
The people who are all worried about who's responsible for Fest, so they know who to sue when something bad happens, are the people who buy gas guzzling SUVs. You know, the stupid Americans.

Do you really want to be a stupid American? I just say that to all of you who are trying to figure out who to sue.
Have another beer, and a bag of chips from Salie Utz....

ARMY

TDI
Current is 2009 TDI 140K - Former VWs 2003 Bora TDI + 2004 Touareg V6
Lug_Nut said:
Formidable! C'est fantastique!
Hopefully that last "incursion" into Montreal by inhabitants of New England during the American Revolution hasn't left any hard feelings.

<edit> "insufficient priveliges" to open the PDF<end edit>
hehe nah! Aslong as you dont mind it when we burnt the white house and it had to be painted white to cover it :) <WEG>

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
MikeS_18 said:
We can all speculate on this, but a real lawyer's opinion would be best. ..
LoL...has anyone considered that this circular discussion might be fueled by a lawyer?

WPB Fred - If all your posts in this thread are merely your way of exploring the possibility of hosting a Fest in your area, I think we can safely say that you've gotten all you can from this platform. If you have further questions/concerns, please direct them in a private forum to THE Fred...VWDerf...

...that is, if you are seriously considering offering a proposal for the 2008 Fest. If you are merely here 'stirring the pot', then I think the party's over. Either way, the horse is quite dead folks...move along...

...more woohoo, Fest 2007 stuff...

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
2006 Fest Registration didn't open until February...hold yer horses!

(but stay tuned!)

ICNTDRV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI
Unfortunately I wont be able to make it. Even with the long weekend, a 1600 mile drive would give me just enough time to turn around in the parking lot before I had to go back.

Call me when the TDIFest gets a little closer to the Mason-Dixon line.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
So is the fest staff going to see if VWoA or VWoC can bring a Tigaun TDI to the fest or the new V6 Touareg TDI (CDI)?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
We'll try. That sounds like a great idea. We're already talking to VW dealers and VW NA about getting cars there.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
WOOHOO! Vacation is locked in!

Now I just need to find a car.

wasagavw

TDI
2004 jetta
Montreal

Good day all
I have visited Montreal personally on many occasions. It is a terrific city with lots to do for all interests. My wife and i hope to make the event and see and meet other TDI fans.
Thanks.
PS: Great site

WPB TDI FRED

TDI
03 JETTA - Stick
je said:
You should know that when I was trying to organize an autocross for the 2004 fest, the location I chose (they have other groups doing it) needed to know who we were, who the contact is, an address, and needed a lot (it might have been a million) in liability insurance.

Since we couldn't provide any of that, I approached a couple of car clubs that sanction autocrosses, looking to get their group to hold one for us (we would even cough up money for it). They needed to get volunteers to work that event, which they couldn't do. We'd be using their insurance to do it.

I even approached the FIA here in Canada, who needed a club name, address, contact, insurance, all things we couldn't give them.

So we, as a group, have tried to do all these things before, and are aware of these questions and liabilities.

Anyway I'd like to go, and will check if there's time that weekend.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Hamsterdiesel

TDI
Real autocross = real opportunity to damage your vehicle

= the need for real liability insurance. The quote I believe was for a 4-5 million dollar policy, which is something that SCCA normally carries themselves for their events

That is why SCCA would not touch our 2006 event in any 'official' way. They let us borrow equipment and that's it.

That is why we have devised the 'slow speed driving skills' event.

That is why we also have a waiver: Drive at your own risk.

**Any more posts not having to do with the 2007 Fest in Montreal will be moved/deleted as necessary. This type of discussion should be continued in the Fest Proposal thread located in the 2007 Forum.

Let's STAY on topic, here!

Last edited:

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Sigh...just under 3,000 miles each way...
Guess I need to get a Northwest proposal together for 2008! ;)
Have fun guys!
-BB

RoninTDI

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
Hi All,

I know the 2007 Fest is in Montreal but I havent been able to find the exact location. Can someone give me an address of where its going to be held.
Also what are the admission fees for the fest.

Sorry this will be my first Fest!!

Cheers :rolleyes:

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
All that info will be posted soon as we are finalizing negotiations with the Hotel etc.

OldSchoolFresh

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta TDI
Oh wow in Canada! I'm in Alberta so it's around a 20 hour drive to get out there, but if Rocketchips and Kerma nozzles are being sold and installed, I might have to make plans to drive out there!