TDIFest 2007 is coming to Montréal, Canada

meangreen

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Hey Zippy that sounds like a good idea,we can split the coast...Ahh maybe that would get to expensive,so i might just get a t shirt with my baby on it

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
meangreen said:
Hey Zippy that sounds like a good idea,we can split the coast...Ahh maybe that would get to expensive,so i might just get a t shirt with my baby on it
indeed. splitting the coast would be expensive... but the cost of the bomber would be cheaper.... :p

ok ok.. maybe just an economy class plane ticket to fly me to Providence would be just fine.

carry on... YAY TDIFest MONTREAL! :D

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I'd be willing to donate my car for a timing belt change seminar. :)

Spartan1320

TDI
2000 golf Bought in germany
ok guys a couple questions... one what is the drinking age in the area... two what is a good chip nozzle combo for stock clutch turbo and intercooler.... three what is that gonna cost

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Blown Euroz

I drove up from Baltimore to this event north of Philly last month with my wife. We never see each other during the week, opposite shifts, so Sunday and Monday are our only days off. She wasn't exactly thrilled when after an hour or so of being at the event, we left. In fact she was pretty damn annoyed :D

Can you invision her excitment, when I told her last night about the 9 hours driving to the TDIfest and talking cars all weekend?? :rolleyes: I see it as making up for all the accumilated minutes, hours, days and weeks in clothes and shoe shops being bored stupid. Fairs fair...

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Just a thought, perhaps a bad one as I've never looked into the price, but can't a couple of you get together and load your stuff into one car, and transport that car from wherever you are by train to the TDI?? The tolls alone on 95 and 87 along the east coast is going to be at least $50-$75 per car. Add diesel and hotels etc if your coming from Florida, just a thought...

JPO

TDI
Jetta,2000,Red
Spartan1320 said:
ok guys a couple questions... one what is the drinking age in the area... two what is a good chip nozzle combo for stock clutch turbo and intercooler.... three what is that gonna cost
19 Years old in La Belle Province. No turning right on red on the Island of Montreal. A 24 of Coors Light should run you about $20 Cdn in PQ. Have they posted the final location of the event? I could not find it in the posts. I'm an ex Montrealer so I'm looking forward to visiting the old town.

John
Cambridge ON

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
JPO said:
A 24 of Coors Light should run you about $20 Cdn in PQ.
Why would you want to drink Coors Light, which can be found anywhere in North America, rather than one of the excellent micro-brews to be found locally ??? UniBrou makes some spectacular products, and there are others...

Yuri.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
Legal drinking age is 18 in Quebec. And Yuri is right, there are several local Microbreweries.

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
Coors?! :eek: :eek: The only silver bullet I would touch would be of the 2 or 4-wheeled variety ;)

searching for quality having to have the very best, now searching for quantity, never having time to do the test - Neil Young Sixty To Zero

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
bhtooefr said:
I'll say right now that I probably won't be there... too far to drive, and I can't fly because I won't be able to get a rental car. :(
:confused: So why did YOU of all people start a convoy thread for the express purpose of going to the Fest if you aren't coming anyway? There are people driving furthur than central Ohio to this! Now if you were still driving that gasser Honda I could see how it's too far of a drive what with fuel costs but as you have a 1.6 VW diesel nowdays unless it has been replaced by your bicycle there's not much excuse now not to come, right? ;)

pghPAtdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2001, White, Leather
Tell it like it is.. Cool :cool:

CoolWht said:
:confused: So why did YOU of all people start a convoy thread for the express purpose of going to the Fest if you aren't coming anyway? There are people driving furthur than central Ohio to this! Now if you were still driving that gasser Honda I could see how it's too far of a drive what with fuel costs but as you have a 1.6 VW diesel nowdays unless it has been replaced by your bicycle there's not much excuse now not to come, right? ;)

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Exact details on the tech session should be released later this week. Some different options are currently being worked out.

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
I can't wait for the Fest.

Have there been any updates to the list of vendors, or registered members? How big of a show are we going to have this year?

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
updated agenda

for anyone curious, we've updated the agenda for this years fest, and tweaked a few of the schedules. here's the new agenda (also posted as an edit to Derf's 1st post). Lots of fun things happening this year, folks! come join us! :D
Agenda

Friday
12:00pm – 8pm Registration - Foyer
Room Check – in at member descretion
6:00-9:00 Dinner and Meet N’ Greet - Foyer Trianon

Saturday:
8:00-10:00am Breakfast
8:00 – 11:00 Registration check-in
10:30 (intro)-2:00 Tech Sessions
11:00 - 5:00 - Vending
1:00 – 5:00 Diagnostic sessions
2:00-5:00 Registration check-in
7:00-9:00 – Beer Swap social
4:00 – 9:00 Free time
9:00pm - movie night

Sunday:
9:30 - 12:00 – Adventure/Scavenger hunt
11:00 - 4:00 - Vending
1:00 judging - show n’ shine
2:00 – 3:30 – driving skills course
3:00pm – Raffle
6:00 – 8:00 Banquet (slide show, awards and dinner)

Last edited: