TDIFest 2007 is coming to Montréal, Canada

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant

I'm proud to announce that TDIFest 2007 will be hold in Montréal, Canada on the Labour Day weekend (August 31, 2007 - September 2, 2007). This will be the second time TDIFest has been north of the US border and promises to be another fun fill weekend.
This years organizing committee consists of:
Dieselvet, IndigoBlueWagon, Meganuke, MeganukesWife, MrChill, MrsChill, Radman, TDIinRI, and Zippy_car.
Agenda

Friday
12:00pm – 8pm Registration - Foyer
Room Check – in at member descretion
6:00-9:00 Dinner and Meet N’ Greet - Foyer Trianon

Saturday:
8:00-10:00am Breakfast
8:00 – 11:00 Registration check-in
10:30 (intro)-2:00 Tech Sessions
11:00 - 5:00 - Vending
1:00 – 5:00 Diagnostic sessions
2:00-5:00 Registration check-in
7:00-9:00 – Beer Swap social
4:00 – 9:00 Free time
9:00pm - movie night

Sunday:
9:30 - 12:00 – Adventure/Scavenger hunt
11:00 - 4:00 - Vending
1:00 judging - show n’ shine
2:00 – 3:30 – driving skills course
3:00pm – Raffle
6:00 – 8:00 Banquet (slide show, awards and dinner)

Attached is part of the proposal that was submitted by this years winners.
http://www.tdiclub.com/tdifest/TDI%20Fest%202007%20Proposal(revised).pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
Congrats on getting tdifest this year. Amie and I are really looking forward to it. I hear Montreal is beautiful.

Cheers.:) :) :)

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
Awesome. It is only 481 miles to Montreal from my house. I cant wait to make it up across the border again!

(cant access or open the proposal page either)

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Formidable! C'est fantastique!
Hopefully that last "incursion" into Montreal by inhabitants of New England during the American Revolution hasn't left any hard feelings.

<edit> "insufficient priveliges" to open the PDF<end edit>

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Yippie !!!!!!

I guess I'll have no excuse to miss it this time since it's right in the middle of the 3 locations I frequent that time of the year!!!!

Looking forward to it... hope I can be of some assistance...

Yuri.

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
Great choice! - I'm psyched!

Now I have a good excuse to get passports for both the kids and myself ;) Almost did it last year for going to Toronto for the science ctr, now I'll do it for this now instead of waiting until the last minute.

And wife should let me go for another reason - her one weakness in life - Canadian Beer !!! This time I won't forget to bring the coolers.

You know a country is proud of their beer when they won't let it ever get warm even in the store - I went to a Beer store this past year while on my way back from Ottawa and the entire store was chilled. I brought it outside and quickly put it in coolers with the appropriate amount of ice.

Rumor has it the border patrol will confiscate your Canadian beer if you don't show it the proper respect.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Did they delay that passport law that was supposed to take effect in 2007? If we need passports folks-$65-$100 and should apply for them shortly!

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
I'll say right now that I probably won't be there... too far to drive, and I can't fly because I won't be able to get a rental car. :(

meganuke

TDIClub Contributor, Vendor
TDI
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid
TDIinRI knows the specific rules, but from what I remember--If you drive in, you won't need a passport until 2008. If you fly in, you WILL need a passport in 2007.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
meganuke said:
TDIinRI knows the specific rules, but from what I remember--If you drive in, you won't need a passport until 2008. If you fly in, you WILL need a passport in 2007.
i'll second that one. One of the reasons why Montreal was chosen is b/c it will be one of the last years to be able to hop the border in a vehicle WITHOUT a passport. So you should be good this year. Although, i would still carry some sort of alternate ID with you, JIC. ;)

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
Woot!..... I am very excited. that's gonna be a vacation pour moi avec mes amies. C'est bien. Yo!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
bhtooefr said:
I'll say right now that I probably won't be there... too far to drive, and I can't fly because I won't be able to get a rental car. :(
You could bum rides for the entire duration of the Fest - I did just that for 2005 at Lake Mills. Only need to line up someone to pick you up at the airport and rest can be made up as you go. Won't need a rental car that way which will also save you a few bucks.

TDIGUY03

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GLS TDI BLK/BLK (SOLD), 2015 Golf TDI SE, 2011 Golf Sportwagon TDI (Traded for 2018 Atlas)
I will be there for sure!!! Can't wait till Labour Day!!

uberdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Night Blue Golf TDI SEL
Montreal is an ideal venue! I hope to be there! I'll block out my schedule... I'm guessing its 2,000 miles from Houston to Montreal, but Montreal is worth every mile!

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
Yep, 2000 miles from Houston. Now if we can get a carpool or caravan across the country that would be great. Imagine 5 to 10 TDIs in a row doing 45mph all the way to Montreal from Houston, just to see who gets the best mileage. Ok, maybe 55mph.

traxterXT

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta 2005
Ah wwiiiiiii now i will be able have diesel conversation with people that knows diesel in a fest and its 1.5 hour from my place.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
NathanMSL said:
Yep, 2000 miles from Houston. Now if we can get a carpool or caravan across the country that would be great. Imagine 5 to 10 TDIs in a row doing 45mph all the way to Montreal from Houston, just to see who gets the best mileage. Ok, maybe 55mph.
You will get the best mileage Mr. ERF! :)

ericbecky

Hurray! Glad to hear that next year's Fest is in the works!
Good luck to the organizers. It will be worth all the hard work.
Here's a hearty "Thank You!" in advance.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Just under 1000 miles. Hmmmmm. Have to consult the Missus. After Boston, she said "never again!"

Of course, that was in the Golf. I now have a luxury highway cruiser! :p ;) :D

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
fishmando said:
We Tri-state/New England'ers should meet up and do a big run up to the fest...
Absolutely love this idea, but must say I failed miserably when I tried to arrange one up to Toronto in '03 :mad: Ended dieseling up solo and was truly bummed at the missed opportunity to ride in a TDI caravan of 10+ (20+?!) oil burners....

This time around, from a bivouac area somewhere near Albany NY, we could easily be able to assemble 20 to 30 TDI's for a morning's ride North to the Great White....Oh Canada!

Kudos and congrats to the winning bid team members.

JJ

Fred Gauthier

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Sportline TDI
Welcome everybody. And, no excuse for me too; I'll be there!

And for those who want to explore a little bit more north, Quebec City, 2h north east from Montreal, is the only fortified city (defence walls) in North America. It is like a little bit of France in NA. Don't hesitate to ask if you want to make plans.

Last edited: