Low boost on 2000 VW 1.9tdi

grujolix

TDI
VW Bora 1.9
Hi guys,
I have a non VNT turbo 2000 VW Bora 66kw but with some tuning which previous owners said it made 120hp and recently the car was not producing enough power, usually on hill climbing it's really struggling and goes into limp mode. I thought it was the MAF i bought a second hand one, and it worked well for about two weeks and then it stopped working well, i took both sensors and cleaned them and i put the old one in and the car was doing nice pulls but started driving her up hill and kept going into limp mode. I used a bluetooth OBD2 scanner and while driving the car in city and up hills it showed max boost of 6psi, and when it went into limp mode it dropped to a max of 5.17psi boost. Also when i use the scanner it shows that the maf sensor is detecting 0.2g or 22g of air which is ridiculous because the car pulls great.
Thoughts?
Any help would really be appreciated. :D
PS. This might be in the wrong place, so please move it if it is, thank you.

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Best how-to to approach this step-by-step is in my sig.

Or "limp mode" as a search term... tons and tons of threads. :)

jetta 97

Vendor
TDI
2 X Jatta MK5 2006
Hi guys,
I have a non VNT turbo 2000 VW Bora 66kw but with some tuning which previous owners said it made 120hp and recently the car was not producing enough power, usually on hill climbing it's really struggling and goes into limp mode. I thought it was the MAF i bought a second hand one, and it worked well for about two weeks and then it stopped working well, i took both sensors and cleaned them and i put the old one in and the car was doing nice pulls but started driving her up hill and kept going into limp mode. I used a bluetooth OBD2 scanner and while driving the car in city and up hills it showed max boost of 6psi, and when it went into limp mode it dropped to a max of 5.17psi boost. Also when i use the scanner it shows that the maf sensor is detecting 0.2g or 22g of air which is ridiculous because the car pulls great.
Thoughts?
Any help would really be appreciated. :D
PS. This might be in the wrong place, so please move it if it is, thank you.
2000 has VNT turbo , possible your turbo sticking or vacuum actuator is bad. since you do not have any boost, with tune you should be anywhere between 16-18 psi.