Furthest Driven:
To Be posted

Best Fuel Economy:
Lug_Nut, Massachusetts

Driving Skills:
see: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=1848237#post1848237

BUG*PWR:
Lug_Nut

* All prizes were decided and awarded, but I don't have this with me. This will be updated shortly.

Last edited:

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Woohoo! Go New England Crew!!!!

Special congrats to Lug Nut Jon!

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
A paltry 49.9. (4.7 l/100km). I thought Ernie was coming and I'd have no chance. I didn't even check the tire pressure before leaving home. It was during the banquet that Hamsterdiesel asked what my number was. She said, "Better tell Fred". It turned out to be the highest of anyone in the room.
If there is a fest attendee with a higher number/lower rate that they believe to be factual, and they weren't in the banquet room to respond, post your result.

Peoria_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat TDI
VW Derf said:
TDIFest 2007 Results:

Show & Shine:
B4 Passat:
2nd: #18 Lug_Nut, Massachusetts
1st: #107 jetter_sprinta& Sprinta, Massachusetts

A3 Jetta:
2nd: #105, codeblue, Ontario
1st: #109, simonvolks, Quebec

New Beetle:
2nd: #62 BLUBRY2, Illinois
1st: #25 SilverGhost, Florida

A4 Golf
2nd: #117 GTDI4, Maryland
1st: #113 EMS, Ontario

A5 Jetta:
2nd: # 49 elweasel, Pennsylvania
1st: #112 tomo366, Maryland

A4 Jetta:
3rd: #87 black_and_chrome, Quebec
2nd: #39 jettafock, Maryland
1st: #99 PeterV, New Hampshire

In need of a lot of TLC:
#44, WingNut, Ontario

Peoples Choice:
#99 PeterV, New Hampshire

Furthest Driven:
To Be posted

Best Fuel Economy:
Lug_Nut, Massachusetts

Driving Skills:
Coming in a seperate thread.

BUG*PWR:
Lug_Nut

* All prizes were decided and awarded, but I don't have this with me. This will be updated shortly.
pictures!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
A lot of people didn't enter in the show and shine because they didn't think their cars would win or something. :rolleyes: Pure bunk, I say. Everyone should have entered, regardless of car condition. Keep in mind that a lot of show and shine points are for mileage.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
VeeDubTDI said:
A lot of people didn't enter in the show and shine because they didn't think their cars would win or something. :rolleyes: Pure bunk, I say. Everyone should have entered, regardless of car condition. Keep in mind that a lot of show and shine points are for mileage.
Mine is a honest working TDI and not a show poodle. Plus I was on vacation and the last thing I was going to do is clean up the car for a three hour show. Also I didn't register for the show and only got back to the hotel at 1330 Sunday afternoon after a morning downtown so missed half of it by then anyways. The only person my car really has to satisfy is me as it's owner/operator.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That wasn't intended as a slam against you. Mostly just a slam against BlueCTTDi and his euro-upgraded big-turbo 6-speed Golf that just sat in the lot without anyone oohing and aahing over it. ;) :D

Hamsterdiesel

TDIClub Enthusiast , Veteran Member & HO5G CoFound
TDI
1999 Golf IV, Black and now 2015 Reflex Silver Passat SE
VeeDubTDI said:
That wasn't intended as a slam against you. Mostly just a slam against BlueCTTDi and his euro-upgraded big-turbo 6-speed Golf that just sat in the lot without anyone oohing and aahing over it. ;) :D
Ditto - shame on you BlueCT!:mad:

Sad that no New England Golfs could represent my poor baby sitting home with broken brake pad...:(

blubry2

TDI
1999 Volkswagen New Beetle 1.9 Turbo Diesel
Was wondering if I could get the picture or link of my wife and I accepting our Show and Shine award? Thanks.

New Beetle:
2nd: #62 BLUBRY2, Illinois

1999 VW Beetle TDI, Frost Heater, #2 Pool ball stick shifter w/ blue leather shift boot cover.

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Lug_Nut said:
A paltry 49.9. (4.7 l/100km). I thought Ernie was coming and I'd have no chance. I didn't even check the tire pressure before leaving home. It was during the banquet that Hamsterdiesel asked what my number was. She said, "Better tell Fred". It turned out to be the highest of anyone in the room.
If there is a fest attendee with a higher number/lower rate that they believe to be factual, and they weren't in the banquet room to respond, post your result.
On my A4 the tank to Montreal was:

872 miles - 15.642 US gallons - 55.747 mpg.

Headed home was down a bit thanks to some high speed 401 driving:

811 miles - 16.178 US gallons - 50.130 mpg.

Didn't post this earlier as I just got around to converting the numbers from liters to US gallons for my mpg spreadsheet.

Lug_Nut

TDI
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. Send me your address in a PM and I'll mail the award to you.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Lug_Nut sent me the award for 'Best fuel mileage to the Fest' as promised which I recieved today - thanks for doing so! :)

irvingj

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI (PD/BEW)
Sorry I coudn't stay for the banquet- had to get back home.... Nice reading about the events, and thoroughly enjoyed talking with the experts and learning a bunch! Already installed the Audi TT short shifter from TDIParts, and am chomping at the bit for their Shine Racing rear sway bar.... Speaking of mileage-- even with the AC on and the stop & go traffic through the "res" on the way back, I managed 436.9 miles @ 9.204 gal for 47.47 mpg for the whole trip. Not the best I've ever done and not good enough for an award, but not too shabby, either. Love my baby diesel wagon! This was my first TDI Fest; it won't be the last- Thanks to all who set it up!

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
CoolWht said:
Lug_Nut sent me the award for 'Best fuel mileage to the Fest' as promised which I recieved today - thanks for doing so! :)
Jon, that was really nice of you... thank you for your consideration in that event. This, sir, is one of many reasons why you took home the Bug* PWR award this year! :D

Lug_Nut

TDI
I'm still expecting Fred to reply that there was some mistake there, too, and that I'll be mailing that off to the rightful recipient.