Safely Home

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
So Jason and I drove though the night, almost made a wrong turn which would have had us take the bridge into MI instead of our route though the U.P. which would have added hours to the trip.

Not bad time either, left at about 11pm and arrived in Milwaukee at 7:30 PM last night.

I hope everyone elses trip was as uneventful and safe.

I have to laugh. I came onto campus this morning (opening day of classes) and my student worker sez "you are the first person I have ever known that went to Canada to get a tan!" :eek: Boy am I sun burned.

Special thanks to Jason for getting me back home before school started. It would have been a much easier drive had we spent the night on Sunday but work calls.

Cheers

Tony B.
TDiTony
02 Jetta GLS (soon to get my new goodies installed)
97 Passat

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
We left Montreal around 8;30am and reached Erie PA about 4:30pm yesterday. Left Erie, PA about 7:30AM and was home about 4:00pm today. It was a long trip but uneventful, few speed traps, road construction, or traffic jams.

I'm sleeping in tomorrow.

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
Glad to hear you made it home safely. It was a pleasure spending the day with you and Kathy on Monday!

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Mark and I made it safely home as well. Traffic was lighter coming back, and custom's didn't take too terribly long.

-J

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Traffic was kinda bad for us going through PA, as the wonderful road crews there have decided to fix the bridges. Instead of closing one lane down for 20 miles, they closed it down, reopened it a mile later, then closed it down again in 3 miles (for a total of 3 - 4 times), creating a horrendous backup. Hooray for poor planning. :rolleyes: After we got past all of that crap, I set the cruise control @ 85 mph for the rest of the trip. :D

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Welcome to my back yard.:rolleyes: You should see the winter, You can easily spot where the PA/MD border is. Snow covered roads to the north and wet roads to the south! I may see 1 plow in my 20 miles in PA to the border and 3-5 at a time every 10 miles or so once in MD. :confused: