Who has already left home?

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
I'm just wondering how many people have already left home to drive to the Fest. Currently, I am in the Lansing area, and will be leaving from here early tomorrow morning with a view toward arriving in Montreal toward the tail end of rush hour. (I built 30 minutes into my schedule to clear customs.)

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
vikingrob said:
I'm just wondering how many people have already left home to drive to the Fest. Currently, I am in the Lansing area, and will be leaving from here early tomorrow morning with a view toward arriving in Montreal toward the tail end of rush hour. (I built 30 minutes into my schedule to clear customs.)
does leaving California Yesterday count?
How about this. I'm planning on leaving in 4 hours, and i'm still not in bed! :eek:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I haven't left yet, and I hope I don't have to work too late tomorrow... work is kicking my butt :( I almost had an asthma attack today :S Damn building has too much construction dust :mad:

-J

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Departing in about an hour. At my customary pace I should arrive ...about...let's see.... about 'fest08 o'clock.:D

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Mrschill & Zippy just left the Ho5G ~8am...Montreal or bust!

Wait, I better not say that last part...

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
Jason will be hitting the road shortly to get me in Milwaukee. We are taking the Northern route! Better get a pot of coffee started.

See you soon

Tony B.
Ridin' shotgun for Jason

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
Leaving at 3pm from philly. Think i am going to take the PA turnpike - NJ turnpike - 87? in NY (NY turnpike).

EVONELLY

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2006 Touareg TDI
We leave in 4 hours and 23 minutes.:D The flight is about 3000 miles but will only take about 4 hours.

Last edited:

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
T minus 15 minutes till lift off. A slightly shorter trip than EVONELLY. At least I'm not using gasoline!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
Well the meeting ran long and then I had to put a fire out when i get back to my desk. So I am leaving a little later then I had hoped. See you there tonight.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Posting from the Erie, PA Hampton Inn. After I check my email I'll head up to the room and see if I can talk the wife into a soak in the jaccuzzi. ;)

FanofAllDiesels

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf Gls
Becky, Allison, Amy and I will be piling in the golf and leaving in about 10 minutes (10:30 p.m. est). 556 miles...this should be fun!

Jeff

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
tdi fest locations

Hi All! Whitetdi05 & Biodean are at Red Carpet Inn, Pulaski, NY. This place has WiFi - our first experience with it - Cool!
Easy ride on North81. Stop at LakeOntario early tomorrow, on to Montreal. See you there!

TeDeEye1

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI Premium
vikingrob said:
I left Bloomington IL. late on the 27th. Stoped at Presque Isle for a few hours and then it was on to Niagara Falls. I will be leaving Niagara Falls at 7AM in the hopes of getting to Montreal by 3PM.
Just want to warn anyone crossing at Buffalo that the QE has some major construction going on just north of the falls. Had what should have been an 11 minute drive turn into a 45 minute drive last night.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Leaving in the next 30 minutes. See everyone there.

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I met up with kromicacid just into NY last night and we arived at 11:30. Pretty much smooth sailing the whole way. Spent about 30 mins at the 81 boarder cossing. I almost lost my oil pan to a huge freakin chunk of metal I couldn't avoid, and I also have some nice roadkill splatter on my car thanks to a car infront of me.d

TDITONY

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS TDi Black
Driving directions using any of the typical mapping software are horrible at best! Be careful getting here. This is NOT the holiday inn in Montreal proper!!! Go West on 40 about 10 minutes further and look for the Confort Inn off St. Jean. It is just to the East of the Freeway

We are here!!!

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
Well I guess we can start saying, who's made it home now. I finally made it back 2 hours later then I should have thanks to the nice road work on I-81. I didn't hit anything this time. Thank God. But I did almost hit a coyotee doing 80 just before getting home. That would have sucked. I hope everyone else will make it home safely too. And thanks again to all the staff and Fred. It was a great fest. See you all next year I hope.

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
well, after hearing of mrchills drama, and mrschill needing a ride home, we piled up the golf and left at 2 pm on Monday. I finally arrived back in RI at 12am! 10 hours of driving, 4 speed traps (lickily i didn't get caught this time), and 3 stops along the way later... i dropped into the air mattress and passed out!

Thanks, Dan for the fun games to play while on the road. We only got up to H before we got distracted by conversation, trying to stay awake through VT! :eek:

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
We left at 11pm Sunday and stopped for 2 hours in central Ontario. I dropped Tony off at 7:15pm in Milwaukee and I was home by 9pm. 1100 miles. Only issue was a p**** in a 524TD BMW just outside of Madison. He could NOT figure out one freakin' speed. Then got stupid and put his brights on me. Consequently he got 10 miles of washer bottle contents at random. Must have been fun once he ran out of fluid and we went through a marsh area swarming with bugs. What a d***. I'm pretty sure he belongs to prairie fire bio-fuels. He's going to get a punch in the face next time I see him.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
We left at 4:30 AM monday morning, headed west then south to the Adirondacks where we did a little hiking. The drive was very pleasant. The border crossing was quick and easy after they searched my trunk/hatch. The traffic near NYC was bad but could have been worse. We arrived home by 5:30 tired. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. See you all next year.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
jettafock said:
But I did almost hit a coyotee doing 80 just before getting home.
Maybe it's time to get a Plymouth - as in a Road Runner. Beep Beep! :p