The Convoy Thread

roytoy

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf TDI Shark Blue on Black, 2 Door Manual
NathanMSL are you still planing on going?

Anyone else from Texas area?

I need to see my testing schedule for school, if it matches and I can get a couple days of work I am def going. Last year I wanted so bad to go but we had the new baby... this year I really want to go and Canada, I love Canada.

maniac1181

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta
Customs...

Hi all,

I don't know if you're doing this already, but to all of you comming in from the US, you should take into account that you will be going through customs. Now I don't know what kind of wait time you can expect, but I know that for a single car crossing from Canada to the US (in Quebec) it never takes under 30minutes... (during day time that is... night time is a lot better)!

Can't wait to meet at the Fest!

SilveR316

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf 1.9L TDI
Coming in to Canada from the US is very quick in the late afternoon or early evening. Was coming back on Saturday at around 8pm, and there was no line up at all at the Niagara Falls bridge. We just pulled right up the booth, and we were gone 2 mins later.

Note that there is a $3.50 CAD toll if youre coming in to Canada across the Niagara Falls bridge. I believe the Ft. Erie and Lewiston bridges are free.

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
roytoy said:
NathanMSL are you still planing on going?

Anyone else from Texas area?

I need to see my testing schedule for school, if it matches and I can get a couple days of work I am def going. Last year I wanted so bad to go but we had the new baby... this year I really want to go and Canada, I love Canada.
Sorry about the delay, but yes I am still planning on attending. I've worked out my copilot, I think. We're going to try and do the 2000 mile drive in two days.

See yah there

Nate

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
Well it looks like my codriver won't be able to make the return trip with me. He has a business to run and can't afford to do a little sight seeing after the fest. So I'm looking for someone to share the drive back with me. Maybe you could fly into the fest and then see Niagra Falls and some other attraction and then drive home. You can see my map on the first page of this thread, if your somewhere near the route and want to tag along as a third driver on the way up that would work as well. Keep in mind that I'm not planning on starting back until the 5th or 6th.

Let me know. I'm not looking forward to 2000 miles by myself, but I'll do it if I have to.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
Now. For all of us South of 80 and east of 69. We have 2 ways we can go. The CA way or the US way. Google maps is showing a 1 hour difference and like 50 miles (which out of 900, is nothing).

Anyone have any preference? I'm still undecided on if I'm going or not.

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hi All! My partner & I wonder whether any other TDI's from the Doylestown, PA area are interested in starting a convoy to the TDIFest.
We're leaving early Friday morning. All suggestions welcome!
Thanks.
Kristina

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Valadius and I will be leaving from South Lyon MI at about 7 AM. Any other MI people heading to fest this year?

-Jason

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
compu_85 said:
Valadius and I....

-Jason
Who is Valadius? That's a new name to me and it does not show up here when I do a member search. Is this person one of the MI TDI gang?

**Never mind. J's stellar spelling skills strike again! You meant Validius.**

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
CoolWht said:
Who is Valadius? That's a new name to me and it does not show up here when I do a member search. Is this person one of the MI TDI gang?

**Never mind. J's stellar spelling skills strike again! You meant Validius.**
LOL.

Ooh, the count-down to fest is buggy today. Apparently there are only 03 days until Fest! :D [edit: actually, that's my computer's fault... stupid calendar]

I will be leaving Virginia around 7am also. I'm budgeting about an hour in customs, just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Hey, cut me some slack :p I've been installing new computers at the Britton-Macon area school, moving from a Novell server to a Windows server, re-installing windows on all 236 machines, fixing cableing..... etc... without AC :( They're putting it in tho, which means half the building is torn apart to run the pipes. Fun fun fun! I have to wonder if it will be done by the time school starts....

-Jason

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
compu_85 said:
Hey, cut me some slack :p I've been installing new computers at the Britton-Macon area school, moving from a Novell server to a Windows server, re-installing windows on all 236 machines, fixing cableing..... etc... without AC :( They're putting it in tho, which means half the building is torn apart to run the pipes. Fun fun fun! I have to wonder if it will be done by the time school starts....

-Jason
Ah - I was just funning! :) Did have me confused at first when I searched for V's name with the 'a' instead of the 'i' in it and got nothing. No harm, no foul! :eek:

So does this mean you have two deadlines? One for finishing the computer stuff at school and second for the Fest? :p

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
VeeDubTDI said:
LOL.

Ooh, the count-down to fest is buggy today. Apparently there are only 03 days until Fest! :D [edit: actually, that's my computer's fault... stupid calendar]

I will be leaving Virginia around 7am also. I'm budgeting about an hour in customs, just to be on the safe side.
oh you are so getting tackle hugged when you check-in! :rolleyes:
(you too J!) :D

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
OMG Zippy! The three of us are going to have to have a big

And of course, Jason is going to get one of these...

goTDIcandy

Veteran Member
TDI
white 05 Golf
Hi! My partner & I are looking for a convoy through Pennsylvania - our map shows Route 87 the best for us. Anybody? K & D

kromicacid

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL - Fixed
whitetdi05 said:
Hi! My partner & I are looking for a convoy through Pennsylvania - our map shows Route 87 the best for us. Anybody? K & D
When are you leaving? PM me if you are leaving thrusday night/evening...

vikingrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2021 Tesla Model 3 (delivery estimate May 2021)
TDIGUY03 said:
If you guys cross in Detroit you could possibly meet up with us Windsor guys then London and Toronto along the way. Anyone coming through Sarnia could meet us in London.
I'm probably going to be reaching the 401-402 interchange about 11:00am EDT on Thursday, August 30.

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
I'll be leaving Rochester on Friday ofternoon. Anyone on an I90 eastbound convoy that will be passing in the 3pm-6pm window? or are the long distance folks aiming for an earlier arrival than that?

BruceT - Maybe we can have a 2 member convoy if nothing else?

I read these pages quickly but did not see a mention for a time of meeting along 90 or 81 or 87 anywhere.... And I'd suppose there are many folks in preparation for leaving now, and some real early birds may even have already.