Hotel Room Rate and Booking Info!

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
compu_85 said:
No problems, called today and got the lower rate :)
That's no fun at all! :eek: Support the higher rate! :p Seriously - glad you scored here. See you there!

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Good news for those slow to book. We manged to get the hotel to extend the block of rooms for one more week.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
darkscout said:
We were discussing on Chat tonight that no one could find the hotel on mapquest, google or yahoo.

45.460419999999999, -73.826269999999994

Holiday St & Rue Plateau, Pointe Claire, QC

It should be in the north east of that intersection.
I found you have to change "Trans Canada Hwy" to "autoroute canadienne" or something like that. Google maps and MapQuest have no trouble finding it once you change the hiway name.

I run into a similar problem around here. There are three names for a given stretch of pavement - the numbered street, a common name, and hiway number if it happens to follow that street. And map software will recognize one designation, but not the other.

EX: I was looking for a bank and the 800 # said SW 150 99th Street. Yeah, but the map software only recognized the common name of Old Dixie Hiway. Well, I find the street in question and on the sign is "Old Dixie Hwy, SW 99th Street" (Name on top, number in small print underneith).

'nuf babling, I'm off

Jason

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
darkscout said:
We were discussing on Chat tonight that no one could find the hotel on mapquest, google or yahoo.
Try putting this in on GoogleMaps:

6700 S Service Road Pointe-Claire, QC

...and it'll show up! :)

I can't take the credit for this as I found this address in the aerial photo NathanMSL posted of the hotel (where he pointed out the 'dragstrip' in the front). Until I punched this address in I too had trouble mapping the hotel location out online. Hope this helps!

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
paramedick said:
Work issues. It's best I stay and work rather than take a vacation day.
Oh man what a drag. Sorry to hear that you won't be making it. Same kind of thing happend to me on summer vacation. I will personally promise to hoist a beer in your honor!