Dealer Buyback Program Begins - or does it?

MrSprdSheet

Veteran Member
TDI
'09 JSW TDI
Last night, unmarked envelope with pay window, $6,500 check in it, shows up. Its a local VW dealer "authorized" for a "4-day volkswagen vehicle buy back program". 110% of value (asterisked -only applies to 10k/yr). Through June 20th, only.

I post because its pretty sleazy damage control, but also because the percent of value and contingency on condition don't seem any less likely to be part of the real thing (now set for 6/28).

waltzconmigo

Veteran Member
TDI
none
sounds like that dealer is just casting out lines hoping for a bite, sure you realize this, they want to sell you a new car before the details of the settlement come out.

gloaming

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 6MT CR170 (Sold); 2004 R32 (not a TDI)
This thread does not have anything directly to do with diesel emissions. The Mods have asked that no new dieselgate related threads are to be made until after the 21st.

donallen

TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen 6M
It's been extended until the 28th now.
It's only been approx. 275 days since VW's criminality was announced, clearly not enough time for them to figure this thing out. This is like living Zeno's Paradox. Just absurd. The only way I'd consider another VW is if they paid me to take the damned thing and then I'd have to think about it.

pushgears

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 A3 TDI
I don't get it

As was said, been nearly a year and no solution. ***? I think they're stalling in the hope owners lose motivation or their cars. Meanwhile they're making money hand over fist selling the new Q7s at 70Gs and 4-cyl Macans that will probably be made in Medico. Also gives them more time to shred records. I hate these MFs who don't give a rat's ass about us owners. Settlement aside I would like to see jail time for these criminals!

Last edited:

yehaman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Last night, unmarked envelope with pay window, $6,500 check in it, shows up. Its a local VW dealer "authorized" for a "4-day volkswagen vehicle buy back program". 110% of value (asterisked -only applies to 10k/yr). Through June 20th, only.
I post because its pretty sleazy damage control, but also because the percent of value and contingency on condition don't seem any less likely to be part of the real thing (now set for 6/28).
I received the same exact letter yesterday, bet it was from the same dealer...

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I got one of those letters yesterday, too. Offering me 110% of KBB on my '12 Golf and up to $6,500 off a new VW. It's just the usual marketing stuff VW (and other manufacturers) do. Nothing to do with dieselgage.

And they need to update their lists: I sold the '12 Golf a year ago.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Thread locked to stop people from getting confused that these dealer trade-in offers are part of the diesel-gate settlement.

There is only one diesel-gate thread and it's locked for everyone's own good until June 28th.

:rolleyes: