BEW New Cam from Franko6

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
Well,

I didn't think I rolled like ths (mileage came on kinda quick) but I got 5K on my Franko6 chrome cam. I never touched the torsion as it is at -1.5 and sometimes -2.0 Malone stage ONE tune. I'm getting 42.5 mpg. The power is pretty surprising but I don't have a heavy foot. I have to judge by the load on the engine. I was tempted to put it on a dyno and still might do so.

I am going to do some logs and send them to Malone Tuning. I get some smoke when I nail the throttle, more than I did before the cam replacement. I'm not very concerned about that but...it's just something I've noticed.

I followed Frank's oil change recommendations and I'm gonna stick with 5-7K mile intervals (my recommendations :) ). I'm also running the oil Frank recommended as well. Shaffer light...oops that's beer isn't it ?? That's how I remember the Oil Brand though I'm not much of a drinker.

Thanks Frank !!

Last edited:

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Gene,

Thanks for the compliments.
It was a good build. The oil is Schaeffer. Good stuff...don't drink it.

Sky King

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 New Beetle DSG Trans.
How about a lil update on performance. I had to change lanes the other day and I was out of position, so, I had to drop the hammer a bit to make some room :D When I did all of a sudden the road in front of me sorta cleared up, as in no traffic, and even better, no danger of police. ;) So.... I just let her run and eased it on down closer to the floor. My grin got bigger and bigger. I blew through 90mph like nothing. :eek: I was going to bypass my exit and and see if I could find enough room to break the sound barrier but I decided not to. That was a tough decision but I'm gonna do some logs this weekend at illegal speeds. :) and I know just the place. Ha ha.

When my car was new 2006, I held it WFO and all I got was 108MPH. I'm bettin 120 now and yes.... I am gonna do that and all it will give me. I gotta no ?? This MOFO be kickin !!! I hate the fact that I'm lovin this car !!

Frank this thing Kicks AZZ !! :D :D :D

tuckman

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg Execline TDI, MKIV 2006 Jetta wagon
That is awesome! Keep us updated when you get the tuning from Malone, that is the route I am going too!
I have my cam waiting in the box until I get my Joe Gibbs BR oil...this morning hopefully.