Who got the payment from BOSCH?

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
DOJ is not involved in the Bosch settlement at all, so it's highly unlikely they'd care.

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
For everyone waiting on their checks, there is hope, I got mine in June for $ 350 buckaroos.....my turn in was at the end of March 2017 :)

ticketed2much

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I am a little confused if I need to register with Bosch to receive my check, could someone help me out? I did register with VW and plan on having the fix performed now that it's approved.

Do I need to do anything else or is Bosch just slow on my payment?

Thanks

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
My information for a Q5TDI 3.0 was submitted and approved on June 16. Still no check.

Last edited:

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I am a little confused if I need to register with Bosch to receive my check, could someone help me out? I did register with VW and plan on having the fix performed now that it's approved.

Do I need to do anything else or is Bosch just slow on my payment?

Thanks
I don't think that Bosch pays until you have the fix or buyout completed, or if you file a separate claim with Bosch. That filing date may have already passed though.

toneman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW
I don't think that Bosch pays until you have the fix or buyout completed, or if you file a separate claim with Bosch. That filing date may have already passed though.
I hadn't heard that before, but it makes sense with my situation. We received a check for our buyback JSW a couple months ago but none for our other JSW as I wait for 2018. thanks.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Aug. 15th is the deadline for making a Bosch claim if you opted out of the vw settlement. If you didn't opt out the deadline is Dec. 2019.

Last edited:

Q5TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Q5
E-mailed Bosch earlier this week (have a 2014 Q5 TDI and received half of my payment from the Audi dealer in early July):
-------
When will I receive my check? It has been nearly 2 months since I submitted my information (June 16).

Thank you.
-----------
Thank you for your correspondence.

Checks will be issued to claimants as we receive confirmation of eligibility and/or approval of their Bosch Settlement Claim, throughout the life of the case. Please be patient, as we cannot determine the status of an individual check before it has been issued. Please note that payments cannot be expedited.

If you submitted your Bosch Claim via the online claim portal, you can check the status of your submitted claim at any time by visiting www.BoschVWSettlement.com, and going to the Submit a Claim section. From there, you would enter your account login credentials from the upper right corner of the webpage.

Once logged on with your registered account, you would go to the Dashboard to view and even edit your submitted Bosch Settlement claim.

Regards,

Lisa N.,
Bosch Settlement
Claims Administrator

M

McCarthy

Jeez, I think the DOJ has more important things to worry about than a few impatient tdi owners. Relax people, you'll live longer.
DOJ is not involved in the Bosch settlement at all, so it's highly unlikely they'd care.

You are both wrong. I just got a call from the law firm Lieff, Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein. They represent VW owners in this class action lawsuit, in both cases, and they have been contacted by the DOJ because of my email to the DOJ.

They followed up with the BOSCH claims administrator. BOSCH now guaranteed that my check will be mailed by the end of this month.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Received formal offer from VW mid June, turned in the Passat in early July, got the check for it last Friday, just about a month later.

Not sure if people threatening the DOJ and the lawyers sped anything up but I'm sure it made people feel better.

M

McCarthy

My complaint to DOJ and the consequent promise from BOSCH to finally send payment this month worked out. Got my check today.

This will be my last post since I'm completely done with VW and this cheating mess. While most forgot how those 2 companies manipulated their customers, I didn't.

Oh don't worry, I stuck with a diesel. ‎A proper diesel this time around. 910 lb-ft of torque‎, 445 HP.

Good luck to ya'll.

Last edited:

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
Turned in Feb., no check here yet either.

Damn!!

My post would ask "How long - on average - between buyback and receipt of the Bosch stipend?

Quien sabe amigos...............

(One can only hope)

Buyback tomorrow. Replacement purchase 8/27 (last day of discounts at VW dealer in Elk Grove, CA.

Got an awesome deal

Hint: Awesome deal components.......OTD was $14337 (Tax. outrageous CA license plus dealer doc. fee included)..........

best,

ez

mejpassat

TDI
2015 Passat TDi (NOS), 2014 passat TDI (Buy back), 2001 Tdi Golf (Gifted to Son)
Paid

Well I turned my Passat in on July 20th and received the Bosch check today.
The whole deal from registration, buy back, and all funds seemed to go quickly.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
My complaint to DOJ and the consequent promise from BOSCH to finally send payment this month worked out. Got my check today.

This will be my last post since I'm completely done with VW and this cheating mess. While most forgot how those 2 companies manipulated their customers, I didn't.
Oh don't worry, I stuck with a diesel. ‎A proper diesel this time around. 910 lb-ft of torque‎, 445 HP.
Good luck to ya'll.
Awesome truck! 910 lb-ft torque? You could tow a mobile home with that. :)
I kept the Passant and gave it to my wife. I went with a Colorado with the I4 Duramax. Really like it.
And I did receive my check yesterday (8/28). $175.00
I guess the other half went to the first owner. Funny thing was I always deposit my checks at my banks ATM, but for whatever reason it would not take this check. I'll have to go inside the bank when they open.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking at the check it states:
This check may NOT be cashed at a check cashing agency or money service business.
Possibly the reason why my ATM rejected it when I tried to deposit. :confused:
I hate going inside a bank, but I guess I'll have to.

demagxc

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
I doubt that your complaint to the DOJ had anything to do with it. I got my check yesterday as well and never complained to anybody.

M

McCarthy

I doubt that your complaint to the DOJ had anything to do with it. I got my check yesterday as well and never complained to anybody.

What part of my post no 285 don't you understand? I'll copy&paste it for ya:

You are both wrong. I just got a call from the law firm Lieff, Cabraser Heimann & Bernstein. They represent VW owners in this class action lawsuit, in both cases, and they have been contacted by the DOJ because of my email to the DOJ.

They followed up with the BOSCH claims administrator. BOSCH now guaranteed that my check will be mailed by the end of this month.

Do you want the phone number from the attorney and ask him yourself if he was contacted by DOJ?

M

McCarthy

Awesome truck! 910 lb-ft torque? You could tow a mobile home with that. :)
I kept the Passant and gave it to my wife. I went with a Colorado with the I4 Duramax. Really like it.
And I did receive my check yesterday (8/28). $175.00
I guess the other half went to the first owner. Funny thing was I always deposit my checks at my banks ATM, but for whatever reason it would not take this check. I'll have to go inside the bank when they open.

Thanks. I thought about the small Duramax for a while but couldn't get over the price. At $40k plus the V8 wasn't that far away, considering that I got a $10k discount on mine.

The new Colorado has one huge advantage over the other GM trucks: it has a e-coated frame, while all other still come with this outdated, waxed frame.

Around my neck and the temps here, this wax comes off with every pressure washer, finger nail, twig, you name it. Underneath is blank metal.

Luckily I don't do any off-roading, and I'll keep an eye on it. If Ford would have a better reliability record I would have bought the new F250 Platinum with PowerStroke.

I didn't try the ATM, my Credit Union doesn't have an ATM that accepts checks. Well you can put them in an envelope and drop it in a box. :D Really backwards. But I get some interest on my money, no banking fees and up to $100k same day if I ever need some.

Enjoy your Dmax, that's a really nice truck. Probably the only one in the US that can get really decent MPGs.

Last edited:

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
The DOJ only forwarded an e-mail erroneously sent to them. They added no "clout".

M

McCarthy

The DOJ only forwarded an e-mail erroneously sent to them. They added no "clout".
False. I didn't know you were present when we talked on the phone. Do you enjoy spreading nonsense? Use Google and you will find the court documents, including the DOJ attorneys and their role in this entire case.

Anyways, pretty obvious there are some sour "know it all" around here. This is turning into a waste of time. I got my money, time to move on. Enjoy your TDI grieve.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Use Google and you will find the court documents, including the DOJ attorneys and their role in this entire case.
By all means, point to the court documents which identify the DOJ as a party to the Bosch settlement.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
The new Colorado has one huge advantage over the other GM trucks: it has a e-coated frame, while all other still come with this outdated, waxed frame....
Wow and thanks. Never knew that. Gen 2 Colorado/Canon are only vintage 2015 and newer, so I guess the new production line incorporated the new technology.
Now I have to ask a Bosh settlement question. The $175.00 I received as opposed to the $350.00. Was that because I am the 2nd owner or because I've only had phase one completed. (Gen 3 car)
I'll guess because I'm the second owner.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Thanks. I thought about the small Duramax for a while but couldn't get over the price. At $40k plus the V8 wasn't that far away, considering that I got a $10k discount on mine.
I'm in the same boat. Really want the baby dmax, but can get a full sized with the 5.3 l V8 at about the same price with the heavy duty towing package that pushes the rating to about 11K pounds. MSRP is around $46K but most dealers have about $10K off before we start pushing.

Last edited:

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm in the same boat. Really want the baby dmax, but can get a full sized with the 5.3 l V8 at about the same price with the heavy duty towing package that pushes the rating to about 11K pounds. MSRP is around $46K but most dealers have about $10K off before we start pushing.
I hear ya. I think I paid mid 30's for my Dmax Colorado. A full size with a discount would have been close in price, but I just did not want another full size truck. Actually I had a '99 F-150 extended cab and my new crew cab long box Colorado is every bit as big the full size Ford was.