Air Box Cover Torx Screws

cjmyers

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Hey guys, I was changing out my filter for my air box in my 2015 Jetta TDI today. I ended up dropping one of the screws that secure the the top of it onto the housing down underneath it. I'm looking online for a replacement and having a hard time finding one. The screw resembles the one below, but uses a torx bit instead of a phillips. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/screw/wht002087/

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I don't know, but maybe IDparts has one. Or, you could check a local recycled parts store (aka the junkyard), or even a local hardware store (gasp!). I'd go for the junkyard first.

Cheers,

PH

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
Well, first those screws don't come out, so I don't know how you dropped one. And since they don't come out they are typically not available by them selves.

I agree with @powder Hound - just stop by a pick and pull and grab a screw or two.

Jason

omahamike

TDI
2015 SEL
I did exactly the same thing when installing my Injen replacement intake kit! The whole underbelly is covered. so I just went inside and got a long handled magnet and carefully snaked it down to the skid plate and moved it around...and I got lucky!! The magnet found it!! But, if you've moved the car very far, chances are that it has moved, bit it is still in there. You COULD remove the whole under belly, but it would be much easier to take another screw out of the filter housing and take it along for comparison. Lowe's or Home Depot would probably be your best bet!!