Kill Stories... post em up!

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
this section seems kinda boring with not much action, so to jazz it up a bit, post up your kill stories of what you have raced. it doesn't matter where, it can be anything like on the street,track,or on the highway, idc just post it up!:D :D

VEGASTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
You wrote "idc" and since my Jetta barely gets out of its own way...here you go:

My kid is driving the '06 Mustang GT to work the other morning at around 5:30a.m.

He lines up with Hemi Charger and they both eyeball each other....light turns green and Charger lights 'em up.........by 2nd gear the kid and Mustang blow by him and kid lets off at around 100.

Charger pulls up behind him and flashes the red and blue lights at the upper corners of windshield

Kid pulls over, rolls down window, cop pulls to the side of the stang and says with a big grin on his face, "You really shouldn't be doing that." and drives off

No need for the street racing lectures.........I told the little sheet if he gets thrown in jail, he stays untill arraignment or trial.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
1999.5 Golf TDI Vs. 2006 Suz Areeeeo... now where did that pesky buzz-box car go? oh... he's just now coming out of the intersection...

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
I've got one...

2006 Saturn Ion (145 bhp according to stock specs found on the internet) -vs- Me (Unknown hp. Supposedly RC1 but with 25 psi boost and a good amount of black smoke...dyno coming soon.)

My friend had just purchased the Saturn about a month earlier and we were on our way to her apartment. It was late at night and we just happened to catch a light as it changed to red. I normally don't street race and she isn't the racing type, but since we were surrounded by pretty much empty street I pulled into the next lane and gave her "the nod". She smiled and I knew it was on... The light changed and I launched at about 1500 rpm. We both spun a little, me more than her because of my brand spankin' new tires, and she jumped ahead. I hit second and started pulling on her, third and it was all over. We shut it down at 60 mph with her nose at my rear bumper.:D

I realize that I most likely didn't beat the car, just the driver. The Ion is a 5 speed so maybe she missed a shift or something...but it was still fun to rub it in a little bit. "You just got dusted by a diesel...";)

ta79pr

Veteran Member
TDI
02 TTQ (BEW)
I was in my 92 GT at a tollbooth and at the toll next to me (this was a while back before ezpass, you had to toss in the coins and wait for the gate to go up) was a bright yellow Honda CRX, he had black windows so I couldnt see him. He started just spinning his wheels waiting for the toll box to process the coin and lift the gate, I figured no way is this CRX gonna play hard with me in my big engine Mustang, so our gates go up together and we both floor it. He must have had NOS or something, as I didnt miss a shift or peel out for too long. He was just gone, like warp speed gone, I was completely dumbfounded. I like to tell myself with his gearing/setup vs. mine I would have won out on a highway stretch at higher speeds, but from 0-60 I might as well been on a bicycle.

dabear95

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS, Silver
I don't really have any kill stories... But if I ever get the chance to run my sister in laws 2005 Aveo I know I will lay down a viscous, err I will OWN that thing. :D

Jason

fishmando

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta 5 spd
Well... I have been smoked by my buddies R32 and my other friends 1.8t... They both have many mods so I never really stand a chance...

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Hmmm, where to begin ....

Okay first of all, I've only had one race since installing the vnt20 (and it wasn't fully software-tuned - only 210hp!) and it was against a brand new Acura TL which boasts a 3.5L 6cyl with 290hp. He was tailgaiting me on the highway at 100kph (60mph) so I moved over and let him pass, then slid onto his bumper to draft him. He didn't like the taste of his own medicine so he stomped on it but I was anticipating this and had down-shifted into 4th and merely had to hit the "go" pedal to keep up with him and I started to "reel him in". He let off at about 145kph (90mph) once I was beside him and then I flew past him.

I have had other "kills" prior to the vnt20 install. These include:

- '01 Camaro V6 (200hp)
- '03 VR6 Jetta Wagon (stock)
- '04 1.8T Golf (stock w/exhaust and suspension)
- '00 Honda Prelude SI (supposedly chipped to 210hp)
- mid-90's MB E400 (4.2 V8 I think)
- '94 Mustang 5.0 (around 200-225hp)

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
poochie, with rc1, i highly doubt you are getting 25psi... (god i hope not!! stage1 PD is ~17) what are you doing trying to race saturns?? let alone women drivers in saturns? ;) and she nearly beat you!

also, you have a "jetta", not a "bora" ;)

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
Now now...

burpod-

JasonTDI has driven my car and KNOWS it has boost higher than it should be...dunno if he actually witnessed the 25 psi, but I'm sure he'd agree that it is possible on mine if it was pushed hard. I wasn't actually there when Jeff chipped it, I was in New Orleans and my brother had to take it to TDIFest '05, so I don't know details of the tune.:D

As for racing women in Saturns...:D I absolutely agree with you and I never would have even thought about it if we didn't know each other. It was a "just for fun" kinda thing- a race between my diesel and a car that I was sure had more power than I did. Like I said- I beat the driver, not the car. Even though I DID almost lose, nonetheless...:eek: Thank you for reiterating....:(

Of course I know I don't have a real "Bora"... I got rear-ended about 6 months after I bought the car and took the opportunity to change the lettering on the trunk lid. Everyone just knows my car as "The Bora" so that's what I call it. I'll fix my sig to clarify...:cool:

Scott

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
:(.... it's all good :) though i would try and figure out what's wrong with the boost before racing anymore :) normally, the PDs seem to be very good with regulating the boost with the rc tuning, so i'm not sure what could be the issue.

PoochiePD

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Tempest Blue Jetta
It only goes that high if I REALLY get into it in gears above 2nd, otherwise it jumps to 20 and settles at about 18 if it gets about 75% throttle, less with less throttle. It did bother me at first, but I'm not too worried about it anymore. I've been driving with high boost like that for over a year now and if all goes well, this summer will bring another tuning session, among other things, so it will be remedied...;)

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
My dad's '78 Rabbit Diesel - or why those cars had a 88 MPH top speed limit

My dad got me off to a proper start in life and bought this Dakota Sand ( yes, that was the official name to the color of the car ) VW Diesel Rabbit, 78 Model Year. Manually Tranny btw.

One night about 1981, I decide to see why the manual said it had a top speed of 88 MPH. So I get it out on the Lake Ontario State Parkway which at that time wasn't really patrolled because it didn't connect to any other major highway ( it is connected now to Interstate 390 ).

I easily get the car up to about 88 MPH and I'm crusing along wondering why the car can't go faster.

All of a sudden, I look out the back and sparks are flying all over the place. And I mean ALL OVER - they were flying out the back! Being the middle of the night, I was afraid I'd get pulled over by the cops if they saw it!

Thinking I had toasted the car, I slowed it down and gingerly drove it home and PRAYED that the car wasn't damaged ( it wasn't ).

Years later, I'm buying a GTI (my first car). I finally asked the techs why the car sparked - it turns out the cause was incomplete combustion. Here I was thinking I had ruined the car and all I did was send out partially burnt fuel! That was the reason for the top speed - the car couldn't physically handle the speed. I think they also geared the car way too low, it had great acceleration for a non-turbo diesel, but a top speed of 88 ???

Glad to see VW finally broke the "back to the future" barrier.

woofie2

Veteran Member
TDI
Former TDI owner
Kills?

humm, I have a number of Trucks, and mustangs (5.0's must not have any torque, they always hit the rev limiter), Honda DelSol, Buick Roadmaster, every punk kid in a Neon,
05 Mustang GT he had been following me for ~20 miles along the river road, I was walking away from him through the corners, but he was getting squirrely. when we got to the interstate he pulled along side, blipped the throttle twice, I down shifted to fourth and pulled away (75-~100 and he backed off)

Losses, but looking for a rematch-
Mustang SVT, Subaru WRX, Jetta TDI(he has modded it but I can never track him down to say hi) and Corvette (not sure if they were toying with me or what but they were before rocket chip and Kerma were inserted into my car)

my prize kill (on the side of the road dead) was not in my TDI, but my 85 Golf gasser, a kid in a brand new SRT-4 (less than 400 miles on it) thought he wanted to race, so I let her rip, he blew the engine at 60'.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
BMW Mini

I got killed by a BMW mini in roll-on acceleration from 75-95 mph. Neithr of us downshifted and he killed the Tdi.

Come to think of it, my car gets killed by plymouth Voyagers and fifteen year old Pontiacs. :eek:

turbobuilder

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora, 2001, Custom mix silver
I don't normally street race, and I feel speed shound be left on the track, but I was driving home very late about 2am and an ice hole in a Cayane S was tailgating me. We were on city streets and as soon as we got on the highway it was on. There is a hill that is about 1/2 mile going up than back down. When we crested the hill I had him by a length at around 100mph. At the bottom of the hill there is a traffic light, he caught me there and we were at 130. Thats when the 4 piston brembos all around went on. I think it then turned into a braking contest in which I was the clear winner. Crazy. That was the first and probably the last time I'll do that. I think if we had kept going the Cayane would have taken me for sure.

mickyTDI

Veteran Member
I beat a nissan skyline (215bhp version), took speeds of 130mph in 6th to pass him and the owner wasnt pleased, Also kept an even gap with a 98 evo v (260-276 ish bhp 4wd) to 140mph( even though it had better throttle response and was hard work), all done on an autobahn visit to germany. Im running 220bhp and over 300lbft torque.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
mickyTDI said:
I beat a nissan skyline (215bhp version), took speeds of 130mph in 6th to pass him and the owner wasnt pleased, Also kept an even gap with a 98 evo v (260-276 ish bhp 4wd) to 140mph( even though it had better throttle response and was hard work), all done on an autobahn visit to germany. Im running 220bhp and over 300lbft torque.

I bet he wasn't Micky.........i did the same with an sti along the leeds ring road...keep up that is......and when we met up he said "nippy little thing that"...:D ......yeh right.

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
mickyTDI said:
those evo's are pretty quick, i'm proud u could hang with one! any videos of these races:D

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
nicklockard said:
I got killed by a BMW mini in roll-on acceleration from 75-95 mph. Neithr of us downshifted and he killed the Tdi.

Come to think of it, my car gets killed by plymouth Voyagers and fifteen year old Pontiacs. :eek:
Cooper or Cooper S?

I test drove a 2001 Cooper...OMG sweeet car.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
They are light, have decent torque and nice gearing.

Put a TDI in one of those....:)

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
bhtooefr said:
2500 pounds isn't light. ;)
How's come Coopers are quick then eh? Compared to my portly A4 Jetta it is light. They're 2300 lbs too, the 2001s. 25% lighter.

bhtooefr

TDIClub Enthusiast, ToofTek Inventor
TDI
None
For a car that has had it's own EPA size class that's smaller than subcompact created due to being so small (the minicompact class), it's heavy. ;)

GuyGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Comfortline DSG
Driving home one night after teaching, one highway merges with another and people can easily take the ramp at 100kms/h, so as i'm passing this onramp an 03-04 mustang V6 is coming on and we both pretty much stomped on it at the same time, we were both doing about 110-115, i left it in fifth while i heard his automatic kickdown into second and boy did he make it screen but i pulled ahead up to about 160 then backed off. he slowed down and stayed behind me for a while I guess to take the time to read the POWERED BY VEGETABLE OIL sicker on the back then guned it and flew by me.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Scion xA

The Jetta got killed by a Scion xA last night in a stoplight race.