EGR Delete

hwork1

TDI
2002 Bug TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2013 Touareg TDI, 2001 Cummins, 2006 Cummins, 2013 f250, 2015 Duramax, 2018 f250
If I am doing this properly I need to introduce myself first being new to the forum. I am currently a diesel fan, however it has mostly been Powerstroke when it comes to mods (more than willing to help with those ;). I currently have a 2013 Touareg TDi with 55,000 miles on it and just recently had the emission recall complete. Not happy with the outcome I have decided to make this car an “off-road” compliant car. The Raw tech went smooth and the Malone stage II went easy. However the block off plates I purchased for the EGR were for the “hot” side of the system. I was unable to get the bolts off the plate without risking breaking the turbo bolts. I went ahead and custom made a plate for the “cold” side. Does anyone see any issues with this? In pickup world, I have read about guys doing this with no issues.
I understand I am new to the forum, however to pay it forward I will upload vids and MPG numbers as well as PM anyone who is interested in building a off road’er.
Thanks in advance.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
as long as its blocked off, it will work, get some acetone and AFT 1:1 ratio, soak the bolts over night with a healthy dose, hit it with some heat and send an impact to it if you can. or hit the wrench with a hammer, works like a charm 1:1 ATF and acetone is a god send. I would get the hot side blocked off if you can!

1.4TDI PD

TDI
2.5TDI V6, 3.3TDI V8,3.0TDI V6,1.9TDI PD100
it"s true 1:1 ATF and Acetone does work very well i had a couple of bolts seized and the only way i got them out was with this mix of atf and acetone so you should really try this first and if it doesn"t work then you can block off the cold side.

hwork1

TDI
2002 Bug TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI, 2013 Touareg TDI, 2001 Cummins, 2006 Cummins, 2013 f250, 2015 Duramax, 2018 f250
Thanks. I will try and get it off there. Going to drive it a little more. Have both sets of plates.

hwork1

TDI
Got it out today and first indications are more power. Not as much as 3/4 tonn diesel pickups when they get deleted however it is more than stock and much more than post emissions mod. I am working to get on dyno soon, will update when have solid numbers. Will reset fuel mileage after next fill up and get true hand calculations. At WOT she will puff a little coal ;).

Most impressive aspect of the delete is the quality of the emissions equipment. Stainless all the way.

Burnt

TDI
A7
Did you also have to do a DPF removal with EGR delete? I heard those DPFs get clogged wayyy faster.

I'm interested to see your numbers. I have an Audi A7 that is going to get fixed soon, looking for options to bring it back after I get paid. Thinking Malone stage 2 with EGR delete, DPF delete and larger down pipes. Going to have to find an A7 TDI downpipe though :confused:

hwork1

TDI
I did do the DPF / EGR delete.

First impressions are this baby is a rocket....

Has a low grunt sound over 2000 RPM.

Fuel mileage is up a solid 4.2 MPG hand Calc over original VW program. After the new and improved emissions upgrade I am 6.5 MPG better. Overall once I quit doing boost launches and rolling coal, I think I will land about 5 MPG overall better than original VW programming.

No CEL’s and seems to be running well. Warm ups definitely take a lot longer, will remind you of old school diesel. Happy with the tune as I plan to keep this car for the long haul. Will be doing oil analysis after next change. Assuming it will be clean after third round like the pickups I have deleted.

Cheers and happy “off roading”

Yamajet

TDI
Jetta, Touareg
Are the egr block plates necessary? I thought it was tuned out and closed by the tune?

GearGuy2014

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
On the engine side you have to close off the exhaust port (on the header) and on the intake side you are blocking off where the EGR connects back to the intake. So yes you do need the block off plates.

BoilerBrad

TDI
2013 Touareg Sport
Following. I ordered the Rawtek pipes which should arrive on Tuesday. Did you have any problems getting the old pipes off? I'll have to keep the acetone mix in mind.

How involved is the egr delete? I have been asking around if a local shop will install this stuff for me since i don't have a lift or impact or anything like that. I have yet to find one that will do it. (Indianapolis)

hwork1

TDI
Following. I ordered the Rawtek pipes which should arrive on Tuesday. Did you have any problems getting the old pipes off? I'll have to keep the acetone mix in mind.
How involved is the egr delete? I have been asking around if a local shop will install this stuff for me since i don't have a lift or impact or anything like that. I have yet to find one that will do it. (Indianapolis)

I’ll try and post some pics tomorrow.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I have been asking around if a local shop will install this stuff for me since i don't have a lift or impact or anything like that. I have yet to find one that will do it. (Indianapolis)
Because it is illegal and they can be held accountable. They have a lot more to lose than you do personally. Their business could be at stake if caught tampering with emissions equipment.

BoilerBrad

TDI
2013 Touareg Sport
Because it is illegal and they can be held accountable. They have a lot more to lose than you do personally. Their business could be at stake if caught tampering with emissions equipment.
Found a guy that took care of it in about an hour and a half. I installed the software and was on my way... almost 8 months ago.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
Found a guy that took care of it in about an hour and a half. I installed the software and was on my way... almost 8 months ago.
There is always a guy that is willing to break the law because he can profit from it. This forum is full of them.:p