Official Spotted thread

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
from time to time, I run across TDI's on my commute... it would be nice to see if these folks are on this forum. so post your sightings.

Last edited:

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
I see all kinds of TDIs on my commute. I very rarely run into any forum members on the road, though...and I'm usually on the 401/400. I see Bill on the road from time to time, but he doesn't work far from me. I see a silver Jetta wagon every once in a while. The gentleman who's driving is, um, smooth up top, and the car is obviously modded. But other than that, it's a crapshoot.

I have plate frames to designate me being on here. So far I've never had anyone wave.

kevinb

TDI
'01 Baltic Green Jetta
Black golf southbound 400 on saturday at around 5pm. Red TDI badge. I went east on the 407, you went west. Are you a member?

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Any one here drives the Hwy 9 est bound t 7-8 am? Or west bound and 4-5 pm?

I see and pass a lot of TDI's, none waving or flashing :(

As John said, I have my TDICLUB plate frames. But no one seems to acknowledge that :)

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
I go both west and east bound on Hwy 9 but usually take the bypass in orangeville, and I only travel most often on the weekend to go to my parents.

I see the odd TDI on the 115 but again none wave.

I heard what seemed like a mad silver golf TDI last summer, but haven't seem it since.

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
Redneck i was in peterborough a week or 2 ago...my dad lives up there.
I didn't even notice any dubs at all :( stupid hondas and cavqueers

Torontovento>> did you go to the GTG on friday? my girlfriend lives in King city...i'll be up there this week should meet us at the timmies on yonge near 7

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
if there is someone on here that drives the QEW in the morning from Grimsby to Burlington or beyond and then returns the same route in the afternoon, a guy I work with advises you not to weave in and out of traffic, while glued to the phone and then brake heavily in front of transport trucks. I said "we" do not do that but some folks are tarnishing our image! I am sure Pete (OhMagoo) would agree there are some idiots out there driving TDIs like they are 5L Mustangs!

RichDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Jetta
TDIFred said:
...there are some idiots out there driving TDIs like they are 5L Mustangs!
Its not just TDIs that get driven like 5L's. Its also the parents in the mini vans, with the kids in the back, that pass me on the 401 doing 140-150. Unreal. I could get into awhole rant about it, but thats not what this thread is for.

kennster

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI(RIP), 2011 Jetta TDI Highline(RIP),2015 Passat TDI Highline
if you see a long haired blonde guy in a silver jetta.....and your a woman.......flash him......if your a male.....lead him to your watering hole for a beer....cheers

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I have seen a couple of TDIClub plate frames, one specifically on a black Golf TDI at the Price Chopper plaza at Dundas and Hespeler Road (The Delta) in Cambridge and then again northbound on Hwy 24, Hespeler Road. The other one is on my car...a blue lagoon Jetta TDI seen on the daily commute from Cambridge to Burlington with the city lights on :)

auto_tech

Vendor
TDI
SOLD - 2001 Jetta blue; 2016 Jetta 1.4TSI 5spd
I see quite a few TDI's in the Bobcaygeon area and on County Road 17, but not sure if any are on the forums? I do go to Peterpatch now and then and see quite a few TDI's out there too. Still haven't noticed Redneck yet tho :) I'm in a very stock looking '01 Blue Jetta (very rare, I know)

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
wakeboarder_shawn said:
passed a black jetta this morning southbound on the 400. Had TDIclub licence plate and TDIclub stickers. I waved but not sure if you saw me
That was me, and I did see you! You flashed your 4 ways at me, and I returned the wave with the headlights.

My TDI Club license plate is actually just a sticker on my plate cover though:p

I was moving slowly today! Your car looked good :)

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
i wanna see someone or someone see me lol

Silver 4 door golf with 17x9's poking way out, you will recognize it :)

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta PD150, 98 Jetta TDI
You may see a Silver TDI with BBS RC wheels and GLI valanaces in the toronto area almost every day. always down there. also always on the 400 and highway nine. working on gettin my tdiclub sticker on:D

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
VwPodRacer said:
You may see a Silver TDI with BBS RC wheels and GLI valanaces in the toronto area almost every day. always down there. also always on the 400 and highway nine. working on gettin my tdiclub sticker on:D

Think I saw this one last week 400 and Finch.

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
i was around there yes. where my grandparents live. got 2 stickers on the rear door windows that say friend of fast.:D always around the vaughan area

VwPodRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
but yet to come side by side at the lights with a fellow tdi memeber and have some fun if you know what i mean:rolleyes:

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Diezel Dub...that Timmies is right near me, but I've got a b-day dinner thing to go to this Friday. I don't think I've ever gone out to the general VW club meets, other than once for an MKIII photo-shoot (my old car).

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
Peter, do you know who owns the TDI at the Sunoco on Dunlop? gli valences, german tdi badge, looks to be lowerd on GLI springs..

I dunno if he is a member, but I see that car everytime I fill up..

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
LNXGUY said:
Peter, do you know who owns the TDI at the Sunoco on Dunlop? gli valences, german tdi badge, looks to be lowerd on GLI springs..

I dunno if he is a member, but I see that car everytime I fill up..

Reflex silver one Bill? blacked out centre pillars?
and yes, it's dropped a bit, but Eibachs, not GLI's, with an autotech RSB
Yeah I do...it's mine

Last edited:

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
VwPodRacer said:
so you got the pillers done now magoo?
Just a vinyl overlay. I still need to do the front valance too. Was pondering GLI or 4 motion lip, but I think I'll just get the stock one body matched. With the snow and road conditions, I want as hassle and maintenance free as possible. Plus I got a daughter who starts driving this summer :rolleyes:

And this car will be done then...no more mods. (so he says pondering a W8 console and NB sunglass holder(thank goodness I don't have a readily available source for these))

Last edited:

wakeboarder_shawn

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI Highline
OhMagoo said:
Just a vinyl overlay. I still need to do the front valance too. Was pondering GLI or 4 motion lip, but I think I'll just get the stock one body matched. With the snow and road conditions, I want as hassle and maintenance free as possible. Plus I got a daughter who starts driving this summer :rolleyes:

And this car will be done then...no more mods. (so he says pondering a W8 console and NB sunglass holder(thank goodness I don't have a readily available source for these))
I thought bill said you had GLI valance. Are you saying your are getting rid of your GLI lip?

If so let me know, I'll buy it off you