2015 Passat TDI ECU Questions

jhl

TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI DSG
Hi all,

I am new here and am thankful for all of the archived information that members have posted. I did a significant amount of research here and on VWVortex. I made a few phone calls a week ago to various tuning companies seeking advice on how to preserve the flash count on the stock ECU and followed their advice. I have had this done on a 2013 ECU in the past with success.

So, I purchased a compatible spare ECU for my Passat based upon that research and was going to have the immobilizer defeat done in order to eventually load a tune onto it. I chose to go this route in order to preserve the flash count on the original ECU due to the extended TDI warranty possibly being voided.

Now that I have the ECU and was getting ready to ship it to a company, said company now states that they cannot conduct the immobilizer defeat on the 2015 Passat TDI ECU.:confused:

Is there another way to accomplish this? Can this ECU be cloned? If so, who besides a dealership can do this?

Thank you in advance for any information.

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I BELIEVE once you get the immobilizer paired on the spare ECU, there should be no problem swapping back and forth between ECU's.

I'm not 100% sure on this, so maybe someone else can chime in.

jhl

TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI DSG
Thank you for the reply.

How would I accomplish the pairing?

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I believe the '15 Passat ECU is MQB based (i could be wrong), so that adds a whole new layer via Component protection. VW has smartened up on the ways people have tricked them in the the past.

This sounds like a lot of work to fool VW. Best of luck fraudulently scamming VWoA (nothing like scamming a scammer ;)).

Last edited:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I believe the '15 Passat ECU is MQB based (i could be wrong), so that adds a whole new layer via Component protection. VW has smartened up on the ways people have tricked them in the the past.

This sounds like a lot of work to fool VW. Best of luck fraudulently scamming VWoA (nothing like scamming a scammer ;)).
I dont believe anything on the 2015 is MQB based.

I believe that started as of 2016 when they started using the newer radio.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
EA288 is MQB based and they just took a hammer to make it fit the NMS.