Fog lights blowing fuse in new 2005 passat

VennDeeXull

TDI
Passat, 2005, Black
Hello all. I just purchased a new 2005 passat TDI for my wife 2 days ago. So far we both really like the car, however the first time I turned on the fog lights, they worked for about 20 minutes and then blew the fuse. I replaced the fuse hoping it was just a fluke and the new one blew as soon as I turned them on again. Very frustrating for a car we'd owned for 12 hours. Has anyone else experienced this at all? I did some searches on the forums but didn't find any similar experiences.
Thanks.

leobg

Veteran Member
TDI
passat 2004 black
If the second one blew right away - there must be short circuit developed or something like this. My best suggestion is to have the dealer check it. It will be done under warranty and will not cost you anything but some time wasted at the dealership. I know it is very frustrating for a 1 day old car but...

DRbillZ

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, Jetta, one totaled Passat....RIP.
could just be a wire with a bad insulation grounding out. Take it in and get a loaner. Think of it as saving miles on your car and using someone else's for free.

mkeller

TDI
Passat, 2005, Graphite Blue
I had a similar problem. But my fog lights did not work from the start. Took it in a week after delivery and had the dealer take a look at it. They were all set to remove the entire bumper looking for a short when they determined it was the fuse. They replaced the fuse and I have not had a problem since.