2014 jetta tdi trendline plus, one horn or two?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Can't seem to find any info if on the last mk6 in trendline plus trim, if there is one or two horns...my buddy's 2014 jetta horn stopped working, fuses are fine and you can hear the relay click when pressing the horn, so I went looking for the horns and only found one which turns out to be on the passenger side near the washer bottle tank and is a low note.... I didn't see any other horn, albeit I didn't take the bumper off. Just want to know if it's hidden somewhere in case it is dual horn, although i'm suspecting it's not

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Was as easy as it gets. Horn is on the passenger side just under the washer fluid tank. Just take the belly cover off, 4 screws from the bumper and you can easily move the bumper and access the horn bracket. The horn is just held on with a 13mm bolt, easy to reach with an extension. The hella kit comes with 2 horns, one 400hz and one 500hz. My buddy opted for the 400, or I guess you'd call that the low tone, and it sounds like a proper horn, and now he has a spare horn in case this one ever fails... 35 bucks next day shipping off amazon, gotta love it...

Last edited:

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
Ah! I was thinking of installing both, as a dual-tone makes a more pleasing sound... so I don't know how easy two could fit in that location, and wired up too.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Ah! I was thinking of installing both, as a dual-tone makes a more pleasing sound... so I don't know how easy two could fit in that location, and wired up too.
Fitting shouldn't be hard, there is room, but I have no idea on the wiring. I'm sure it's not hard though, I've done some wiring on my mk4 and it's not as bad as it seems at first