Acceleration hesitation

HkyTDiGuy

TDI
2001 Golf GL TDi Reflex Silver w/ blk int
Taking my car in tomorrow for a checkup - for the past several thousand miles, when accelerating moderately hard, it feels as though the car is stumbling slightly, and the acceleration drops off noticeably. The turbo sounds as though it's spooling normally. It reminds me of when I used to borrow my old employer's Freightliner FL70's, and the governor would shut off the fuel at 75 mph. Does this sound like the MAF sensor or a clogged intake (I haven't looked)? The dealer asked me if any (idiot) lights had come on - none yet. Any opinions will be appreciated. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

cage

Top Post Dawg
What year how many miles? My car stumbled at light throttle when the EGR was in need of cleaning. I think the EGR valve was hanging up slightly causing uneven light throttle response.

jxpfeer

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver Jetta GLS, lux
could be egr, could be maf... don't be suprised, maf's have been known to fail pretty early /images/graemlins/smile.gif at least if it's MAF, it should be under the extended warranty (if you're under 70k miles)

HkyTDiGuy

TDI
2001 Golf GL TDi Reflex Silver w/ blk int
Sorry to not reply sooner guys. It was the MAF sensor. The car is running great again. 28,000 miles, by the way.