Offer Letter Just Received

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
I just got my offer letter around 30 mins ago. Planning to sign/notarize and upload this evening. We will see how long it takes to get a date!

nattyboh2027

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta
I just got my offer letter around 30 mins ago. Planning to sign/notarize and upload this evening. We will see how long it takes to get a date!
Awesome! Definalty keep this thread updated on how long the turnover time is for them to approve your notarized offer and schedule you a buyback appt.

dmcdon2851

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 VW Passat TDI SEL Premium
My acceptance signatures (two) and notarization were uploaded back to them on Friday at 2 PM and I still have not heard anything back yet on a turn in date. Mine is a clean buyback with no loan.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Reflex Silver JSW TDI - 17" Anthracite Goals and 2014 Reflex Silver Golf TDI
So was mine. I am still waiting for the offer letter on my gold which had a loan.

Rooman

TDI
Jetta wagen
Is your car paid in full or is there a bank note on it?

Itzed

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
How did your letter come, UPS? I got a notification from UPS yesterday that something's coming today and I don't know what it is.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
Letter comes via email with instructions to log onto the claims portal and print it out.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
My update states I should be hearing with an offer within 10 days.
Their "10 days" seems to be rather flexible. Some of the folks on the phone are now telling people that 20 business days (i.e. 4 weeks) is more realistic. I have no doubt it depends on which queue you are stuck in, as there are several.

I am 5 days into my "10 day" wait for the offer letter. While it would be nice if the thing came later today, I wouldn't bet any money on it.

MrWrench

TDI
2014 Jetta premium/nav
I wouldn't be surprised if it took up to 20 business days to get an offer letter.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
I am now just wondering how long before I can schedule a date, and also when I will get an offer for my Golf which has a loan on it.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Got my offer letter for my 2012 Passat on Friday November 4 at about 2:30PM . I no longer own the car (sold the week after the scandal broke) and am an eligible seller. I printed, notarized and uploaded the same day (albeit after 5PM EST). Fortunately for this one, there is no turn in to process so hope it goes quickly. I selected to get EFT transfer and they are still reviewing my upload. Still waiting on my 13 JSW...

IIRC, the paperwork was accepted early in September for my Passat and the JSW was accepted about 4 days later so hoping to get an offer letter for my JSW soon. Really don't want to make another payment on it (VW Credit) especially since it has been parked for the last few weeks.

OatBunch

TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
Their "10 days" seems to be rather flexible. Some of the folks on the phone are now telling people that 20 business days (i.e. 4 weeks) is more realistic. I have no doubt it depends on which queue you are stuck in, as there are several.

I am 5 days into my "10 day" wait for the offer letter. While it would be nice if the thing came later today, I wouldn't bet any money on it.
I am at 10 days (from the court date, 15 from docs accepted) today and I have not seen anything. Docs uploaded 9/17, and accepted 10/18, 2 owners, title in hand. Hopefully they are not too far behind the "deadlines", but I would hope they can get the offer to me this week.

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Well I got a response back. Not the response I wanted though.. Said the it wasn't notarized properly. Couldn't read the state or the notary's name... Word to the wise, be sure to have the notary put the seal on the top right in the blank area and smudge the seal good so it can be read clearly... And they want a fresh print and notarization in my case... Grrr, one more thing on my plate tomorrow of endless things to do...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
That's too bad! I had my notary use an ink stamp, and the raised seal. The Ink stamp is very clear, and you can see the seal also. Hopefully that works for them!

Diesel_Mike

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI W/Nav
I just received my offer letter on my 2011 VW Jetta with 77,000. Offer is for $18,706.45.
Signed and just down loaded for next step.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Finally, the offer was rejected! I had to download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat DC to get them combined in one file. Uploaded and awaiting appointment date email now. :cool:

Hope it doesn't take another five days. :(

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Finally, the offer was rejected! I had to download a trial version of Adobe Acrobat DC to get them combined in one file. Uploaded and awaiting appointment date email now. :cool:

Hope it doesn't take another five days. :(
Another option for getting that multi-page PDF is that there is a "print to PDF" thing that you can use. You can put together a document of sorts, paste one image per page, and when you hit print, it creates a PDF file to your local disk which you can then upload. The one I have used in the past is called CutePDF.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
Another option for getting that multi-page PDF is that there is a "print to PDF" thing that you can use. You can put together a document of sorts, paste one image per page, and when you hit print, it creates a PDF file to your local disk which you can then upload. The one I have used in the past is called CutePDF.
Thanks, there was a bunch of freeware online too, but it looked shady.

I figured a 30 day free trial was perfect for my needs as I will likely never use it again.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
My cheapo under $100 Canon flat bed scanner automatically creates multi page pdf files. You just keep scanning, page after page, until they are all scanned, click on the job completed button, and you get one pdf file with all the pages.

Its money well spent, and connects with a USB port.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
My cheapo under $100 Canon flat bed scanner automatically creates multi page pdf files. You just keep scanning, page after page, until they are all scanned, click on the job completed button, and you get one pdf file with all the pages.
The march of technology is quite staggering. We recently purchased a new Canon all-in-one for $100. The next day we took two printers/all-in-ones to the recycle station. They had each cost around $500 dollars.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
The march of technology is quite staggering. We recently purchased a new Canon all-in-one for $100. The next day we took two printers/all-in-ones to the recycle station. They had each cost around $500 dollars.
The problem is that they practically give away the printers knowing that you are then stuck paying for expensive ink cartridges. There are some models which cost a little more, but the ink cartridges have a huge capacity and some are refillable.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
They have phone scan apps now, physical scanners are dinosaurs except for the few people like realtors who use them all the time.

avid

TDI
2010 Jetta
The problem is that they practically give away the printers knowing that you are then stuck paying for expensive ink cartridges. There are some models which cost a little more, but the ink cartridges have a huge capacity and some are refillable.
We threw in the towel and purchased a B/W laser. Way past done with the inkjet cartridge treadmill. If you do a lot of color printing the Epson Inktank would probably be the way to go.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
We bought a color laser a couple of years back (networked, duplexing, color laser printer for $200? Sign me up!), but still keep an old all-in-one around for when we want a flatbed scanner (I bought a Fujtsu ScanSnap last year for the sheet-feed scanning, and it works very nicely, but it's not the best thing to scan in a passport). I do have one of the scan apps on my phone, and it works OK, but a proper scanner seems to produce much better results.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
Still waiting for completed offer to be approved. Not sure how long it will take but I was hoping for 5 days like some others have seen. Still no offer received for my Golf which has a loan on it.

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Hello I'm from L.A. I haven't seen to many people around here getting final approval letters from this part of the country. I uploaded my documents Sep 19 and got my documents approved/eligible for buyback Oct 12. Just called claims and asked why the hold up for final offer it's been over 10 business days lady said everything on my package has been verified and approved final offer letter will be going out any day. They have a big backlog and there trying to move as fast as they can. So anyone from LA if you've been waiting as long as I have you should be getting final offer soon. Have to admit they picked up the phone call very quick like in 5 minutes not much waiting at all.

j1mbo

Veteran Member
TDI
Got Offer accepted email this afternoon. I was able to schedule Dec 1 at my closest dealer (Darcars Silver Spring) but oddly was not even able to search for my next closest dealer- Ourisman VW of Bethesda.