Response from VW today

BPofMD

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SE
Maybe it's a Texas thing but on every car note I have ever had the lender has signed the title indicating a release of lien. I'll certainly be on the lookout for a request for additional documentation.
Maryland has a separate PINK colored form that looks just like the regular title but it says on it "THIS IS NOT A TITLE" but there is a place on it where the secured holder (lien-holder) signs and dates the release. Every states has it's own crap, eh?

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
Maryland has a separate PINK colored form that looks just like the regular title but it says on it "THIS IS NOT A TITLE" but there is a place on it where the secured holder (lien-holder) signs and dates the release. Every states has it's own crap, eh?
No doubt this is a complicating factor. My car originally had a loan that I paid off in August, so it has a stamp on it that says that the lien has been removed.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Please share whatever you find out. Thanks.
So after almost 4 hours, I get a call back. I was in my car driving so I did not have my reference number etc for my case. I explain the situation and the rep on the phone starts talking about something totally different.

I then explain it a second time, and she understood it a little bit better this time. However, even though I explained that their web app on the portal told me I should add a co-registrant by clicking ACCOUNT, she said the only way to fix this is to reset my account and/or registration (I was not quite clear on what she was saying). I declined at the moment as I did not have my registration reference etc in my car and I want to call back and talk to a higher level of intelligence there (if such exists) at a higher response level (manager).

Their dang portal says I should be able to add a co-registrant!

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
I never got a notice to upload documents. It was only by happenstance that I logged into the site last week and noticed that they're now requesting copies of my drivers license and registration. I uploaded those on Saturday and am now waiting.
Yeah I'm with you there. I went onto my account last night and just poked around a bit. I don't know what I was looking for, but i figured ***. So I log in and they ask for my license, registration, and lending institution. Things they didn't ask for before. I got my reference number in mid august with an estimated date of Nov 1. I don't know how long they've been waiting for these docs, however, I REALLY hope it doesn't put me to the back of the buyback line now. Sigh.

Airpizz6

Veteran Member
TDI
Now TDI-free, but there now is a 15 MB E250 BT in the driveway
Well that accomplished a lot. Will be another episode if not many before this is concluded. Wonder what the qualifications were for these folks?

And you did this while driving. Hope it was hands free. Regardless congrats for not having an accident.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Well that accomplished a lot. Will be another episode if not many before this is concluded. Wonder what the qualifications were for these folks?
And you did this while driving. Hope it was hands free. Regardless congrats for not having an accident.
I was actually IN the JSW we were talking about. And yes it was hands free :)

I got pretty good at talking on the phone while driving (meaning the main attention is driving) from calling into talk radio a lot 20 years ago while on the road...

If I get too involved or worked up I will pull over.

ar2013tdi

TDI
2014 Sportwagen DSG
So after almost 4 hours, I get a call back. I was in my car driving so I did not have my reference number etc for my case. I explain the situation and the rep on the phone starts talking about something totally different.
I then explain it a second time, and she understood it a little bit better this time. However, even though I explained that their web app on the portal told me I should add a co-registrant by clicking ACCOUNT, she said the only way to fix this is to reset my account and/or registration (I was not quite clear on what she was saying). I declined at the moment as I did not have my registration reference etc in my car and I want to call back and talk to a higher level of intelligence there (if such exists) at a higher response level (manager).
I have tried two different browsers and nowhere do I see a selection to add co-registrant. I am now waiting for another response indicating that I am missing a co-registrant along with requesting uploads of all documents. My fault for not checking names on registration.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
I have tried two different browsers and nowhere do I see a selection to add co-registrant. I am now waiting for another response indicating that I am missing a co-registrant along with requesting uploads of all documents. My fault for not checking names on registration.
They claimed that there was one when I indicated in the original questions that the car was registered to more than 1 person. That at that point it asked for the name of the Co-registrant. I don't remember that happening and if it did, I entered the data at that point. I was very slow and methodical about it.

The current status for me is that they flagged the front of title and the registration as either needing a new document that only lists 1 person OR I need to add a co-registrant

If you need to add an additional registered owner to the Claims Portal, you can add the additional registered owner under the Co-Registrant Name field in the portal by clicking on the ACCOUNT button at the top of this screen.
Which as you've seen and experienced is NOT THERE.

I will be calling them shortly and getting back in the queue for a call back and talk to them about it again and request a manager or supervisor to see if they can just add the dang co-registrant on to the claim manually.

The "registrant ID" doc is marked as APPROVED for me and that doc had a copy of both the IDs on it already for both people.

jtitocci

TDI
2013 Jetta TDi
Everything to do with revising information on the Portal (as of like last week) required you to essentially start over.

I logged on to upload my documents (on 9.20) I changed where I wanted to bring the car back to under my account settings, and when I went back to the upload documents portion, I lost the option to upload the Power of Attorney paperwork. After multiple calls to the hotline, their answer was to start over... I explicitly asked multiple times "Will this affect my position in line?" because I registered my claim the first day, and had a tentative Nov 1st buyback date. All they could tell me was "This is all just estimated" and I continued to fight, that yes, it is estimated, but its first come first serve. End of the day, I ended up redo-ing my claim, and was given a Dec. 15th buyback date. Once the Judge approves, and i'm given a defined date, you bet I'll be calling VW, and complaining. Not to be a whiner, but its not my fault their system went screwy, and they can verify via my previous claim number that I did in fact have a better spot in line.

Seems like VW is telling everyone the same thing "start over"

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
I can't understand the whining in this forum, VW was bad, fixing it according to court guidance. Can't put the genie back in the bottle.

Now instead of voluntarily reading a forum you are getting $10/hr to talk to 200,000 people who changed their mind (we are a fix to buy back change) or messed up filling out the e-form the first time. They just waited 4 hours for you to call them and they are getting an extra $5-10,000 in their pocket.

#firstworldproblems

RoadRunnerTR21

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE w/sunroof
This morning I got the email from VWOA stating they had everything they needed to go forward. Now I wait for the next set of instructions. This is kind of like Mission Impossible. Good morning Mr. Phelps......:rolleyes:

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Why is everyone in such a hurry. What difference does a month or two make? You get the same amount of money.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Why is everyone in such a hurry. What difference does a month or two make? You get the same amount of money.
Because many have already bought a replacement, and want to clear their driveway of too many cars.

And many, many other such reasons.

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
Because many have already bought a replacement, and want to clear their driveway of too many cars.

Well I can see you with an 09 buying a replacement if your car is payed off and is starting to have mechanical issues. . But why do people with 13 and 14 buy replacements? Especially when they have a perfectly good working car.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI

Insurance. Registration. The old car is just in the way.

Plus once we get into the dead of winter, there is the possibility that one might have to shovel out yet another car - especially if your buyback appt comes right after a snowstorm. Right now mine is stored in a place where if there were a big snowstorm, it might be months before I could get it out, so logically if there were snow predicted, I would probably need to move it.

ar2013tdi

TDI
2014 Sportwagen DSG
Well........... . But why do people with 13 and 14 buy replacements? Especially when they have a perfectly good working car.
I really like the car, but my wife is doing a lot of short distance driving. I am concerned about the replacement cost of the DPF. In addition, VW is paying me $3K more than I paid for the car new almost two years ago. Last reason is because my wife feels like she is polluting the environment and feels deceived by VW.

Last edited:

usarmy132

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Got email back, documents seems approved. The web site deffinatly mentions 10 days as some of you posted before. Went outside to check my milage, and car would not even start, no lights and dash is blinking. Need to jump start it, have not started it for 3 month. Shaking my head now

Sigp232

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat
Already got my replacement. I want my money from VW now so I can go to Vegas with my new car and blow my refunded money with a suite at the Wynn and than go to Crazy Horse and go nuts with a bunch of fake boobies wannabe models and in the morning finish up at the craps table.
And when I'm done with myself and with any left over money I'll take wife for brunch at the Belagio and than to the outlets on the strip for her to go nuts.
So yes the sooner the better.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
I do not want to pay full coverage insurance for the vehicle that just stands on my driveway. Already driving another car
And I don't want to have to shovel out another car if we have a snowstorm. And come to think of it, in Nov I will need to have the JSW inspected, and in December the registration expures..

In fact it is worse than that. I have an out of the way place where I can store the car, but if it were to snow, I wouldn't be able to get the car out very easily. So if snow were predicted, I would probably need to move it.

I do go and drive the thing every couple of weeks. I will probably do that again this weekend. The only thing I noticed was that the rotors had gotten a bit rusty, but driving it for a bit cleaned that up.

speedrye

Veteran Member
TDI
13 JSW DSG, 14 JSW DSG
Just remove the TDI badge on the rear, and put it on the VW dealer's lot with some other cars. I doubt they'd notice an extra car there for awhile :D

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
speedrye;5160731[B said:
]Just remove the TDI badge on the rear, and put it on the VW dealer's lot with some other cars. I doubt they'd notice an extra car there for awhile :D[/B]
Now this is (sadly) probably rather accurate................

ez

atomicfront

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 VW Jetta wagon tdi
I really like the car, but my wife is doing a lot of short distance driving. I am concerned about the replacement cost of the DPF. In addition, VW is paying me $3K more than I paid for the car new almost two years ago. Last reason is because my wife feels like she is polluting the environment and feels deceived by VW.
Well the Audi All-road is a good replacement for the SportWagon really like the interior on them.

ar2013tdi

TDI
2014 Sportwagen DSG
Well the Audi All-road is a good replacement for the SportWagon really like the interior on them.
The engine torque is very good but losing fuel efficiency compared to Sportwagon TDI. Highway mileage is rated at 28 mpg. I think it is more car overall than the Alltrack. I did consider the Alltrack and feel that it is a very nice car with lots of technology. My Allroad doesn't have the technology package, which includes backup camera and navigation. The Allroad does have the sports package which includes sport seats, three spoke steering wheel with paddles and Audi Drive. (different transmission, engine shift points)

Snufalufagus

Veteran Member
TDI
11 Golf TDI, 13 CC R-Line (wifey's)
Already got my replacement. I want my money from VW now so I can go to Vegas with my new car and blow my refunded money with a suite at the Wynn and than go to Crazy Horse and go nuts with a bunch of fake boobies wannabe models and in the morning finish up at the craps table.
And when I'm done with myself and with any left over money I'll take wife for brunch at the Belagio and than to the outlets on the strip for her to go nuts.
So yes the sooner the better.
This guy is my hero.

Marlyece

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI DSG
terrible portal

It looks like it will allow me to upload new docs, but there is no place to add a co-registrant in the "Account" as the email instructed. It is not a new doc I need to upload, but a change to the actual registration. Uploading docs is not locked it appears.
Anyone get this resolved? I'm in the same boat. Nowhere to add a co-registrant. What are we supposed to do? Starting over seems ludicrous since they've already approved all the documentation. It's so stupid, my registration and title show both names and I included both drivers' licenses. You would think that they could fix this simply. It shouldn't be rocket science.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone get this resolved? I'm in the same boat. Nowhere to add a co-registrant. What are we supposed to do? Starting over seems ludicrous since they've already approved all the documentation. It's so stupid, my registration and title show both names and I included both drivers' licenses. You would think that they could fix this simply. It shouldn't be rocket science.
+10000000

I tried to call back yesterday to talk to a higher up and see if they can't just add or whatever and after almost 4 hour wait got a call back. About 3 minutes after I had gotten into a car (loaner Q3 so no hands free set up) and I did not have my reference number and could not chat hands free. So now I have to try again.

drshaws

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 JSW TDI 6MT
Replacement vehicle purchased.
Registration up 11/30/16 (would prefer not to pay that again).

So, it's sitting with just about the state minimum insurance in the driveway. I can't wait to be rid of it.

Snow is another aspect I hadn't even thought of yet.