Your engine was probably built in Poland...

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
Since there is a thread about this in the PD section, and since I took a pic of the article from the Polish VW Driver Magaziner, I'd thought I might as well post it here too... And yes i'm Polish! ahah

in polish -> http://servfiles.com/download.php?id=744

the skinny:

-540,000 are built yearly.
-the make engine heads, cylinder heads, etc
-assemble the parts (obviously)
-1000 employees
-engines are then shipped to all the plants in the world from there
-etc

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
On the Sticker sheet, it will mention where the engine was built, transmission, etc.

on my 03 NON PD GERMANY

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
Your engine was probably built in Poland...
Damn those Polish for installing maulty MAFs!

I bought Canadian Bacon that was made in Delaware. I'll never forgive those responsible!

MrPolak

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 New Beetle TDI
Yeah, us Polaks can do a thing or two the right way. :) We got rid of those pesky Commis, didn't we?

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
both our TDi engines are doing great. Those Poles certainly must know what they are doing !

TDIinRI

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 GOLF silver
The new PD engines are built in Poland. The old ALH engines were indeed built in Germany. Many parts of the cars are made in random different places! The Hella headlights on my Golf are made in Slovenia! Or how about this: my alloy wheels are MADE IN CHINA!! As my mom is Polish, I am happy that VW is supporting Poland's economy. It make sense for VW, especially now that Poland is part of the EU and labour costs are significantly less than in Germany!

amorfeusz

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Black Passat GLS Wagon 150k+, 2009 Jetta Sedan
Thanks for the post -will get the mag later today. Who knows, maybe I'll visit the factory once I find a place to rent a VW TDI

suffeks

Veteran Member
TDI
02 GT TDi
the closest place to me is Hertz in Lodz, they have a Skoda Octavia, its the 90hp, and they charge 244Eur for the weekend, Fri-Mon, unlimited mileage. but any other hertz is probably the same.