maintenance schedule

mastereh

TDI
2010 Jetta
I bought a 2010 Jetta TDI this past July and will be passing the 8000km mark.

What maintenance schedule have you been following with your TDI's? The dealership is recommending every 8000km; but I heard that for the first oil change I should wait until at least 10000km.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
I bought a 2010 Jetta TDI this past July and will be passing the 8000km mark.

What maintenance schedule have you been following with your TDI's? The dealership is recommending every 8000km; but I heard that for the first oil change I should wait until at least 10000km.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
It should be pretty clearly listed in your car's user manual. Flip it open and it should have a section dedicated to maintenance. That or call your dealership.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
I wouldnt go by the 2011's owner's manual. I dont think its actually for the Jetta. They just got one and put it in there. Some ppl say its from Tiguan, some say older Jetta. Its just weird i tell ya.
yet another way to shave costs! one size fits all, NOT!

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Crap, keep forgetting, his is 2010, yeah that one should be ok. its the 2011 manuals that are really bad.

Look into 2010 Maintenance manual and should be there as others have suggested.

elro

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GSW TDI Highline Candy White DSG RNS315 Tint 18" Interlagos
Yorkdale VW gave me the same story, the first service was due in 8000 kms or 6 months which ever came first. It displays on the information centre and in the manual, that the first service is due at 15,000 kms and when I questioned someone at the dealership, they stated that the oil in the engine is more of a break-in oil and they like it changed at 8000 kms. I was wondering if this might be a suggestion from VW Canada for a chance to inspect the fuel filter and look for any early signs of an HPFP failure or is it just a dealership cash grab.

redlinedave

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta wagon
Yorkdale VW gave me the same story, the first service was due in 8000 kms or 6 months which ever came first. It displays on the information centre and in the manual, that the first service is due at 15,000 kms and when I questioned someone at the dealership, they stated that the oil in the engine is more of a break-in oil and they like it changed at 8000 kms. I was wondering if this might be a suggestion from VW Canada for a chance to inspect the fuel filter and look for any early signs of an HPFP failure or is it just a dealership cash grab.
Sounds like a cash grab, If the owners manual says first service at 15k
then Id go in at 15k and keep my $150 in my pocket until then.

Tsagoth

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon Automatic
Yeah, +1 cash grab. When I bought my car from them in 05 the windshield stickers were for 16,000km, like the manual says. They changed to 8,000km intervals two years ago I think it's been. I never bothered asking them why, I just ignore it and stick to the 16k interval.