feeler: 2000 jetta GLS 5spd TDI asking 10k

menchi

TDI
00' Jetta GLS (silver)

I'm thinking of selling my 2000 Jetta TDI GLS and getting a cheaper car because of college, I'm not so sure if I'll be able to handle tuition and payments, I love this car to death but I may have to part with it.

Cold Weather package
97K miles
newer looking timing belt, you can still read the printing on it, but it's only a 60K belt.
clean car fax, and MOGolf has inspected it if you want a second opinion
very clean, and driven by non smoker.
CD player
cloth seats
full sized spare
EGR dialed back, very clean EGR,

I'm thinking around 10K because thats about what I owe the dealership. But if your interested, make an offer.

any other questions just ask, I live in the Akron/cleveland ohio area, or if you have an suggestions on selling it, I would like to hear.

thank you

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
With the Cold Weather Package, this sounds like a terrific car. I think if people are hesitating because diesel is currently .20-.30/gallon more than gasoline, they shouldn't... because when spring comes unleaded will be more than diesel, maybe a lot more.

$10k sounds reasonable for a GLS with those miles. And a known maintenance history.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
Get a rich girlfriend!

No, seriously; try listing your car in LA times with online showing as well. (They contract out to cars.com)

Or use autotrader.com. I'd bump your price up. I think you are asking too little. ~11.5K or so.

Hope you don't have to sell it though, but I understand. I ran 4 clunkers into the ground in my 5 years at college. It was very cheap, but not much fun to have to suffer with no A/C in 100 degree weather.

menchi

TDI
00' Jetta GLS (silver)
thank you both, you were a great help, I'll take your advice, and I think it will go well.