TDIFest 2010 Drag Racing Event!

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
You guys... I'm so sorry, but I won't be able to make TDI fest... or the racing. :( An urgent matter has come up and it requires my immediate attention.

This sucks, I was so looking forward to seeing you all again. :mad:

Those of you that have my cell #, I would love to see some pics, or texts of the race results... thanks!

I'm going to miss you!
~Sarah
You and BleachedBora have the longest standing grudge match I've ever seen.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
That's about what I ran with the AC on for my first run Sunday.
Yeah, Maybe I shouldn't have packed the car and filled the tank so soon. I won't be leaving for another few days, but wanted to be sure it all fit.

(in other words: sandbagging!);)

jetta-girl

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI
You and BleachedBora have the longest standing grudge match I've ever seen.
Yeah we do! And believe me... I was really looking forward to lining up against him.

I guess now we are almost even, and I won't be able to poke fun at him for backing out previously.

Have fun guys! I wish I could make it!! :D:eek:

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I wanna hear more about Travis's fueling upgrades. He may be a show stopper if he gets some Firads fine tuned in that 2.0 of his...

tongboy

Veteran Member
TDI
91 Jetta TDI Swap, 97 M3 LS1 Swap
i'd probably blow up the jetta, not that I don't want an excuse to build a new shortblock at least...

i'd really like to run BOTH cars but I don't think i'd have too much fun doing that :eek: at least i'd be able to tow whichever one broke down back with the other one :D

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Weather looks good for sat! Cool and dry.
Woodburn track gates open at or just before 8am. First drags at 9am.

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
i'll be unhooking the tow vehicle from the trailer if anyone wants to race against a 8800lb dually..

JetPuf

Veteran Member
TDI
White '98 Bug, Gray 2010 GL350
Thanks Justin for getting it back together. The car is fantastic. Now to put some good city miles on it to break in the new clutch.

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Thanks Justin for getting it back together. The car is fantastic. Now to put some good city miles on it to break in the new clutch.
Dont forget to thank Aaron, Scott, and Mikey.... I just put the parts in!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
So am I Sarah.... I'm heading up there for one sole reason.........so I could redeem myself from the spanking you gave me last year..... :(

Now what? :eek:

All kidding aside.... Will miss you as well. Hope everything works out for you and hope to see you back in the saddle at West Fest 2011.

You guys... I'm so sorry, but I won't be able to make TDI fest...

Last edited:

hartung

TDI
'01 Golf GLS, 4 door, 5spd
Drag Race Pics

Saturday morning at Woodburn Drag Strip; old school, run what ya' brung.

TDIs are out in force early, attracted a lot of attention!

oldpoopie's All Over it All Day...

Smokin' Tornado!

Someone will have to follow up with the not so gory details, the crew ran some interesting times; a really memorable day...

Fix Um' Haus Rich

White after Labor Day...? Seems to work OK here..!

Hopefully details will be added, It Was Great!

Last edited:

jsrmonster

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
15 Golf SW DSG, RC3 piped, 99.5 Jetta Rocket PD150 6spd 4motion, 2000 ASV110 RC6 "Silverbullet" 5spd Race Car, 2003.5 Cummins QCLB 4x4 "Blue Monster" Jeep CRD juiced, MB Sprinter van juiced up
Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
my best run,
R/T .004
60' 2.010
330' 5.989
1/8 9.091
mph 81.81
1000' 11.725
1/4 13.944
mph 102.24

That was my only run with the slicks.
My best run without slicks was:

R/T .188
60' 2.207
330' 6.266
1/8 9.348
mph 81.80
1000' 11.981
1/4 14.193
mph 102.42

Zippy_car

Trouble Maker
TDI
Previously:'02 Jetta. Now: '13 Subaru XV Crosstrek!
I have a couple of people's time slips... Travis, phil, pierre i think. I will post the best of those times in a few days -once things settle down and i catch up on sleep.

If you guys want your time slips back, let me know and I'll pop them in the mail.

MAXRPM

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta and 99.5 Golf, 2015 Passat TDI,BMW 2
I would like to take the time to thank Jeff RC,, Brad (Oldgreaser) David (TDIinTexas) Justin oldpoopie and the rest sorry if I missed anyone else,, for all the time they took to help me out with my vacuum pump issues and other problems that arose while I was at PDX, we worked 2 days on a row getting my car prepared for the race, Saturaday finished at 3 Am slept 1.5 hr just before the race, I got up around 5:30 am, then Jeff got up at 6 am after only sleeping like 3 hrs trying to fix my iisues , all I have to say without all your support I would not have been able to drag, Jeff I must say you have killer tunes for this drivers fire gtb2260vk no doubt,,, ,, and also the man of the hour, thanks for your tunes as always right on and times at the drag is the proof, Justin's, Pierre's,, rocketchip just continue to rock period.

Pdx crew great guys as always,, although I did not care at all about you guys (Oregonians) having that sticker on the back of your cars,, I am going to get you guys when you come here to SF GTG next time, all of you are on my list including Jetpuf,,,LOL...

Last edited:

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
Max, I think I speak for everyone in saying that if you hadnt been running with us the fun would have been cut in half. It really was a blast.
And remember, we've just touched the surface with tuning these beasts. We'll be tweaking things both a bit more I'm sure!
-J

I would like to take the time to thank Jeff RC,, Brad (Oldgreaser) David (TDIinTexas) Justin oldpoopie and the rest sorry if I missed anyone else,, for all the time they took to help me out with my vacuum pump issues and other problems that arose while I was at PDX, we worked 2 days on a row getting my car prepared for the race, Saturaday finished at 3 Am slept 1.5 hr just before the race, I got up around 5:30 am, then Jeff got up at 6 am after only sleeping like 3 hrs trying to fix my iisues , all I have to say without all your support I would not have been able to drag, Jeff I must say you have killer tunes for this drivers fire gtb2260vk no doubt,,, ,, and also the man of the hour, thanks for your tunes as always right on and times at the drag is the proof, Justin's, Pierre's,, rocketchip just continue to rock period.

Pdx crew great guys as always,, although I did not care at all about you guys (Oregonians) having that sticker on the back of your cars,, I am going to get you guys when you come here to SF GTG next time, all of you are on my list including Jetpuf,,,LOL...

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
Fastest car at this year's TDI Drag races

Fastest thing on the track that day:

Now, that takes some real Cojones to ride down the track

Oops! I think they put me in the wrong line up!

Last edited:

hartung

TDI
'01 Golf GLS, 4 door, 5spd
Cojones Guy...

That's Kenny Dreer, consumate motorcyclist.
That shot was his 6.5 sec 165mph run!
I liked his "Caution Senior Citizen" sign on the back. ;)
What a great day at the Track!

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Sticker? What sticker?
I'm sure we have no idea what you're talking about!
*Pssst*
Justin.....I need another one of those "you know whats" to put on the Jetta.
:p
Keli