GSW SE/SEL Seat Swap

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
Has anyone tried swapping GSW SEL seats with SE seats? Is it direct plug and play or is there additional steps that need to be taken to get it done?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Yes, I swapped a full set and they are a direct plug and play. Hopefully you have a Titan black interior because only '18 SELs came in beige. You lose the driver's underseat drawer if that's a concern.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Mine is an SE and I have the underseat drawer. Beige interior.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
I put R seats in an S with no problems except s harness is missing the two wires for the seat heaters. power seats work fine and they are so much more confortable.

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 passat tdi sel premium 2015 golf s tdi gls tdi b5.5, 2002 eurovan,Peugeot 505 td,Citroen cx25 prestige
If you just want to improve seating front, Passat sel premium seats also fit. Obviously gti seats do as well. You may have to change the passenger detection module to the one that was original to your car to avoid recoding it.

dasjefe

TDI
Golf Sportwagen
Where does one acquire replacement seats? Are these from part-out wrecked cars? I would be particularly interested in those Passat seats :D

thundershorts

Top Post Dawg
TDI
CC seats will work as well but you might have to work with slightly different plugs and change the seat sensor module.

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
Does anyone have any guides or is it pretty straightforward once I pull my seats out?

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
He's going from SE to SEL, which loses the drawer.
OOoooppppsssss. A buddy here just did the opposite, and I was focused on that. The longer seat bottoms on the SEL made his legs fall asleep, so he traded for the shorter seats. :D

sportwagen3

Veteran Member
TDI
OOoooppppsssss. A buddy here just did the opposite, and I was focused on that. The longer seat bottoms on the SEL made his legs fall asleep, so he traded for the shorter seats. :D
If anyone wants to swap their SEL seats for SE seats, let me know.

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
How about the Plaid Sport Seats from a 2017 going into a 2015 SEL GSW. Both sets have heat, but the sport seats have fewer power components. Will those 2017 seats swap into my 2015 with no issues?

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Yes, they should be plug and play, assuming the airbags are the same or at least recognized and accepted.

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
I swapped the seats from my SEL wagon (gray interior) to the Titanium silver SE golf I bought.

Airbag Modules stay with car - not the seat. Make sure the wiring harnesses are the same, mine had an extra ground in it and the harness plug was same, but had an extra wire in the golf, I think.