Problems fitting BEW hose to VNT17 on ALH

Stuffing

TDI
2003 Golf TDI ALH
Full disclosure: I also posted this issue in the MKIV section. Feel free to move/delete either thread. I'm posting here as well hoping more people in the performance enhancements section have done this.

I'm very nearly done getting my new engine and turbo running in the car, but I've got a bit of a hiccup here. According to idparts, and some users online, the BEW hose (part #1J0145822H) should fit from my later style pancake hose to the VNT17 outlet.

The only way I was able to get it to fit at all was by stretching and twisting it to fit... It didn't work at all the way the compressor was clocked at first, I clocked it here and it barely works. I don't feel comfortable running the engine with the hose under stress like this. It looks like it's rubbing the power steering line a bit too:

https://imgur.com/a/uTRgFRs

For those of you who've used this hose, where was your compressor clocked to, and did it fit nice and stress free?

Stuffing

TDI
2003 Golf TDI ALH
Should of bought the adaptor coupler from tunemyeuro.com and could have used the alh pipe.
I agree, next time I'll be using the more proven methods instead of a parts description on an online store (IDParts says this hose works all over their store and blog, which makes me think I'm just being a dummy).

Yourbuddysatin

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
When i installed my darkside pipe work kit I had trouble getting the pipe and coupler to fit right to the intercooler from the turbo. So it could be just and error of install.

Stuffing

TDI
2003 Golf TDI ALH
I messaged IDParts and they said it looks good to them, so I'm continuing with their vote of confidence but also preparing to buy the adapter just in case.
In other news, I started my car for the first time since getting the new engine in, and nothing's blown up (so far) so I'm pretty happy about that.