16490 MAP sensor mystery

absolutetraitor

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf, 2door, all show, no go SOLD 2006.5 Jetta TDI sport DSG... worst vw ever owned.
so i upgrade to a vnt-17 and with in a month of the install right after start up, i mean not even outta first gear, i get a limpmode. The code is 16490 manifold barometric pressure sens implausible G71/F96 P0106 35-10 intermittent. after i cycle the key once, everything is fine until the next time i park it and start up again. My N75 is only about 20k km old, as is my MAF sensor, the only sensor or vaccum component that hasn't bin replaced recently is the MAP sensor, so i thought i'd investigate. naturally the screw heads broke off, so after i cleaned the sensor and connectors with electronics cleaner, i sent some self tappers through the holes next to the original ones.

upon test driving, i now have no boost whatsoever! even after cycling the key. ***?

i reinspected the connection, and it's tight as a drum, so my question is can cleaning it when/if it's on it's way out actually screw it up?

absolutetraitor

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf, 2door, all show, no go SOLD 2006.5 Jetta TDI sport DSG... worst vw ever owned.
also, if someone could post a pic of a good MAP sensor, that'd help me out. mines only got one plastic probe on the end and what hole that looks like it will take another one, so without a pic of a good one for reference, i don't know if mines pooched.