2003 Jetta Red 5 speed TDI 109K miles

ctd2001

TDI
2003 jetta tdi
I just recently purchased a 2003 Jetta TDI for traveling purposes and have come to find out that my job has changed and i will not be traveling as i expected. At 108,600 miles the car has had the timing belt replaced, along with new engine belt, new oil and filter change with mobil 1, four brand new cooper tires along with a couple of small misc things. The water pump checks out fine. The cars interior is nice and clean and the cars exterior is clean with a few dings and scratchs and one small spot of body damge above the drives side rear wheel well, less then $500 dollars worth of damage. This has no effect on the way the car drives or handles. The car shifts and runs awesome, this is the first VW i have owned and i am very impressed with it. It has PW,PL,CC, cd tape player, just about everything except leather. The car is located in Maine and I can email pictures to people who are interested. I am looking to get $11,995 for it. I can deliver the car within a 200 Mile radius of my hometwon if purchased for the asking price. Thanks and feel free to ask questions.
Pictures of the car can be seen here http://maine.craigslist.org/car/675710565.html

Last edited:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Hi, and welcome to Fred's!

I can suggest you post a few pictures of this car to get people excited.

ctd2001

TDI
2003 jetta tdi
I would but i am not sure how to post pictures in a thread, if you could explain i would be more then happy to, thanks

TNTKNC

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
What does it mean that the water pump checks out fine? Did you replace the water pump with the timing belt? This could prove to be a bad thing if you didn't replace it.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
TNTKNC said:
What does it mean that the water pump checks out fine? Did you replace the water pump with the timing belt? This could prove to be a bad thing if you didn't replace it.
Don't worry, it's usual to replace it every other timing belt service unless there is obvious leaking.

ctd2001

TDI
2003 jetta tdi
The VW dealer that replaced the timing belt said that the water pump was fine and not leaking, just passing along what they told me, have the paper work from the dealer that shows what was done to the car. Pictures of the car can be seen here http://maine.craigslist.org/car/675710565.html

Last edited:

KROUT

persona non grata
Sootman said:
Don't worry, it's usual to replace it every other timing belt service unless there is obvious leaking.
Thats what the people that used to own my bug thought too. The the water bearing went bad jumped the belt and droped a valve. New engine needed all because of the water pump.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
KROUT said:
Thats what the people that used to own my bug thought too. The the water bearing went bad jumped the belt and droped a valve. New engine needed all because of the water pump.
Ouch! OK you've convinced me, I'll buy new one at the next TB change.

MarsBar

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V#2 "Flash", 2000 Jetta GL, B4V#1 "PaTuDI" (2008-2018 RIP)
Since the word DEALER was in the orig post as having done the TB, GET THEE TO A GURU FORTHWITH!!!!

steakman

TDI
None
new water pump w/timing belt eh..?? good to know...very good to know.! (-%
Gotta love the forums.! I guess being literate helps too. eh?

stk