www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You




Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 15th, 2017, 13:49   #61
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor
 
oilhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: St Louis
Fuel Economy: fantastic
Default

I have been in a couple that used to be here. The Explorer plant in Hazelwood (gone), and the minivan/ram plant in Fenton (gone). Kinda funny and sad at the same time. The G-van plant (also builds the new Colorado/Canyon) in Wentzville is still here, not been to that one.
__________________
oilhammer
www.cardocautomotive.com
oilhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:45   #62
251
TDI Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NW IN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilhammer View Post
I have been in a couple that used to be here. The Explorer plant in Hazelwood (gone), and the minivan/ram plant in Fenton (gone). Kinda funny and sad at the same time. The G-van plant (also builds the new Colorado/Canyon) in Wentzville is still here, not been to that one.
Fenton was Chrysler - I understand they had two plants side by side and both were razed in 2011. There was talk of the St. Louis Rams building a new football stadium on the site before the team decided to move to Los Angeles.

As for choosing between the Henry Ford Museum or the Rouge Tour - the Rouge Tour starts/finishes at the Henry Ford Museum. Means people have the option of choosing at the last minute which one they want to do so some of us can do the Rouge and others the Henry Ford. Would only need to agree on a time those on the Rouge Tour are to be back at the museum so we can move on to pizza. I do understand Lawson wanting to know what people prefer and hopefully having all of us stick together.
251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:51   #63
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast
 
VeeDubTDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Springfield, VA
Fuel Economy: see signature
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 251 View Post
Fenton was Chrysler - I understand they had two plants side by side and both were razed in 2011. There was talk of the St. Louis Rams building a new football stadium on the site before the team decided to move to Los Angeles.
As for choosing between the Henry Ford Museum or the Rouge Tour - the Rouge Tour starts/finishes at the Henry Ford Museum. Means people have the option of choosing at the last minute which one they want to do so some of us can do the Rouge and others the Henry Ford. Would only need to agree on a time those on the Rouge Tour are to be back at the museum so we can move on to pizza. I do understand Lawson wanting to know what people prefer and hopefully having all of us stick together.
That sounds like a plan - we can go to the Ford complex and people can do whatever they decide they want to do. We typically do pizza before these activities since people are hungry after the auto show. If the tour starts at 3pm, that might be cutting it a little close.
__________________


Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:43   #64
Jetter_Sprinta
Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
 
Jetter_Sprinta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Fuel Economy: Better than a Prius ;-)
Default

Yayyy!! I suppose suggesting the Detroit Institute of Art would be asking too much! The Henry Ford Museum has been on my list for years, actually decades.

My last auto assembly tour was Wolfsburg, so I'm very happy to stick with the museum.
__________________
Home of "Krappy Wagon" + a few others!
Jetter_Sprinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:30   #65
deegingerkid
Beware the Ginger! Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The Left Coast
Fuel Economy: 38-44 depending on lead-footed-ness and highway/city proportion
Default

Oh hey guys. I never check in here anymore and had to request a password reset. I'm terrible.

Anywho, just got paid again on the 15th, and working lots of overtime at my temp job. Looks like I'll be able to afford a couple nights at the hotel and we'll be buying flight tickets really soon. Deegingerkid and Matt98-AHU...
The California kids are comin in. Are y'all ready to party?

Last non-West Coast TDIer we saw was BKmetz when he came around our way over the summer. Been busier than **** lately. Too many projects and too little time.

Look forward to relaxing and not having hockey kids!!!! Hot tub time. Miss you all. Hey Sprockette, I see you out there <3
__________________
Ohio to California transplant and loving it!
2k Beetle, Batik Blue, 5sp., Stage 3 TDtune, front knuckle upgrade (from 1.8T), Seat Cupra R rear axle bushings (I rather like tasteful and discreet upgrades)
I'm a ginger. You've been warned.
deegingerkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 16:40   #66
VeeDubTDI
Good Ol' Boy
TDIClub Enthusiast
 
VeeDubTDI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Springfield, VA
Fuel Economy: see signature
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegingerkid View Post
Oh hey guys. I never check in here anymore and had to request a password reset. I'm terrible.
Anywho, just got paid again on the 15th, and working lots of overtime at my temp job. Looks like I'll be able to afford a couple nights at the hotel and we'll be buying flight tickets really soon. Deegingerkid and Matt98-AHU...
The California kids are comin in. Are y'all ready to party?
Last non-West Coast TDIer we saw was BKmetz when he came around our way over the summer. Been busier than **** lately. Too many projects and too little time.
Look forward to relaxing and not having hockey kids!!!! Hot tub time. Miss you all. Hey Sprockette, I see you out there <3
Hell yes yes yes!!

I'm glad things are going well for you and that you're able to splurge on a vacation to hang out with us!
__________________


Trusted TDI Mechanics Map || TDIClub Chat
VeeDubTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:10   #67
tomo366
TDI Lifer
 
tomo366's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 1997
Location: Kensington, Maryland USA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegingerkid View Post
Oh hey guys. I never check in here anymore and had to request a password reset. I'm terrible.
Anywho, just got paid again on the 15th, and working lots of overtime at my temp job. Looks like I'll be able to afford a couple nights at the hotel and we'll be buying flight tickets really soon. Deegingerkid and Matt98-AHU...
The California kids are comin in. Are y'all ready to party?
Last non-West Coast TDIer we saw was BKmetz when he came around our way over the summer. Been busier than **** lately. Too many projects and too little time.
Look forward to relaxing and not having hockey kids!!!! Hot tub time. Miss you all. Hey Sprockette, I see you out there <3
Hockey Kids will still be there.....
__________________
My page is Dedicated to the Memory of
Christopher Farnham RIP my friend!
Great friend and supporter of TDICLUB
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 21:35   #68
bhtooefr
TDIClub Enthusiast
ToofTek Inventor
 
bhtooefr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Newark, OH
TDI(s): None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeDubTDI View Post
You'll note that it's a week later this year than usual, which means no hockey kids at the hotel, yay!
Unless they're staying an extra week...
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 5 (1 members and 4 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
10th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2017 - January 14 (aka WINTERFEST) VeeDubTDI Mid-west USA 141 January 24th, 2017 05:53
9th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2016 - January 16 (aka WINTERFEST) VeeDubTDI Mid-west USA 149 January 19th, 2016 12:19
8th Annual Detroit Auto Show GTG - NAIAS 2015 - January 17 (aka WINTERFEST) VeeDubTDI Mid-west USA 289 January 23rd, 2015 13:55
7th Annual DETROIT AUTO SHOW GTG - NAIAS 2014 - January 18 VeeDubTDI Mid-west USA 179 January 31st, 2014 15:47
4th Annual NAIAS 2011 GTG -- Detroit Auto Show VeeDubTDI Mid-west USA 168 January 18th, 2011 22:03


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:54.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright - TDIClub Online LTD - 2017
Contact Us | Privacy Statement | Forum Rules | Disclaimer
TDIClub Online Ltd (TDIClub.com) is not affiliated with the VWoA or VWAG and is supported by contributions from viewers like you.
1996 - 2017, All Rights Reserved
Page generated in 0.14911 seconds with 12 queries
[Output: 97.27 Kb. compressed to 84.81 Kb. by saving 12.46 Kb. (12.81%)]