My Jetta MKIV TDI '07 (Still MKIV in Mexico)

Pabs16

TDI
Jetta 2007
My Jetta MKIV TDI '07

Hi, my name is Pablo, i'm from Monterrey in Mexico (like 2 hour from TX), i'm 25 years old and i'm driving a VW Jetta MKIV 2007 TDI

I used to drive...

SEAT Ibiza 2007 2.slow (gasoline)

Now i'm driving this...

It's a complete world apart, diesel is fun and gives better miles per gallon.

Things i miss from the SEAT
-Climatronic
-Electrohydraulic direction
-Sporty suspension
-On board computer

Things i do not miss
-Going to the fuel station every week

Soem pictures

I bought it 2nd hand, 1 owner it had 13,XXX miles in the odometer, by now it has 24, xxxx miles.

First Mod...
Carbon Fiber Vynil 3M 1080 Scotchprint

I've been reading a lot in this forum, it's full of information, and i decided to introduce myself,

Plans for the TDI, only exterior plans like:
-Sport springs
-Bigger OEM wheels
-HID OEM Headlights

I love my car my milleage record it's 745.80 miles per tank on a roadtrip.

Hope you enjoyed the pictures, sorry about my english is not very good.

Last edited:

Pabs16

TDI
Jetta 2007
Looks really nice.

I am just curious, what is electro hydronic direction?
Thanks

My mystake it is not electrohydraulic it's

Servotronic
Servotronic offers true speed-dependent power steering, in which the amount of servo assist depends on road speed, and thus provides even more comfort for the driver. The amount of power assist is greatest at low speeds, for example when parking the car. At higher speeds, an electronic sensing system gradually reduces the level of power assist. In this way, the driver can control the car even more precisely than with conventional power steering. A number of automakers use Servotronic, including Audi, General Motors, BMW, Volkswagen, Volvo, SEAT, Lancia and Porsche.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_steering

BadNewsMike

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta TDI
Ive driven around Monterrey in my tdi with my ny plates. last year. got alot of crazy looks. the Transito's loved me. I'm soo jealouse of the cars you can get there like the tamarack.

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Bienvenidos amigo. Looks good. I travel to Toluca a lot for work and my coworker has a 2011 Ibiza. It's a nice car. I wish we had Seat in the US. We like to brag to each other about the things we have in our cars that the other doesn't.

Just a quick question: Does VW still use the 1.9 liter TDI for new models in Mexico? All my coworkers don't know about the 2.0 liter TDI engine. We work for an engine parts company so it's important to know this. :D

Pabs16

TDI
Jetta 2007
Ive driven around Monterrey in my tdi with my ny plates. last year. got alot of crazy looks. the Transito's loved me. I'm soo jealouse of the cars you can get there like the tamarack.
Nice, yes we have some quite curious cars here that you cant get in other countries, one of the reasons is that cars that are a sales success keep living for a long time.

When are you coming back to Monterrey?

Pabs16

TDI
Jetta 2007
Bienvenidos amigo. Looks good. I travel to Toluca a lot for work and my coworker has a 2011 Ibiza. It's a nice car. I wish we had Seat in the US. We like to brag to each other about the things we have in our cars that the other doesn't.

Just a quick question: Does VW still use the 1.9 liter TDI for new models in Mexico? All my coworkers don't know about the 2.0 liter TDI engine. We work for an engine parts company so it's important to know this. :D
Thank you my friend,

Yes we do have the 2.0 TDI engine since last year i guess, its used by the new Jetta, we also have the 2.0 BITDI in the pick up Amarok.

We also have modern engines from vw and seat such as 1.2TSI / 1.4TSI and the 1.4 TSI with a Turbo and a supercharger in the SEAT Ibiza Bocanegra, and soon in the polo GTI.

Danielg42

Veteran Member
TDI
B5 Passat BHW - 6 speed manual
Does your radio/head unit have a slot for an SD card/Bluetooth/USB?
I'd like to get my hands on a modern oem single din head unit for the mk4 platform. :)

CLLARK1

TDI
2010 SPORTWAGEN 06 JETTA
Visiting Monterrey

I am visiting Monterrey for a few weeks.I thought I might be able to find a used RNS-315 OR RNS-510 radio for my 2010 Jetta Sportwagen.Do you have any ideas where to check.