How many miles on your passat ?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
437 total miles.
I have owned the car 6 days. I just programmed an X gauge for EGT into the Scangauge II and did the rain sensing wiper/auto window close thing w/VCDS.

Sent from an iPad... Please forgive me if this is perfectly readable.

Bill

OldPirate

TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Just getting the feel of it...

A bit over 700 miles after the first week.

I live in an area where the roads are fairly straight and flat. My week showed an average of over 46 mpg with some in town driving and a fair amount of open road.

The only complaint is that the Continental Tires had over 36 psi in them and when I lowered them to the recommended 33 I really did get a reduction in road noise.

So far I think I've found the type of car that I should have been driving a decade ago. I put 135,000 miles on an Accord Hybrid and it still ran very well when I traded it last week, but Honda has abandoned that type of Hybrid and gone to the "Prius" concept and I don't need to buy a car for mileage then have to "baby it" to get said mileage. That's the best thing about the Passat. You drive it like you've always driven a car and it exceeds the EPA numbers. Hard to beat reality!

AWD9590

TDI
2013 Passat 6 sp. mn.
18K in 7 months

Except for the bad turbo at 8K - see thread dedicated to this subject - no problems. I average 43MPG combined by pen and paper.

I was considering selling as I now telecommute and no longer need an MPG champ; however I really like this car. Besides,:) saving fuel is still a great concept even if I am not commuting 50 miles each way anymore.

n1acguy

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Passat TDI DSG SE/Sunroof
Will probably be at about 17K when it hits a year next month.
No issues so far.
Impressive fuel economy for a car this size

jo frog

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
Still lovin it.

Just passed 20k in 15 months.

Home from vacation - 1st long range trip (1200 mi 1-way) with the wife, kids, and a fully packed trunk and averaged over 45MPG. Love my VW! :)

AtlantaRene

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE DSG w/Sunroof and Nav
This explains why everyone is posting better fuel economy numbers than I. I'm at 16,900 at 15 months of ownership. About 70% of my driving is city and I have an 8 mile commute to work.

-- AtlantaRene

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FormerOwner

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6spd; Former Owner 02 MkIV wagon
The GROVE is the handle of the guy on here with the most miles... over 80K... I'm at 50,300 now.

passatv6af

Veteran Member
TDI
B7 6MT
Purchased December 27th 2013, now have 15,600. Will have over 20k by end of the year. Oh yeah, and 20k miles away from stage 1 :)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Purchased December 2011...early production (see signature)

Just turned 30k miles...turbo still whistling/whining, since 8k miles, but no issues with the turbo. UOA showed excess aluminum at 25k (5k miles UOA...), subsequently changed at 28k miles. Will do another UOA before the 36k warranty is up.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
12,000 miles

The good: 41+mpg combined, 85% city driving. Best tank: 54mpg real on 785 mile tank, fully loaded maintaining 70 to 80 mph (driver and three passengers, plus luggage). The NMS is an excellent road car.

More good? quiet ride, excellent accommodation for driver and passengers. NICE highway torque (hills and passing ease), maintaining fuel economy with some aggressive passing.

The bad:-horn notification on door lock keeps "coming back" after "deselecting" in settings...just weird (disabled permanently in my 2021 JSW, no problem).
-still can't lock without the key (@!#@! Volkswagon!). Toyota STILL allows you to lock without key, just hold lever in open position while closing (goes back thirty years...Thanks Toyota!).
-all windows down/up option with key in driver door in unlock/lock position works fine, but the plastic cover blocks use:confused:
I could use this on my old '03 Jetta, my 2010 JSW, but NOT my NEW Passat...Just DUMB.
-the engine should be allowed to stall on it's own at low rpm. not automatically...
-When low rpm stall happens, must pop clutch to start, or TURN OFF, PULL KEY OUT, GENUFLECT, CROSS, PUT KEY BACK IN, and HOPE it starts while you are in the middle of the intersection:eek:

What the heck on that last problem? Seems like a VW liability.

Last edited:

Whitecloud1

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Mk4 w/ 250K+ . 2013 Passat SEL 45K+
2013 Passat TDI SEL purchased in September 2012, 38,500miles as of this morning.

Pretty much averaging about 40MPG:)

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Purchased 4/24/12 and at 36,500 miles right now (in KCMO). It will be close to 38,000 by the time I make it back home on Wednesday.

Car has performed flawlessly on the entire trip (aside from a wheel bearing that was replaced under warranty - caused by a Montana construction zone) and is returning around 44 MPG at 75+ MPH. Couldn't be happier. :cool:

TypeRod

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Prem.
Im at about 10,200 @ just about my 1 year anniversary. Just had the right headlight housing replaced due to the short in it. Lovin' the car so far!

wild_phil

TDI
None yet
5 weeks and 4600 miles. Hoping the miles slow down soon. Lets keep it going guys. Anyone had any costly issues yet?

Learning about TDI's.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Rapidly closing in on 40,000. We're going to hit it before Fest. :D